(Closed) June 18, 2011

posted 10 years ago in June 2011
Post # 32
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@FutureMrsMc:

We booked our venue for 6/18 this July and realized later it was the same weekend as Father’s Day – oops!  Luckily, no one yet has mentioned that this is going to be an issue.  Since we are planning a destination wedding, people might be able to celebrate by making it a vacation.  Plus, we are a little worried about not having enough space if all of the guests that we invite attend, so it might actually work out in our favor in terms of seating issues.

Planning Bio

Post # 33
82 posts
Worker bee

@FutureMrsMc:  Wow, you are ahead of the game!!!

These are the things we have done:  (correction…I have done)
*Booked Church
*Booked Reception Site
*Bought/Ordered Dress
*Ordered Bridesmaid Dresses
*Figured out centerpieces, and have begun to create them
*Figured out favors, and have begun to create their packaging
*Meeting/Deciding on Cake Baker
*Meeting/Deciding on Photographer
*Booked Videographer
*Father is a printer, so I haven’t worried about the invitations yet

Post # 34
5 posts
Newbee

We are having our wedding June 18th but were actually married in the courts Dec 17th 2009. We had to push back the wedding due to an unexpected surgery but we still needed to be married so I could acompany him on his new orders (military).

The wedding is at sunset in Gresham, OR.

Post # 35
296 posts
Helper bee

June 18th Bride here!!! We are having a destination wedding in COLORADO to keep the high temperatures away.

So far I have booked: VENUE, FOOD, HAIR & Makeup, Officiant, & Florist.

I am still searching for the RIGHT photographer, I have recently started my career in photography as wel and it seems alot harder to find what I want represented from our wedding day.

I still don’t have MY DRESS, I have a High Fave if all else fails.

We are planning on booking a 4 wheeling trip to the Continental Divide on Thursday. On Friday we plan to book the MEN’s Fly Fishing Trip and a Ladies shopping day in ASPEN.

I feel like I am missing something though??

Post # 36
1048 posts
Bumble bee

06/18/11 Update:

• Sent the STD’s today!!
  • Booked the photographer
  • My dress arrived early!  Having fun peeking at it often 🙂
  • Hoping to book the DJ very soon!
  • Decided on wedding colors and have a good idea of the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
  • Found the invitation design we love

Post # 37
1048 posts
Bumble bee

Oh yeah, and we set up our registries this weekend!

Post # 38
9 posts
Newbee

Yayyyy! Count me in!

We got engaged June 2010, and just about 7 months to go! We have been dating for over 2 and a half years.

We have booked our photographer, have a venue (for free), have booked the person who is doing our cake, have an officiant, someone to make the invitations, finalized guest list, and I have my dress! 🙂

Sooo exciting!

Post # 39
9 posts
Newbee

Oh and I forgot…

We have our DJ! Food arrangements and picked our colors! Yay!

Post # 40
7 posts
Newbee

I am a June 18, 2011 bride.  We were going to wait to send out our save the dates until the first week of January. Is that too late?

Post # 41
186 posts
Blushing bee

Yay, june 18th! Less than 7 months to go!  When are you ladies ordering bridesmaid dresses?

Post # 42
1048 posts
Bumble bee

December check-in (so far)

• Booked the DJ
  • Had our menu and cake tasting and decided!

Not much else really.  I feel like I’m on a neverending battle to find shoes.  I think the shoes will be harder to find than the dress was…actually, it already is harder!  I’m also going back on my original invitation design and trying to find one I really love.  Ugh.

On the other hand, the big day is just over 6 months away and I can’t wait!

Post # 43
18 posts
Newbee

I hope its not too late oconnorat because I havent even ordered mine yet! I am way behind all of you and it’s more of a $ thing with us. I have ordered my dress. We have the venue. We have our attendants. Decided on thier attire and my hubbys. I am DIYing most of our stuff. I am doing my own flowers. I am picking up reception decorations along the way. I got a lot of lights the day after Christmas for cheap! I need to call the cake maker(she is one of my girls grandmothers) The things I am working on right now are the photographer(one of my other girls is a photog and she is working on finding me one) and DJ. We originally were going to do May 28th but the venue was booked. They had June 18th open and we looked around but couldn’t find anything we liked as much. So we moved it, then realized it was Fathers day weekend. I don’t think it;s going to cause many problems. Yippee! I am sooo excited. A little more than 6 months away!

Post # 44
150 posts
Blushing bee

Hello day twins!! What are your colors? What do your dresses/bmaid dresses look like??

Our colors are plum, soft lime green, and accent colors (blk silver white..)

Yay only 142 days to go! I’m not super on top of stuff but have done:

~church/ reception venues

~photographer, DJ and photobooth (and glo stix ordered:) )

~dress is in- (no need for altering just need to put in a bustle)

~BM dresses

~my shoes

~hair stylist booked

~flowers

~guest list pretty much finalized

~bach party date and plans set

~menu

~cake/ cupcakes will be ordered in April

~need to find cheap invitations!

Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses bouquet look alike my shoes!

Post # 45
1149 posts
Bumble bee

That’s not my wedding day but I’ll be turning 40 that day Surprised  so my birthday wish is for all of our June 18th brides to have a MAGNIFICENT wedding day!!!  <3

The topic ‘June 18, 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors