Post # 32
Wow, June 23 here…I feel really behind you guys! So far I have:
*booked a venue
*found THE dress, but haven’t bought it yet
*interviewed one photog, but plan on talking to another
*started the ball rolling with the Church
*asked my sisters to be my bridesmaids
*ummmm, that’s pretty much it!
It IS fun though, isn’t it!
Post # 33
@Miss Books: I would say the photographer would be important. Also, if you haven’t found a dress, I’d start looking. The place where I’m getting my dress said you should order it 8 months in advance to allow time for it to come in and for fittings.
Post # 34
We’re date twins! 🙂
So far I’ve:
– Booked the Venue
– Booked the photographer and videographer
– Booked the limos
– Bought the dress
– Booked the Florist
– Booked the DJ
– Shopped for wedding bands
– Interviewed the makeup artists
– Shopped for bridesmaid dresses
– Now I’m looking at honeymoon destinations, favors, save the dates and invitations.
Good luck with all the planning. Yes it is very stressful but so much fun!
Post # 35
@MissJitterbug: Woo hoo another June 30 bride! This thread was getting taken over by the June 22/23 bees. 😉
Since my last post we’ve booked our officiant and videog. Yay! Next up is the cake and florist. And I’ve finally started wedding dress shopping. Yippee…. Can’t believe how close we’re getting to the 1 year mark!
Post # 36
ordered my dress
decided on the wedding party
decided theme for wedding
decided colors for wedding
have a venue on hold for my date, go to see it next weekend
decided on a caterer, just have to put down deposit
working on guest list
narrowed down to 3 photographers.
Thats it so far! So much more work to do! Happy Planning everyone!!
Post # 37
Hey gals June 9th here! Here’s what we’ve done:
*Booked Reception Venue
*Choosen centerpieces/linens/colors and had that pricing added to budget
*Ordered my dress
*Started researching photographers and florists. I know who’s making my cake but don’t know how I want to to look yet.
*Basic pricing on favor possibilities not sure what i’m going to do yet
*Printed off instructions for possible DIY projects I’d like to take on during the next year. Maybe take one project a month and just start buying the materials to spread out the costs a bit.
*Currently researching bands in the area i’m not a big fan of DJ’s.
I plan on starting trying on bridesmaid dresses in July since that will be when they are all in town. I think i’m trying to do too much too soon though lol
Post # 38
@UpstateNYPrincessBride: I feel like I am a bit behind!!!
I have booked the venue, chosen color scheme and theme……………………………. I asked my sis to be Maid/Matron of Honor……………..I got a ways to go……..lol
Post # 39
We got engaged in July 2010, so I’ve done a lot…
– booked venue (ceremony and reception)
– booked photographer for engagement session, bridals, and day-of
– booked caterer/day-of coordinator and created menu
– asked wedding party
– ordered my dress and found jewelry on Etsy
– working on guest list
– ordered bridal cake
– interviewed florist, wanting to book but waiting on $$$ to come in
– found 10,000 diy projects I want to do and 20,000 wedding blogs to follow
– talked to band and officiant (friendors)
– attended 1 bridal extravaganza
– won a free engagement session and a diy book
– looking for rehearsal dinner place, Sunday brunch place, and guest hotels in small town
Post # 40
I thought I’d already checked in but seems I was mistaken…
3/6/12 – almost down to one year eek!
– cake decided and deposit paid (fmil insisted she got this one)
– colours and theme picked
– church picked and deposit paid
– reception venue picked and deposit paid
– photographer picked and deposit paid
– bridal party picked and “will you be my bm/gm gifts” ready to go
– suits and bm dresses will be made in Bali in July on our trip
– gm cufflinks, ties, and pocket squares purchased
– invite supplies have arrived and design chosen
– STDs ready to go out Friday
– looked at a few djs/acoustic musicians
– thinking about hiring Audis instead of a limo ($250 for 2 vs. $700 for one!)
– bm jewelry made and MOB & Future Mother-In-Law getting same instead of corsages
STILL TO DECIDE:
– shoes (made for me in Bali?)
– my dress (expo next weekend)
Post # 41
With 10 months to go there is still alot to do and yeh its getting real. We have:
- Set the date
- Done a rough guest list
- Chosen our wedding party
- Had our engagement party
- Booked the church and decided on the music for the ceremony
- Booked our celebrant
- Booked the reception venue
- Booked the limo
- Booked my and the BM’s hair and makeup stylist (Still to decide on styles and makeup choices)
- Booked the DJ (Still need to decide on our music)
- Booked the photographer and videographer (Still need to chose photo locations and details we want captured)
- Booked our floirst (still need to decide to which flowers)
- Chosen and ordered my dress (Due in March)
- Chosen and ordering the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses this week
- Booked the tiffany chairs
- Booked a day of wedding planner
- Currently orgainsing the lighting for the reception
- Currently deciding on centrepieces and decorations
- Started to look at invite designs
- Start our pre-marital classes this month
The list is never ending and still so much to do!! YIKES.
Post # 42
I am June 30th 2012 as well! I started planning right away! I got engaged last July 8th.
My Martha Stewart-esque aunt volunteered to make our cake, I have my dress and veil, picked out Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses, got venues, a photographer and tentative DJ, colour scheme, working on the favours.
Post # 43
I’m a July 1 bride… do I count?!
So far, we have…
- chosen a color scheme
- contacted the church & met with the priest for our FOCCUS questionnaire
- booked our venue and had a tasting
- booked our DJ
- booked our photographer and videographer
- took engagement photos
- compiled a guest list & gathered addresses
- sent STDs
- chose & ordered samples of our invitations (haven’t placed full order yet)
- purchased my gown & shoes
- purchased my mom’s gown
- reserved our hotel block
- chosen & asked our wedding party
I think that’s it… we’re currently working on getting meetings set up with florists to start looking at things and figuring out what we’ll actually be able to afford and book our limos.
Post # 44
-Making paper flowers (it may take me the rest of the nine months!)
-Kind of picked save-the-dates
-Breakfast date to finalize guest list in the morning!
-Found my dress, looking for one used!
Post # 45
We are doing a small wedding with a restuarant reception so don’t have as many things to do as most.
- booked the ceremony location
- bought my dress and veil
- have decided on my jewelry but haven’t purchased it yet.
- engagement photos done
- my rings purchased, Fiance should have his by november.
- working on finding an officiant (but no ones calling us back… weird!)
- scheduleing a first meet with the photographer
- working on making save the dates to be sent in december
- Fiance will be trying on suits in november so we can decide on a color theme.
Everything else can be done in the new year.
Post # 46
UPDATED LIST 🙂 of the things I have done
- Venue booked with deposit
- sent save the dates
- DJ chosen
- Cake design chosen
- Centerpieces Picked
- Limo booked
- justice of the peace chosen
- Have photographer
- Have florist
- Bought cake cutting set, toasting flutes, cake topper, and part of bridesmaids gifts
- Booked honeymoon in Disney
- Color Scheme: blue and white
- Chose our wedding song
- Ceremony Music chosen
- Wedding Website Done
- Know where we will register when the time comes
- Bridal Party chosen and talked to
- Dress and veil purchased
- Bridesmaids dresses chosen and ordered
- DIY projects purchased, not made yet
- Suits chosen for guys, just have to wait to order
- Meeting later this month to go over details with venue
- Menu chosen
- Flowers for Bouquets and Bouts chosen