(Closed) June 2010 Brides… Which wedding planning book are you using?

posted 8 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
271 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

I’m just using the Real Simple Wedding magazing…it has tons of great info and pointers…and helps keep me on track month-to-month 😀

Post # 4
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Not a June bride…but I second the love for the Real Simple wedding magazine planner (2009 version is still available from Crate & Barrel for cheap).

Post # 5
5984 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2010

i am using a google spreasheet. does a planning book really help?! should i have one? i never even thought about it…

Post # 7
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

For all of you brides that are on a budget – JC Penny gives you a free planning binder for free.  It has a slot to put a photo of you guys on the front – otherwise it has a pretty picture of a just married carriage being pulled away.

I am using that binder along with all of the lovely bridal magazines and worksheets found online.

Post # 8
137 posts
Blushing bee

I long ago (2007) when I started planning I started out with the Target wedding planner. It is too big and heavy and has a ton of stuff I don’t use so it got religated to the wedding book reference shelf above my desk and I now use a smaller binder that holds all my google docs, excel s and misc printouts. I also have up there that I look at a lot “Wedding Chic” by Nina Willdorf. And since we are self-catering I have “Secrets From a cater’s Kitchen” by Nicole Aloni (this is a great general party planning book to have if you love to throw large parties) and “Do it for less: Weddings’ by Denise Vivaldo up there too.

Post # 9
149 posts
Blushing bee

@daniellealys

I’m all about the google spreadsheet as well…plus Fiance can see it anytime. I personally feel like with all the online resources I don’t really need a book..but that’s just me.

Post # 10
1752 posts
Buzzing bee

I got the knot planner at Joann’s, plus I have looked at every website planner I think there is.

I’m also the bride that has an excel spreadsheet for budget & has a list of “things to buy” in my daily planner at all times! Ha.

Post # 11
950 posts
Busy bee

Another spreadsheet bride here! I find that I don’t really need a planner based on reading a few early in the process (borrowed a few from the library: Anti-Bride wedding planner, The Knot Guide to Real Life weddings, etc.)…the most helpful bits are the timelines (which both WeddingWire & The Knot websites have for free – I like WW better than Knot) & the bits that tell you about the traditions (of which Fiance & I have eliminated almost all of them).  So once you’ve got your checklist of tasks & picked the traditions you actually want to follow, you may not need the planner…especially if you’re a regular on the boards here at WB(I LOVE getting opinions & explanations from real brides rather than wedding industry books that are telling me stuff in part to get my money).

However, a plus for the planners: if you’re not that experienced in weddings (one of the first of your group or generation in family to get married), or haven’t been to many pre-wedding parties (showers, RDs, etc.) or haven’t been in many weddings (as Maid/Matron of Honor, Bridesmaid or Best Man, etc.), these planners are a God-send about the duties of people, when to send stuff out.  But since every wedding is different/unique to the couple (& ours is RATHER unique), so is every bride’s method of prep.

The topic ‘June 2010 Brides… Which wedding planning book are you using?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors