Post # 3
10218 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 2010

my 30th bday is july 2nd!! and i think a great day to get married πŸ˜€

Post # 4
815 posts
Busy bee

We are!  Sort of.  We’re getting married on July 2nd!  It works perfectly for people traveling, especially all his Army friends.  They will have a 4 day weekend.  I’m so so excited for it!

Post # 5
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I’m getting married on July 3rd 2011 too!!! I think it will honestly be the BEST DAY of the yr, lol. Sunday’s always have this gentle beauty about them and our first day as a married couple will be SPECTACULAR since it will be the 4th of July! Not to mention almost every reception venue we look at has cheaper prices on Sunday.

It will be a phenonmal 3 day weekend and I know our guest will be delighted. That day also has special meaning to my Fiance and I since he was born on the 7th and I the 3rd πŸ™‚

Congrats on choosing such a special day!!!

Post # 6
4001 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I wanted to do this!  We were going to have the wedding the weekend of Memorial Day.  In the end we just chose a different random Friday because the cost was significantly less. 

Post # 7
277 posts
Helper bee

Me too!  July 3, 2011 bride here!  We are also taking advantage of the 3 day weekend for Out of Town guests….and the summer weather here in Chicago.  We were scared of doing it for the spring, fall, or winter because you never know what Chicago weather will bring.  It can snow in the spring and we wouldn’t be surprised.  Smile

We have guests from other countries (Philippines & Australia) and they are excited to see how Americans celebrate their 4th of July!  I can’t wait to show our guests “stuff Americans do”!  (Hotdogs & fries, baseball, downtown Chicago, deep dish pizza, etc.)

Post # 8
58 posts
Worker bee

Not only do I love that it’s a three day weekend, but also, I love the date of 7/2/2011.  Ok, bear with my dorkiness, but I love that the date is “couple-y” – first there’s the “2” in July 2 (as in two people), then there’s another 2, skip the 0, and then there are two 1s (which I can see possibly used in a cheesy way like two stick figures holding hands that represent the two 1s).  Also, the 7 “kind of” can look like a 2.  Alright I’m done… I figure this is probably the best place to share my dorky thoughts as the outside world will probably think I’m ridiculous…!  πŸ™‚

p.s.  hazel920, we have guests coming from the Philippines and Australia also that weekend.  Maybe some of them will travel through Chicago to Louisville (where my wedding will be held) and cross paths.

Post # 9
5 posts
Newbee

Im July 1st! (Friday Night) πŸ™‚

Post # 10
7 posts
Newbee

Hi Ladies,

I have Red, White & Blue vintage stamps available, if you are interested.

Kia

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi everyone!

My fiance and I are also taking advantage of the holiday weekend… so excited for our 7-3-11 wedding. Only 455 more days πŸ™‚

Post # 12
1 posts
Wannabee

Just found this post and I love it! We are also getting married July 3, 2011. Lots of out of town guests and having the wedding in Rochester, NY– so the weather is always unpredictable (our wedding will still be inside!). Are you guys doing anything holiday-related? We’re going to have sparklers and our colors are navy, red (shoes!) and light blue.

Post # 13
815 posts
Busy bee

@ spiffykatie — we’re doing sparklers too!  Our venue is on the water, and I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some fireworks from the town. lol

Post # 14
145 posts
Blushing bee

July 3 and SOOOOOOO excited for the holiday weekend!!!! Also, all of our guest will be Out of Town (we are getting married 6hrs away from home were we went to college). SO we defintiely wanted to take advantage of the 3day weekend! And I am so excited that every year we will get to celebrate our anniversary with a firework show!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 15
11 posts
Newbee

I just booked my venue for July 2, 2011.  Before I read this post, I was REALLY worried that everyone would be annoyed that I chose a holiday weekend.  I’m feeling a lot better about it now!

Post # 16
65 posts
Worker bee

I am trying for July 3rd because of the extended weekend my family can travel and we can celebrate in downtown Chicago without having to worry about entertaining everyone (lol….less stress)

The topic ‘July 2nd or 3rd, 2011!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors