(Closed) June 1, 2013

posted 8 years ago in June 2013
Post # 32
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@notbridey:  Thats great advice 🙂 I have been trying to do that as well! Just thinking about laying on the beach as a married couple the day after the wedding … instread of worrying about family drama!

Post # 33
989 posts
Busy bee

I want to know this. What are some of the original and awesome ideas going on at your wedding? A friend of ours had a shotski (shot glasses on a ski so that 4 people took a shot at once)

We have a few things.

I made my dad cuff links from a large rock in our yard. When I was little he used to hold me on this bolder and we would overlook the pond. I used to ask if he would always do that, even at my wedding. Well contrary to my 5 year old self I am not climbing up that thing in white. The cufflinks are awesome and they made him cry lol.

On the same terms the father daughter song is special to us. My Fiance is and knows several local musicians so he and one of his buddie re- recorded Its a Wonderful World for us. My dad always heard Its a wonderful Girl (starting to question his hearing…) so they changed that lyric and my Dad has no idea. I know that too will make him cry.

Speaking of music as I said Fiance is a local musician so for the first hour or so we are playing all local bands, many of which he is in. I am so excited for friends and family to get to hear this!

So what about you ladies? what will you be doing that is special to you?

Post # 34
287 posts
Helper bee

Less than 2 week to go now! So many emotions swirling around but lucky I’m too dang busy to have a breakdown – lol!

The special touches that I am most excited about are:

#1 – Our very personalized and unique ceremony and vows – we built the ceremony ourselves and even our officiant laughed and said she didn’t know if she would be able to get through it without crying, it’s so touching. 

#2 – The music – I’m having friends perform as well as I run in a very artsy crowd – lots of theatre geeks and musicians on hand. I will be sung down the aisle by a very good friend of mine and her amazingly talented boyfriend on acoustic guitar. My male BFF is going to sing our first dance so I’m psyched about that as well. I also hand picked all the music for cocktail hour and dinner time and I’m excited to hear my handiwork!

#3 – Getting to dedicate my bouquet instead of tossing it – it will go to my grandparents who have been married for 59 years.

#4 – Our pulled pork/beef/chicken sliders that will be brought out for a midnight snack.

I’m not doing anything overly original but every bit of our wedding was hand picked by me and I’m just so excited to see it all come together. And to go home at the end of the night as a Mrs…that will probably be my favourite part!

The topic ‘June 1, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors