(Closed) June 11, 2011

posted 9 years ago in June 2011
Post # 4
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hi there,

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one with a long engagement. We are getting married June 3, 2011. We planned a long engagement so that we could properly save for this expensive event!  I come from a very large family and we expect to have a guest list of close to 300! We’ve already booked the venue, and I’m doing a lot of leg work now as far as planning goes, hoping to ease the stress as we get closer to the big day!

My biggest dilemma right now is choosing a color scheme. I’m not looking for anything bold. I would like something champagne and pink but need a color to make it “pop”

Congrats on picking out your dress!!! What a feat so early on lol!

Post # 6
323 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We have the same date!

So excited!

Post # 7
928 posts
Busy bee

Does anyone else love how the date sounds? I didn’t pick it because of that but after I was just thinking about it and I think it just sounds good.

Our guest list is abot 200 or so and mostly out of town because my Fiance ‘s family is from Chatt and our friends are scattered (military and college).I’ve got our venues booked (Peachtree Christian and the Biltmore), our florist and idea for flowers/decor (Floral Matters), the caterer (Bold American), my dress (Lazaro from Bridals by Lori) and other things decided like our colors (chocolate brown, dusty rosy soft pink with ivory and gold accents), the bridesmaid dresses picked out (chocolate brown by Lazaro) and I’m looking at photographers, videographers, invitations, and booking our hotels and thinking about honeymoon. Ha the funny thing is, I’ve had most of this either decided or done for months!

We didn’t plan on having a 2 year engagement but with my Fiance deployed and finishing up school (6 year plan), we decided to push it out instead of rush it. I was waaaaay too excited to wait to plan so I got my planner and went to work discussing and figuring out my vision and what we wanted.

To asun, yellow and green sounds SOOO pretty, very spring!! And to asun and Betz, I’m so glad I’m not the only one, too, with a really long engagement!! Have you had problems with people wondering why you’re waiting so long or thinking you’re crazy for planning so early?

Good luck with planning ladies, it’s getting so close. I think it sounds so cool to be able to say that we’re getting married next year! YAY!!

Post # 8
175 posts
Blushing bee

Our date is June 11, 2011!  We’ve been engaged since Nov 2009, and a couple since Dec 2005.  My Fiance is currently deployed so that is why our engagement is a tad bit long.  But…at least we get all the time in the world to plan, book and scope out sales! 

Any how, I agree with mrsmurraytobe about the fact that the date just sounds good!  I didn’t pick it just for the 11/11 motif either.  It works because I am a teacher, most of my family and friends are teachers and we’ll all be off for the summer by then.  When I started saying it outloud to family and vendors I realized how well it flowed.  I was even thinking about planning our last dance at exactly 11:11 pm.  It would be cute because both my Fiance and I are superstitious about making a wish on 11:11. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
3 posts
Wannabee

June 11th, 2011 is my wedding date as well! We got engaged on November 25th of 2009. My fiance is in medical school so it’s taking us a little longer to save for our wedding so we decided waiting over a year would be our best option. We were deciding between June 11th or the 25th because the 11th is our original anniversary (11/11/07) of when we started dating! The 25th was the day he proposed. We went with the 11th because he will be starting his rotations shortly there after.

We already have our reception/ my dress/ our colors are Peacock Blue and Green, alot of our reception decorations and our photographer!

Better not to stress myself out in the end i guess!

Best of luck to all the June 11th, 2011 Brides!

Post # 10
3601 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 1992

I’m not a June 11 bride, but June 10 totally counts, right?

I’m waiting on the linens and food (buying). I’ve got lots done already, I’m actually pretty well past the concept stage. 

Waiting on the wedding has a few reasons. Money. The fact that 2010 is going to be a crazy busy summer. Money. You get the idea.  So excited to hear about all the plans other ladies have going.

Post # 11
175 posts
Blushing bee

It’s good to hear I’m not the only one with booked vendors, bought items, etc. (past the concept stage)!  Some people look at me like I’m crazy when I tell them both reception and ceremony are already booked for my June 2011 wedding.

Post # 12
190 posts
Blushing bee

I’m soooooo glad to see that I am not the only one with such a long engagement!! I got engaged 12/17/09, getting married 06/10/11. We decided to wait because my Fiance is a teacher and proposed over Christmas break so we thought this summer would be too soon, so we planned on next summer. We dated for six years before we got engaged so another reason we decided to wait was so I could have the wedding I have always dreamed of, and having 18mo engagement financially is really helping us.

To be honest, sometimes I wish I would have just done it this summer because I just want to be married already! I love the planning process, but I think I would be able to make decisions a lot faster if I was in a time crunch. And I just want to be an official bride already! But I dont want to complain I know the wait will be completely worth it ๐Ÿ™‚

I have chosen the wedding and reception site and booked it. The reception site is kinda all inclusive, so I have already chosen the menu, linens, cake, etc. I recently booked the photographer and have moved on to looking at DJ’s. And I basically have a florist picked out however I am waiting a few months to book just due to financial reasons. And I just found my dress!!

I’m glad to hear all you girls planning is going good. I cant wait to be a June Bride!!

Post # 13
11 posts
Newbee

I’m a June 11, 2011 too!! My Fiance proposed on Dec 5, 2009, we’ve been together since Oct 11, 2007. The 11th was just a good date for us, seeing as that’s the date we started going out! And yes, I just like the way it sounds 11/11!!! My other reason for choosing June of next year is that I really wanted a June wedding and 6 months did not feel like enough time to plan.

So far, I have the hall booked for the reception, the caterer & photographer are booked, and I have my dress!!! I know my colors, where we are having the ceremony (my parents back yard), who the flower girl & ring bearer are….annnnd a few other things are floating around in my brain! lol.

Only thing I don’t really know is bridesmaids…..oh well…soon enough!

Post # 14
39 posts
Newbee

Another 6/11/11 bride here! I just got engaged April 10, 2010 were waiting all the way till next saummer because im starting medical school and the the only time ill have off is next summer, plus the longer engagement helps with being able to plan during school and from a distance. Ive got pretty concrete ideas on everything, booked a venue, have a wedding party and catering picked (but not booked) We’re doing yellow and black/ sunflowers outdoor wedding.  my next feat right now is really getting a photographer booked but this is one of the most importnat things to me and im on a strict budget so its taking a while ๐Ÿ™  but im glad to see some other people have lots of stuff done so far out, some of my friends who are married are surprised at having a venue and some other things done when the wedding is so far away!

Post # 15
2 posts
Wannabee

Yay! This makes me so excited! We got engaged on Sept. 7, 2009 and decided to get married 6/11/11 so that we had enough time to save up for the kind of wedding we (I) dreamed of and also hopefully buy a house around the same time. 

I have picked out my dress, ceremony and reception sites, and photographer. I’m also pretty certain about bridesmaids dresses. I totally get what you mean about people looking at you like you’re crazy that you have so much planned already ๐Ÿ™‚ We are excited, ok? Haha.

PS. girls we are almost into the 300’s in the countdown! When I got engaged 6/11/11 was 600-some days away ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 16
175 posts
Blushing bee

2 more days and we are in the 300s!!

The topic ‘June 11, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors