Post # 17
June is getting so close!!
Here’s a few things I have left to do:
- Get Bands Engraved
- Wait for RSVPS (got 63 yes’s already, waiting on about 60 more!)
- Meet with DJ & Photographer
- Print my programs
- Photo Shoot
- Get wedding party gifts
- Finish our slideshow
- Hair/ Make-up Trial
- Make seating & place cards
- ATTEND MY BRIDAL PARTY & BACH. PARTY!!
That’s just about it, hopefully!!
Post # 18
Here is what I have left to do, that I can think of right now.
- Get marriage license
- Finish dance lessons (and practice!)
- Confirm style of tuxes/ties with Fiance
- Send out invitations (finishing putting them together, to be sent this Saturday!)
- Meet with Future Brother-In-Law aka Officiant to discuss ceremony and decide on readings
- Decide and ask people to do readings at ceremony
- Order: Programs, wedding card box, hair accessories, guest book, taller vases to give to florist for centerpieces
- Make: Table numbers, menu cards & place cards (cant do til I get RSVP’s back so this probably wont happen until the week or two before)
- Figure out what to get for Groomsmen and Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts
- Get Rehearsal Dinner dress
- Get undergarments for dress
- Go to 2nd dress fitting in 2 weeks 🙂
- Get shoes dyed
- Order wedding favors
- Meet with photographer & DJ to go over details
- Meet with venue for walk through and give timeline & set up info
Post # 19
Ugh, I have a lot left to do as well! I’m planning from cross country and need to stuff everything into one of my last trips.
This is what I have left…from what I remember:
- Still waiting on RSVPS, invites went out 3 weeks ago
- 2nd dress fitting-this weekend
- bracelet and/or necklace
- escort cards
- thank you cards-making them via gocco
- ceremony programs
- Oh yeah, writing the ceremony
- meeting with the DJ, caterer, florist and photogs
- Finding hair/makeup stylist
- assembling the favors (including decorating boxes and dipping the fortune cookies)
- ordering the fortune cookies
- finish making veil
- decide on out of town bags (are we doing them or not?)
- decide on ceremony music
- Guest book?
- Family wedding photos framed
- seating chart
- table numbers
- finalize honeymoon activities (we have the flights and hotels)
I’m sure I’m forgetting other things…June 13 is coming up so fast
Post # 20
- Wedding: June 2009 - Red Fish Grill
Reading these posts reminds me of things I need to add to our own list! (I’m so glad I read this thread!)
I still have to:
- Wait on RSVP’s/mail B-list invites
- Release unbooked hotel rooms (May 11)
- Second dress fitting (May 14)
- Make sure dad finally gets measurements taken
- Pick out ties for Fiance, Future Brother-In-Law, Future Father-In-Law, and my dad
- Find hair/makeup stylist, do trials, etc.
- Finalize playlists for ceremony and reception
- Figure out ceremony details and readings
- Attend final counseling session
- Finish making aisle runner
- Design and print programs
- Add tags to wooden fans
- Finish monogram wreaths (2)
- Find shoes for flower girls (all six of them!)
- Mail ring pillow materials to Future Mother-In-Law for her to sew
- Order the cake (Had the tasting today. Mmm!)
- Design and print menus
- Determine seating assignments
- Make seating cards
- Figure out what to do for guest book
- Print family photos and names for tables
- Bake 120 mini bundt cake favors
- Start our dance lessons
- Give list of must-have shots to photographer
- Cover matchbooks for sparkler send-off
- Out-of-town bags (Something sweet but simple.)
- Figure out everything related to honeymoon :o(
Yikes! I think I may be having my very first wedding related panic attack. Good thing Smarty is willing and able to help knock some of these out. And to think, we’ve already done so much as it is!
June 13th is definitely coming up fast!
Post # 21
Just a few questions/thoughts…
- Is anyone here having an outdoor wedding? With the time frame left, I am stumped as what to do for the aisle- or lack there of. The chairs will be situated in a way that there is an aisle. But I am debating purchasing flower petals & tall glass vases. The tall glass vases, however, I would need to figure out how to arrange anything in them. Any thoughts? Forgo the tall vases and stick to petals?
- For the marriage license. Someone please tell me what the general deal is with them? You can get them in any county- not just the county you are getting married in right? (We are getting married in the same state as the one we are living in, but are getting married in an entirely different area). Is it better to go to the courthouse to get the license in the same area you are getting married in?
- I haven’t figured out the favors. Or created the menu (waiting for the headcount to make sure we don’t need to tweak the menu). It’s the details I am lacking.
I am a graduate student and finals are the second week of June… our wedding is the last weekend of June. -I am starting to think for my sanity’s sake I will just figure out the details now… and then implement them as soon as finals are over. Do you think that is too last minute? Can it be done? (or do you think I am crazy? – I have a very helpful maid of honor & friends who can help me out…)
Thoughts anyone? Do share…
Post # 22
I am having an outdoor wedding. It will be on a deck overlooking the Harbor. I am not doing much in the way of decor for the ceremony – I will have the chairs set up normal theatre style with a center aisle and putting pomdores (sp?) on the end chair of every other aisle. Im not doing a runner but having petals down both sides of the aisle.
For the marriage license, unless you want a PRIVATE license, then you can go to any county courthouse to apply for it. If you want a private license, you have to go the county in which you are getting married. Other than that there is no difference. I am getting married in LA county but will probably be going to Santa Ana (OC county) to get the license because its closer.
As long as you arent leaving EVERYTHING until last minute you will be fine! Just get an idea of what you want, order stuff or create templates, then do it after finals. Im sure your Bridesmaid or Best Man and Maid/Matron of Honor will be happy to help out!