(Closed) July Babies 2013 – Part 10!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: when are you going to have your baby shower?!

march

april

may

june

july

• Post # 437
    920 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @Mrs.D:  Love that crafting!!!  I am doing a lot of my own art/decorations too – that is SUCH a great idea with the stickers! can’t wait to see your nursery all put together!

View original reply
    @ilovestripes: 
    View original reply
    @Izzy81:   I was told my placenta was very low.  Mine is 2 MM away from my cervix when it is supposed to be 2 CM.  Anyway – he said 9 times out of 10 it fixes itself and is very common.   We do another ultrasound at 28 weeks to make sure it is moving in the right direction and if it is not – I guess we will talk about options!  He basically just said if I see any bleeding or have any extreme cramping to call him or go to the emergency room.  He also said to take it easy in the bedroom- and to use methods that arent as “deep”as others. lol tmi.

Post # 438
    1401 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

On a serious note I kinda have a heavy heart. No one on my dad’s side of the family including my own father know that we’re having a baby. Well, one cousin does but she ain’t saying nothing. My relationship with my dad is super complicated. My parents divorced when I was 9. I was always in the middle. Heard and saw things I never should. My dad has picked and chosen when he wanted to be in my life. He’s physically and emotionally abusive. He would always tell me how horrible he thought I was. He had another daughter and gave her my name. My name is Breanna people call me Bre. He named her Breanca and they call her Bre. Through it all I’ve always tried to have a relationship with this man. Prior to getting married I hadn’t spoken to him in a few years. My brother told me that I should talk to him and I did.

I would also like to mention that I live in Colorado and both side of my family are in various parts of California.

So I invited him to the wedding. He said he would help pay for half the reception. I told him about all of our wedding plans. Well the closer we got to the wedding surprise surprise he disappeared. He says that I was being disrespectful and only wanted to talk to him for his money and he didn’t appreciate that I wanted both of my parents to walk me down the aisle. He felt he should have been the only one. But a few years ago I reconciled with my mom (another long story) and thought it would be nice to have both of my parents there to usher me into my new life as a married woman. So… he didn’t come to my wedding. And with the exception of 1 cousin no one on his side of the family came either even though they all promised they would.

So fast forward to now. I’ll be 22 weeks pregnant this week. Our daughter is growing and kicking and it’s such a blessing. She’ll be his first grandchild. But I haven’t told him. He’s a bully. He’s cussed out my husband because my husband told him he owes me an apology for not coming to the wedding and hurting me. I know that if I call him it will lead to some sort of argument or he will somehow make the birth of my daughter about him and I don’t want or need that. I have a hard enough time getting to work. I don’t need the addes stress of him.

But part of me feels bad that he doesn’t know. If he wasn’t such an @$$hole then he would know. It just makes me sad because weddings and babies should bring families together and in my case it brings us further apart. Like I was bawling last night because I just want him to be a dad and he won’t do that. I know I have no control over what he does. But at this moment in my life I feel like I deserve all the support I can get.

Ok…. vent over. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer. On a happy note…. I think we’ve agreed on a name for her!!!! But just to mess with people I’ve been calling her Boneshaquanetta….

Post # 439
    817 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
    @ilovestripes:  My what to expect book said approx 23 weeks, I was loking at it last night to see what month I was but who knows, I remember my Dr saying I was in the 2nd tri at 12weeks while others say 13, 14 wks. You would think they would have a universal chart by now haha   I agree no need to worry about it now, too early to be a problem. And no it isn’t supposed to be that common at all. I know 2 women that had it as well. 

Post # 441
    1172 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2011

View original reply
    @MrsB1015:  Thanks! I just ordered another decal 🙂  It’s a bird sitting on a branch, I’m going to put it on yellow card stock this time.  $2.36 for the decal plus .49 for the card stock!! I also just ordered this one.  I’m going to get a wood board, paint it white then my aqua and sand it a little so the white comes through and it’s a little worn looking, then do the decal in white: 

Most of the painted boards I’ve seen on Etsy with this quote are $40+, I ordered the decal for $16 and I already have paint.  The wood should be pretty cheap too.

@wifegoodman: You can take the paint sample from whatver brand you like to Home Depot or Lowes and have them match it, they’ll just do the color with one their brands of paint you pick out.

Post # 442
    817 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @MrsB1015:  LMAO – “and to use methods that arent as “deep”as others.” So strange how Dr’s are so different. Your placenta is closer to your cervix than mine yet mine said no sex and yours just said to be careful. Ugh. I also red that some Dr.’s will let you do a vag birth at 2cm while others want your placenta at least 3cm away from your cervix.

View original reply
    @MrsDTMajor:  So sorry you are having a hard time. ((HUGS)) 

View original reply
    @CindyRelly:  That is pretty, not sure I could do a whole room that color though, maybe like one but then again I have no design sense haha

Post # 443
    817 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Mrs.D:  That is precious!

Post # 444
    920 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Mrs.D:  Aww love it! We are doing a bird theme and I got a bird stencil and a wooden bird to paint.  I thought with the stencil i would mache newspaper to a canvas and then put the stencil down and paint around it in a color of the quilt – and maybe add a quote about birds/flying?  LIke ” If you’re a bird, I’m a bird” or maybe have 3 little birds and have “Don’t worry about a thing”  I just dont know! It is another pinterest idea so hopefully it works out!

Post # 445
    920 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Izzy81:  No kidding!!!  If your doctor says no sex at all – then maybe I will just stop too.  I would rather be safe than sorry.   He kind of swept it under the rug!! I also told my mom to ask the doctors at her hospital – she works at a hospital about an hour away – and she said they all said that is normal and fixes itself.

Post # 446
    861 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @MrsDTMajor:  HAHAHAHAHAHA re: Boneshaquanetta! Sorry that you’re going through a tough time with your dad – I think having your own kids makes you think about your parents and your relationship with them, and it can be tough!

Post # 447
    1172 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @Izzy81:  
    View original reply
    @MrsB1015:   🙂  I love all the bird themes, I’m mixing in a few bird things too so it’s not just deer lol.  I found this at Hobby Lobby for $20 last week, thought it might add a little more color to the room too

Post # 448
    920 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @Mrs.D:  OMG i need that!that is the same blue in my quilt and i love it!

Post # 449
    1172 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MrsB1015:  Check Hobby Lobby, mine only had 2 left since they were on clearance last week so I grabbed it.  It’s my color aqua too, and the yellow.  Not crazy about the red and pink for a boy’s room… but the other colors worked so well and I don’t think it looks girly.  It’s a pretty decent size for $20 too, I’d say about 18″

Post # 450
    136 posts
    Blushing bee

View original reply
    @BookGirrl:  Have you thought about checking out Craigslist for the adaptor? It’s an added expense but doesn’t have to be a big one (unlike car seats, adaptors don’t have expiration dates and can be bought used). The Britax car seats themselves are more expensive than some of the others, so by going with a Citi Jogger Mini you might be able to get a cheaper car seat (or just have more options of car seats in general)

For all mamas wondering about all the baby stuff, there’s a wonderful “Buy or Skip” article on Hellobee today about what’s necessary and what’s not for babies (from over a dozen moms!) http://www.hellobee.com/2013/03/12/baby-gear-buy-or-skip/

Post # 451
    620 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @BookGirrl:  I think they are pretty equal, honestly, and your pros and cons are on point. When we went and looked in person, I felt like the Britax was a little more maneuverable and I like that you don’t need the adaptor. You can certainly buy one but it seemed like added bulk I wouldn’t want. The basket is a little smaller but for me that’s less off a concern now that I’m not in NYC and also have a car, but for you that might make a difference. I will say its def big enough to fit a diaper bag and if you got hooks to hang the bag you’d have a decent amount of space underneath for other stuff. Also the price was a win for me since you can get the “travel system” stroller and carseat together for like $320 at diapers.com or $380 at Babies R Us! There was a good video review of the Britax from baby Gizmo that someone shared on my stroller thread – I will message it to you! She shows the seat recline and her 4 year old sitting in it so you can get a better feel for how much of an issue that might be. My thought is by the time a kid is that big, they dont want to be in a stroller much anyway so it wasn’t a deal breaker for me. I think it will prob come down to your preference in test driving though. My new concern is that we probably do want a second and it doesn’t convert to a double, and it’s it stupid to do that or should we just get something we can later add to. I have friends saying that by the time this one is 2.5 he won’t want to sit much anyway so just adding the stand platform would prob be fine, but others said they use the double stroller a ton and so wish they’d have gotten one that converts. But of course all the ones you can convert are much bulkier now and what I like about the B Agile is how light and maneuverable it is! So confusing!

The topic ‘July Babies 2013 – Part 10!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors