Post # 3
72 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

I’m June 18th!!

Post # 4
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

June 19th here too!

And this may sound dumb, but what do you mean by the still technically “waiting” part?

Post # 5
66 posts
Worker bee

I’m June 19th πŸ™‚  It seems so far away!  we’re having a destinaiton wedding in mexico, already chose the resort, blocked out the rooms for our guests, bought our plane tickets… all the other details like flowers, choosing the menu, etc. don’t actually happen until we arrive there.  I already bought my dress, so there’s not much to do in terms of planning right now.  so I’m reading wedding blogs all day and living vicariously through the planning of others!

Post # 6
4382 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony - First United Methodist Church; Reception - My parents' house!

For me it seems like it’s about four seconds until June 19th. I wish time would slooowww down so that I could get everything that I need to get done finished.

Maybe that’s because I’m graduating May 2010, still need to do grad school apps, and have a big solo art show at the end of May. I had to choose June, though. :p And the date is one day before my parent’s 40th anniversary.

Post # 7
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony: Catholic Church, Reception: Hotel Ballroom

I, like marylizbeth, am a June 18th bride (pretty close to the 19th, I’d say).  πŸ™‚  I just realized this morning that it’s 10 months away for me today — kind of crazy!  We’ve been engaged since last September, so it’s been awhile.

We’ve got things pretty well set: church reserved (and premarital counseling started), reception started / deposits paid, photographer picked, dress purchased, rings purchased, invites purchased.  We’re working on the DJ and flowers next.  Fiance keeps saying “Well, after this, there’s not much else to do!”  It still seems like there’s so much to do, though!

Post # 8
72 posts
Worker bee

cookie82  I agree! I feel like there is so much to do, but because its still 10 months away my hands are tied. I really wanted to go dress shopping with my Bridesmaid or Best Man but, i feel like it is a little to early. Here’s what we’ve done

church booked ( and pre-cana too)

Reception site book and deposits in

dress bought

rings purchased

engagement photos taken

STD’s designed but not printed

hotel block booked

registery complete for now

We are still in the process of booking a DJ and photographer, but those are our goals for the end of the summer.

Post # 9
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony: Catholic Church, Reception: Hotel Ballroom

marylizbeth — I agree on the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses.  I really want to ge them nailed down, but I’m afraid it’s too far in advance yet and sizes might change, they might change their mind about what they picked, etc. 

I was originally leaning towards saying “just purchase whatever black cocktail-length dress you want!” but now I think I’m going to pick a few dresses or a designer’s collection of dresses (like the Aria collection) and tell them, “ok, pick whichever one you like, but it needs to be in the black shantung fabric.”  That way there’s some continuity (and they still technically get to choose what they want!) and it doesn’t look like I pulled people out of the church pews to make up my wedding party!  πŸ™‚

Post # 10
212 posts
Helper bee

Hey everyone , i’m actually already married , but the REAL  wedding  ( with church/reception and everything ) is June 5 2010..and Can’t wait ..

i have the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses

church

reception

DJ

and actually thats about it ..Were making out STD & Invites  along with favors, We have looked at photo and video .. i feel like I should be doing more ??

Post # 11
4382 posts
Honey bee

brattkatt- you should definitely get all the photography ball, especially for a june wedding. we booked ours a year out, and almost didnt get in. some people were booking them (our labor of love) 2 years out!

but yeah, i’d recommend that. photographers get booked up so fast. :p

Post # 12
2205 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

Just piping into to say have fun and congratulations, date twins! (I got married on June 19th of this year) πŸ™‚

I didn’t get engaged until October and still had plenty of time to get everything together. (ok, maybe I was cutting it a little close) 

Happy planning!

Post # 13
1022 posts
Bumble bee

another June 19, 2010 bride!  Yay! I can’t believe we are down to 10 months (it was 17 when I got engaged!)

We have:

our venue (ceremony & reception held in same place)

Caterer

Officiant

Photographer

Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses

Have started designing my custom dress

Save-The-Date Cards & Invites designed, but not printed

1 out of 2 hotel blocks booked

Wow, when I list it all out like that, I guess I’m doing okay!

Post # 14
4382 posts
Honey bee

300 days left, ladies!

Post # 16
4382 posts
Honey bee

Woahdang, I feel pretty behind! lol

The topic ‘June 19, 2010!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors