(Closed) June 12, 2010 Invitations

posted 11 years ago in June 2010
Post # 17
1184 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I still haven’t even bought or made my invitations! Omg! Time is running out!!! 

Post # 18
67 posts
Worker bee

@CaMoFoJo-Bro 2 months?! Wow that’s early. Maybe you can pass the note along to family members that they need to book early. Do you have a wedding website to post all the info. That might be the easiest way to let them know all the details. Then maybe you can send invites out 10-12 weeks in advance? I think they will understand why you sent them so early once they see the cut off date.

I read on The Knot checklist that it calls for invites to be sent out almost 3 months before the wedding. Does anyone have info on whether that is the correct etiquette with out of town guests?

Post # 19
573 posts
Busy bee

I’m a June 26 bride…but thought I’d put my two cents in!

I am sending out invites about 2 months in advance…and our RSVP deadline is May 28…I figure some people will send them in late, and it still gives me time to call people who haven’t met the deadline w/out feeling I have to rush.

As for accomodations…we included our website on our STD’s (which we sent out in November) and that got a buzz going.  I’ve inlcuded a very detailed description of our accomodations (we have blocks at two different hotels) and our personal website to book rooms on.  One of our blocks was booked up in January!!  Since then Fiance has sent out an email to GMs to discuss accomodations for the night before and that basically got all of them and his friends talking, so a bunch have already booked!  I’d leave it to word of mouth as opposed to having RSVPs 2-months early!

@futuremrsgibbs…we haven’t gotten our engagement pics yet, either!  But…then again we aren’t really planning on using them for anything — we might display some at the reception.

The topic ‘June 12, 2010 Invitations’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors