Post # 1
July is sneaking up on me and I feel like I have so much to do. But when I look at my checklist, I have the big things done. I made a list of things to do last night and it isn’t as bad as I thought. But b/c it is shorter then what I thought, I feel like I am missing some things. So far I have:
-find a DOC
-purchase wedding band for Fiance
-send invitations to calligrapher
-purchase a few items for reception
-schedule tasting for dinner menu
-make programs, menus, and reserved signs
-finish gifts for bridal party
July brides, what is on your to-do list?
Post # 3
A lot more than you!
We need cake, photographer, rings, suits, signs, menus plus who-knows-what-else!
Post # 4
I’m with lorilori! I have so much to do!
Reception food, engagement pictures, send out invites, get with the rental people and give them the list, help BMs get there dresses, ect ect ect!! we’ve also got to work on our centerpieces!!
Post # 5
The biggest thing on my list right now is to make my invitations. Fortunately as a teacher I have spring break coming up soon.
The only vendor we still need to book is hair and make-up, but we have a ton of little things to take care of. I cross one thing off and add 3 more at the same time.
Post # 6
All the big stuff is done and I’m plowing through the smaller stuff, but I tried to be exhaustive in making our checklist so it looks fairly long.
- DANCE LESSONS (we have started these, but we have several more and I want to book a few private lessons as well)
- Pick out and purchase shoes (mine and bridesmaids’)
- Engagement photos
- Bridal photos (booked, just need to do them)
- DIY Make the favors (in progress – print out stickers, assemble)
- Pick out and buy my jewelry
- Pick out and buy attendant jewelry
- Pick out and buy bridesmaid gifts
- Give photographers a list of required shots
- Buy Fiance ‘s band, get engraved
- Pick out and buy cufflinks
- Pick out and buy groomsmen-gifts
- Do hair/makeup trial
- Boudoir pics
- Mail contract to ceremony musicians
- DIY Make invitations, mail them (this has many many sub-steps)
- DIY Figure out how to make table signs, make them
- DIY Make escort cards with wine corks and tag thingies (may finish this tonight!)
- Figure out the tent – communicate with other brides from my venue (in progress, nearly done)
- Call the venue to reserve wine (our venue is a winery)
- Figure out ceremony – what readings, what hymns, who does readings, who sings (halfway through, need to meet with officiant)
- Buy fabric for fenceposts
- Buy photobooth backdrop
- Make DJ playlist, give him CD
- Buy 8-10 mason jars, make hanging mason jars with raffia
- Buy hanging votives
- Figure out guest book- buy book with our engagement photos
- DIY Out of Town bags – figure out, purchase, assemble
- DIY Ceremony programs: design, purchase materials, assemble
- Buy wedding sign(s) from Etsy
- Send envelopes and reception signs to calligrapher
- Purchase fascinator
- Bow tie collar for the dog
- Dress fitting appointments
- Buy goodies for bathroom basket
Many, many more things!
Post # 7
My list looks alot like LittlesBirds – just the details left, but there are alot of them!!
We’re getting so close!!
Post # 8
@Littlest birds- that’s a great list! Thanks! It is also a little overwhelming! Ack! I still have so much to do! Okay, one day at a time, right??
Post # 9
hmmm let’s see
purchase daughter’s dress
purchase daughter’s wagon (she’s getting pulled down the aisle by her older brother)
pay deposits for cake, florists, photographer and bartendar
save up for second deposit for venue
purchase containers for candy buffet, napkins and more centerpieces (not neccessary)
make sure bms order their dresses before this month is out
look for fi’s ring
write program for ceremony
the rest is one his to do list
hmmmmm….not toooooo bad