(Closed) July 27, 2013

posted 8 years ago in July 2013
Post # 92
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@jatelynn:  Thanks! You’re right – it seems like we’ve chosen a popular day to get married! ๐Ÿ™‚ I can’t wait either… but it’ll be here before we know it!
As for registering, I realized afterward that my wording wasn’t clear… I was actually referring to registering to be married/getting a marriage license (but we ended up finding out the other day that there’s no “marriage license” per se in the province where we’re getting married – so one less thing to worry about!) … but now that you mention gift registeries, we haven’t done that yet either! Gotta get on that!
I can completely relate to feeling far behind. Are you having a big wedding? I made all of my invitations by hand, but we’re only having around 65 guests (and it was still a pretty time-consuming endeavour). We don’t really have our reception decorations decided on either… I think we’re gonna go with “clean and simple” – maybe just some white flowers, and maybe some candles. My dress is in already, but I’m unfortunately having to get a lot of alterations done that I wasn’t anticipating, so it’s kinda stressing me out.

Anyway, I’m sure we’ll all get everything done in time! I know what you mean though, all of those little details are starting to pile up!

But, in the end, when we say “I do”, nothing else matters. As long as that happens, the day went perfectly!

Post # 93
461 posts
Helper bee

Oh my gosh, i wanted a smaller wedding. But then it turned into let’s just invite everyone and anyone. haha His mother’s list alone is 150 guests (i have been assured though that half of those won’t attend). We could have anywhere from 100 to 200 people. It’s crazy to think about and I’m trying my hardest not to. haha. So i might be crazy to DIY the invites but i can only think of the cost if I dont.

Post # 94
26 posts
Newbee

@jatelynn:  Yeah, that sounds like a lot to make by hand… you might want to consider what you’ll spend on all the materials and see whether the cost is really that much different (especially once you factor in all the time it will take you to make them – how much is that worth to you?). If you’re buying relatively good-quality stuff (e.g. card stock, ribbons, envelopes, pens, glue, etc., etc.), it’s gonna add up fast. You might be able to order some online for a similar price, and less effort on your part. Just a tip! ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck either way!

Post # 95
461 posts
Helper bee

Just realized ladies that today marks 100 days to our big days!!!!!! Mini freak out followed by excitement follwed by another mini freak out. I cannot wait to be married to my best friend!

Post # 96
161 posts
Blushing bee

@jatelynn:  Happy 100 Days !!!

Post # 97
1475 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@rds2013:  @jatelynn:  Yay!! 100 days away – omg I still have so much to do!

Post # 98
1475 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

When are you all sending out your invitations? We are planning to send ours out on Tuesday, May 28 and have an rsvp by date of July 1. What are your plans?

Post # 99
461 posts
Helper bee

@Sea_Ashley:  i still haven’t decide on invites but that’s on my to do to finalize next week at the very latest. But they will definitely go out either the last week in may or the first week in june. My entire half of the wedding is traveling, so i want them to have time to make plans. I think we’ll have the RSVP date like the 8th of july. We don’t have to have final numbers for our reception really but just an idea of who is coming.

Post # 100
795 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013 - Four Rivers Environmental Center

@Sea_Ashley:  I’m sending mine out at the end of this month at the 3 month mark. And am asking for a reply by Jun 22. 

Post # 101
161 posts
Blushing bee

@Sea_Ashley:  my reception locations wants the rsvps back by june 13th, so I i’m sending mines out 05/13/2013 and replys are due back 06/01/2013

Post # 102
733 posts
Busy bee

@Sea_Ashley:  We are sending our invitations out May 20th and our RSVP date is also July 1st. I am so excited! My friend told me it all started to seem real when she sent out the invitations.

Post # 103
351 posts
Helper bee

Sending mine out mid-May asking for a June 21st RSVP:)

Post # 104
837 posts
Busy bee

I sent my invites at the beginning of April. So early, but so many people travelling who need to have their trips booked soon. We already have 54 guests coming. ๐Ÿ™‚

Plus now we are sending out to a few extras since we have had a few unanticipated declines. Three people having babies in August who can’t travel! I guess that’s what happens when you’re pretty much the last of your friends to get married.

Post # 105
837 posts
Busy bee

It’s under 3 months until the big day!!! Anyone else making all kinds of to-do lists with even the most minute details just so you can check things off?? 

Post # 106
351 posts
Helper bee

@NLbride:  Haha I’m scared to make any lists! I don’t want to add up all the stuff I’m forgetting. Right now, I’m just finishing all the centerpeices and starting my dress alterations for bustle and such.

The topic ‘July 27, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors