Post # 17
We have a lot of things done! Well, more like I do!!
- Venue booked with deposit
- have save the dates
- dj, cake, limo part of our wedding package, just have to pick who
- justice of the peace chosen
- Have photographer
- Have florist
- Bought cake cutting set, toasting flutes, cake topper, and part of bridesmaids gifts
- Going to disney for honeymoon, just need wait to be able to book it because we are too early!
- Having designs of what I want for wedding dress
- Color Scheme: blue and white
- Chose our wedding song
- Bridal party chosen, i talked to all the girls, he has only talked to best man. have to see the other guys to ask them
Post # 18
i feel like we have so much done but at the same time i still am overwhelmed with details!
– Photographer booked
– Videographer Booked
– Band booked
– Florist Booked
– Wedding dress bought (well ordered 😉 )
– Rough guest list drafted out
– wedding party is pretty much chosen but i’m working on a cute way of asking my girls to be my bm’s
– engagement party in a few weeks is ready to go
– started looking at bands (rings)
– i’ve got a makeup artist on hold until i have a consultation with her which reminds me i should do that sooner than later
i’m having such a hard time picking colors. i think that’s my biggest challenge 🙁
Post # 19
– Venue booked
– Photographer booked/e-session pics scheduled for April
– Florist booked
– Officiants booked, met with our deacon already, will meet with rabbi in June
– Close to hiring a band
– STDs chosen but not yet bought/printed since we won’t send for a few months
– E party planning started
– Sending cards to ask the BM’s this week, groomsmen all settled
– color scheme settled
– heavy into the dress shopping, 2 strong contenders but not planning to make a decision until a year out
I also keep obsessing about invitations, so I have an idea of what I want them to look like and I think I know the stationer I’ll go with. I’m loving the planning so far!
Post # 20
@keepsmiling19: Im june 23rd too!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
Post # 21
– Found our reception venue (cant book until june)
– Booked DJ
– Met with several caterers and bakers (still deciding)
– Picked Colors, Guests and Wedding Party!
– Bought a TON of wedding planning material , although I seem to online use the internet!
– Found my florist, not booked yet
– Picked rehersal dinner site
I feel like Ive done a ton of research but hoping to have the main things booked and deposits made by june!
Oh we have however picked our honeymoon! Most important thing..right?? We are going to a Sandals resort in Jamacia.. I HIGHLY suggest it! Out of everything we looked at…it was pricey but includes EVERYTHING!!
Post # 22
Decided on the bridal party and asked everyone officially
We have our ceremony/ reception venue!
We Have our photographer
We have our dj
I’m very close to having thee dress!
I have my wedding jewelry (a gift I just got this week)!
Decided to not use flowers so we got to cross off florists
Decided on a cupcake cake and are stalking local bakeries
Decided to be our own caterers
Created a guestlist
Bought all the stuff for DIY invitations
Started making my own DIY ring pillow for my son
Decided for sure on colors and theme… midsummer nights dream/ forest theme with greens and brown!
Looked at wedding bands (have a good idea of our picks)
My grandmother actually already booked my hair/makeup/nails hehe
…and next were looking for an officiant!
Post # 23
– Selected our venue and had them hold the date for us. We go to view it next month
– Chosen our wedding party
– Sent out engagement party invitations – May 7th!
– Am going to look at dresses tomorrow
– Chosen our colour scheme (which will likely change a dozen times LOL)
– Purchased the real touch hydrangeas for my bouquet
– Decided where we want to have our photography done and then found out that it is right across the street from our venue which is so cool and therefore simply *must* be meant to be
– Gotten rates for hair and make up for myself and my girls
– Chosen our guest list
– Decided on a theme for the wedding
Post # 24
@soon2bemrsL: Yay, date twin! 🙂 You guys have a good amount of things accomplished! I am looking forward to booking more things. We really wanted to make sure we had our reception venue and photographer. I then promised my Fiance that we could take a break on things until the summer. With him living out of town right now, it makes things a bit more difficult.
Post # 26
I forgot to add that I have my wedding band as well. Found it for $50.00 in a hock shop. It has real diamonds across the top, white gold and fits perfectly with my ring 🙂 Oh, and yes, I confirmed that the diamonds are real.
Post # 27
@Ms_Smitten: That is awesome. hock shop finds are always good. We bought FI’s band last week on liquidation, which was awesome. Now we just have to find a band for myself, I am so going to check out some hock shops.
p.s: I haven’t heard that term since I left Sudbury. 🙂 makes my happy.
Post # 28
Holy crap you guys have a lot more done than me!! I better get going!
Post # 29
June 9, 2012!!
A lot of ya’ll are on top of things- awesome!!
We (mainly me lol) have a few things done:
- Booked ceremony/reception venue (did this in March… we took the 1st Saturday in June that was available & the prices went up last month- so we did it at the perfect time!)
- Wedding colors chosen: Black & White with pops of pink
- Bridal party in mind: NOT SURE WHEN TO ASK THEM… ANY ADVICE?!
- Rough draft of guest list
- Designed invitations… will probably be edited a million times before the time comes to actually get them printed!
- Photographer chosen: She did our proposal pictures & we love her; just need to sign a contract 🙂
- Narrowed it down to 2 wedding planners/coordinators: Want to have one chosen around the 1 year mark!
- Dreaming about all the dress possibilities: Probably going dress shopping in September (if I can wait that long!)
Post # 30
June 22, 2012!!!
We have our ceremony/venue booked
Decided on our wedding colors
Asked our bridal party
Booked our photographer
Ordered my dress!!!!!!!!!
Picking between djs- hope to have this taken care of in the next few weeks
Cardstock picked for invtes (diy)
Just made a million florist app so hope to have that booked by the 1yr mark! Thats when I plan on starting all the diy projects!!! So excited!!
Post # 31
I’m also planning for June 2012, and we’re just working on booking our venue now – I thought we had plenty of time, but the place is almost booked solid next spring! It’s a rude awakening. But maybe some of the other details can wait a bit…I’d love to draw out the process and enjoy all of it. What does everyone think the next most important thing would be? Booking a photog, maybe?