(Closed) June 18, 2011

posted 8 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am now a June 18, 2011 bride…atleast I hope this date stays.  I was originally set for May 21st but just found out my fiance’s cousin has the same date.  I believe we picked our’s first but they are expecting and I haven’t made any concrete plans so I made the date change.  It works out better with regard to my son and school also.

I am excited and stresses at the same time.  I have done this before but had alot of help that I won’t have this time around but I am sure all of our guests will have a great time and thats all that matters.

Post # 4
67 posts
Worker bee

June 18th was my first choice but it simply wasn’t going to happen, every venue we looked at was already booked so we decided on the 17th.

June 18th has a lot of positive connotations in my family, so congrats!

Post # 5
1093 posts
Bumble bee

I’m a June 18th bride too!  It’s so exciting to get closer and closer!  We’ve been engaged already for since October, so it seemed like we would never get this close, hehe. Yay everyone! Smile

Post # 6
139 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a June 18th bride as well!  We are quickly approaching the 1 year mark, and I am already so excited!  What have you all done so far?

Post # 7
15 posts
Newbee

June 18th bride 🙂

At least  I really really hope so! We are looking up reception halls right now. So hopefully they are not already taken!

Post # 8
455 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

June 18! woot woot. Everything is set in stone and I’m ready to goooo (in 1 year)!

Post # 9
65 posts
Worker bee

I am June 18th too!  We have been engaged for three years and can’t wait for the day to finally come!  Almost one year away!

Post # 10
1093 posts
Bumble bee

We’ve already booked a site for our ceremony/venue.  We’ve decided on our cake (you can tell it’s important for us, hehe, but it’s mostly because my mom owns a bakery) as well.  This weekend we’re meeting with photographers, and I will hopefully go dress shopping, which I’m totally excited about :-).  It’s so strange to be at the almost 1 year mark… It feels like we’ve been planning this forever!

Post # 11
26 posts
Newbee

another june 18th bride 🙂 hoping time flies!! I have some things started prep wise, but other than knowing we are having ceremony and reception out at FH’s parents, everything else is still in the planning stages. I have found my dress, but am waiting til January to order. That way i have some time to tone up and hopefully lose a few pounds. I hope to be ordering FH’s ring this week!! so i am slowly getting there i guess.

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee

We booked our reception venue, we’re penciled in at the church (won’t take deposit until 1 year out, which is this weekend – AHHHH!!), I have my dress, moms have their dresses, we have selected our bridal party, photographer selected but not yet booked, some items purchased for centerpieces, narrowed down the Bridesmaid or Best Man dress pool, still changing my mind daily about colors…I feel pretty good about everything so far.

Is anyone concerned about guests having Father’s Day commitments?  We checked with our fathers, and neither of them seem to mind sharing the weekend with us.  We’re thinking of doing a reception tribute to dads and possibly doing brunch with dads the next day (if we don’t leave for honeymoon).  I just keep thinking we’ll have a ton of guests that are unable to attend due to weekend plans with Dad.  Thoughts?

Post # 13
46 posts
Newbee

Hey girls! I just moved my date from May 21st to June 18th. Our wedding ceremony will be outside, and I am afraid June will be soooo hotttt. We went to a wedding last weekend and it was miserable how hot it was! We had originally decided to get married at 5, but I am thinking more along the lines of 6:30 or 7:00…the only problem is that this would push our reception back to 8:00-12…which old people wouldn’t last very long and 8 is late for some people to eat…any ideas?! What time do you think is a good time!?

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee

Just booked our ceremony/reception venue for June 18th, 2011 last week!  That’s about all we’ve done so far, but I’ll be dress shopping with mom over the 4th!

Post # 15
26 posts
Newbee

sqwed…That was my same issue with moving our date to June…weird we both moved from May 21st to June 18th…Fortunately, ours will be inside.

Regarding the time schedule, I don’t think pushing your time back only a hour and a half will make much of a difference.  The elder will leave earlier no matter what and if people know the ceremony doesn’t start until 6:30ish, I am sure they will have something light to eat prior to the wedding.

I guess it just boils down to whether or not you want your guests to be hot or hungry 🙂  How long is the ceremony?  I was in a beach wedding on May 1st and it was actually hot that day, luckily the ceremony was not long at all but just make sure your guests are not waiting long for your arrival.

I hope this helps a little.  Good Luck

Post # 16
139 posts
Blushing bee

Any updates for the June 18th brides?

The topic ‘June 18, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors