(Closed) June 10th 2011, Friday night wedding

posted 7 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
1036 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We aren’t date twins, but that is my birthday! Laughing

I think that Friday night weddings are awesome, we would have done it, but our venue was actually less expensive on a Sunday evening…so we are doing Sunday.  I think you see more and more non-Saturday weddings anymore, since couples are paying for a lot of their celebrations themselves.

Post # 4
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Yeah, I am also a Sunday bride. We were tempted to do Friday but our venue was already booked since it is a huge holiday here. I’m sorry you haven’t found your date twin yet. I was sad the first time I found a date twin, I wanted it to be all MY DAY and didn’t want to share. lol.

Post # 5
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Well, my wedding is on the 11th – but since we’re ahead in our Aussie time zone, we’ll be married at practically the same time! 😉

Post # 6
162 posts
Blushing bee

Yeah, I am also a Sunday bride. We were tempted to do Friday but our venue was already booked since it is a huge holiday here. I’m sorry you haven’t found your date twin yet. I was sad the first time I found a date twin, I wanted it to be all MY DAY and didn’t want to share. lol.

Post # 7
67 posts
Worker bee

We’re not date twins, but we’re Friday month twins! I’m getting married June 17th. Fiance has a HUGE family and it was just more economical for us to have the wedding on Friday. It was the best way for us to have the wedding we want while including our entire families.

Post # 8
392 posts
Helper bee

We are date twins!!  It is my grandparents 50th anniversary!

I am having a 4pm ceremony what time is yours?

Post # 10
392 posts
Helper bee

We invited 244 guests and were hoping that we’d have around 150 given that it was a friday ceremony and etc, but we have only had 1 (no) so far, so I really don’t know.  Over 200 would really be cramping our venue but we haven’t had very many people who had guests respond yet.

We are having everything at the same place too.  We have to be shut down by 10:30 so 4 was the latest I felt we could go. 🙂

How many guests are you having?  When did your caterer request a headcount by?  Ours said May 15, so we have a return date of May 1 on our cards and then we will be calling.

Post # 12
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Mine is on a sunday for better deals!

Post # 14
3620 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’m not a date twin with you but I AM going to a wedding on that day! One of my friends is getting married on 6/10/11!

Post # 15
254 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I’m a guest at a wedding that day too!

Post # 16
359 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

We are having a Friday wedding- 11/11/11… 🙂 and it is going to rock! So will yours!

The topic ‘June 10th 2011, Friday night wedding’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors