Post # 1
I feel like this week is a big one for checking off things from my list…
Tomorrow I am putting the deposit on the flowers.
We have our Pre-Cana (marriage prep course) Friday evening and Saturday.
I think I have made decisions about accessories.
Fiance is going to get my wedding band paid for and pick it up.
We are looking into getting on each other’s insurance plans.
FI’s house may be sold, we find out on Friday if the conditions were met.
RSVPs are trickling in!
We are pretty close to booking our hotel for the honeymoon.
I am feeling more stress right now than I have had so far. Fiance wants to help, but really doesn’t know where to begin. How does your Fiance do with wedding planning help?
Post # 3
Honestly, too long for me to want to look at or think about… and I am worried! Your wedding is the day before mine and I haven’t gotten a single RSVP back. Just undeliverable invites for one reason or another…
Post # 4
Hm let’s see:
–Bought the flower for my hair at Target yesterday
–Will buy gifts for BMs next week
–Talking with mom what favors she feels are “acceptable”
–Trying to get BMs and GMs to buy their dresses/suits… ugh
–Dress comes in VERY soon, so need to book fitting soon
–Made hair appointment day before wedding this morning
–Move in to our new apartment this weekend!!! Woo!
Post # 5
@kperry3 – girl, i hear you about trying to get everyone to buy their outfits. why is this turning out to be harder than i thought it would be!?
– book my hair/makeup artist by fri.
– wait to hear from other florists since my preferred florist asked if we can wait till after mothers day to continue consulting
– freak out that i still dont have a florist with just under two months to go!
– get my EMERGENCY baptism on friday at my home parish which is four hours away! long story short, the church that my parents baptized me at in my birth country isnt recognized by the catholic church and yes, i am just finding this out after ALL this time (almost 26 yrs) living as a “catholic” which was never “legit” because my baptism wasn’t. we’re having a destination wedding at the new diocese said unless i was baptized for real, our wedding would be a “mixed-religion” ceremony not legally recognized by the church. so my home priest thought it was ridiculous and is squeezing me in ASAP for an emergency baptism!!!
– ring shop
– mail out dresses i bought for my flower girl
Post # 6
My to do list for the week:
– find shoes (first fitting is next Thursday!)
– work on music selections
– look for some accessories
– first pre-martial counseling course
– select engagement pics photographer
Post # 7
My biggest to do this week is to finish and mail all of our invites! They should be all ready by tomorrow to mail out!!!! YAY!!!!!! Other than that, I need to get everything ready for our polaroid photobooth: buy chalkboard, guestbook photo album, fabric for backdrop and all the film!
Post # 8
I am so unmotivated this week–it may be nothing (gasp!).
Post # 9
Hmmm…this week my to-do’s are:
– Send out invites (once we receive them)
– Purchase my shoes, jewelry, and sash
– Purchase men’s ties and girl’s jewelry
– Find someone to play acoustic guitar during our ceremony (this has been the most difficult thing so far!!)
– Confirm honeymoon (in FI’s grandmother’s hands)
– Start DIYing ceremony and reception decor…yikes!
– Get marriage license
– Attend our first pre-marriage counseling course
So much to-do!! I’ve been pretty laid-back so far, but I am starting to feel like a crazy person with everything that needs to be done pronto.
Post # 10
This week I am:
– Finally getting my invites printed so I can begin assembling and get them in the mail
– Confirming a date to meet with the priest for our final counseling session
– Cutting fabric to begin sewing bunting
– Cutting fabric to cover jam jar favors
I am super excited to get my invites in the mail so I can start getting back RSVPs!
Post # 11
This week is sooo busy cause i’m starting a new job. but trying to do a few wedding things:
– confirm wedding guest list with MIL
– make shower guest list for Maid/Matron of Honor
– make appointment with priest
– rent apartment aka future love nest
– and second dress fitting is tonight!
… that actually feels like a lot…
and non wedding related… need to plan mothers day!
Post # 12
@mmauricio: Yea, it’s becoming quite annoying. I gave an extra two months for two BMs who had babies in December. But it’s time to go ahead and buy the dresses… they still have not. As for GMs, I’m sure they’ll wait until the very last day (May 31st) to buy their suits. Only one has even responded so far.
Post # 13
@Mrs Hedgehog: Date twin!! =) Oh my, you havent gotten rsvps back? I must be REALLY behind.. I havent even SENT the invitations yet!!! AAHHH!
I need to.. pick up wedding ring, finish fixing my messed up rsvps so I can send them out, order accessories, remind dad to get tux fitting, and figure out dates for a shower, fix some of the beading on my dress.
Post # 14
-Finally make a decision on shoes (thank you Endless.com for free overnight shipping!)
-Premarital Counseling session (3 of 6)
-Finish at least 2 more hair accessories for the BMs
-Finish the DIY table numbers
and oh yeah…
Post # 15
I’ve been pretty productive the last few weeks, so not much on the list for this week thankfully! I have to finalize the alcohol order with our wholesaler and finish up my programs and table numbers. Nothing too bad. Getting the marriage license next week though, that ought to definitely put some pressure on me!
Post # 16
@ItsPronounced_ABear: I’m still looking for shoes! Which one did you get?