(Closed) June 2010 Catering

posted 9 years ago in June 2010
Post # 3
662 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - The Mountain Terrace, Woodside, CA

We haven’t 100% narrowed down our menu yet, but do have our caterer set (they’re on site). Have you gone to a tasting yet? That was super helpful for us, not only for deciding if we would use the on site caterer, but also to see how they present the food and the overall quality. Based on the tasting, we know for sure we’ll be using them, but don’t have to pick the menu for quite some time. (but the Teriyaki Roasted Salmon with Mango-Papaya Salsa and Roasted Beef Tri Tip with Caramelized Shallots & Red Wine Sauce were super yummy!)

Post # 4
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony: Catholic Church, Reception: Hotel Ballroom

We haven’t completely picked our menu yet, and our tasting is next winter (probably March-ish) but we’ve narrowed down our choices.  Our venue is a hotel, so our catering is going to be done in-house, obviously.  We’re having cheese/veggies/dips for hors d’eouvres, and then for dinner we’re having chicken saltimbocca and a filet in some sort of glaze (everyone is getting both chicken & beef, making it easier on me tracking dinner choices!). 

Post # 5
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

@CaliValley: reading the description of your entree made my mouth water. 

@cookie: we’re also serving chicken and beef to make it easier on the kitchen staff.

Here’s our dilemma:  although our menu isn’t final (we’re having our tasting either in October or March) we paid extra for filet mignon and signed the contract.  Fiance and enjoy filet mignong but we’re a bit concerned about some guests who will not be able to eat it due to the bacon.  Would you change your menu to accomodate those guests?  Our banquet hall said the guests for example could not get two chicken servings instead of having the filet…think this would be a problem?

Post # 6
2344 posts
Buzzing bee

catlady, I think you are fine! Even if they don’t eat the filet because of the bacon (a minority, I would think), they will still have the chicken. I wouldn’t bend over backwards because of that.

We’re having a brunch reception, so our menu probably won’t serve as inspiration, but I’ll share it anyway!

Hor’s D’eourves

– Fruit and Cheese Display, with a variety of cut-up fruits, cheese tortes, baked bries, & crackers

– Mini Cinnamon Buns on Skewers to look like lollipops will also be on this table

– Smoothie Bar, where guests can choose from freshly made Strawberry Lemonade or Blueberry Banana smoothies

Brunch Buffet

– Salad, mixed greens & baby spinach with strawberries, blueberries, feta cheese, crystallized walnuts and a poppyseed dressing

– Creme Brulee French Toast Casserole, served with Maple Syrup

–  Sweet & Savory Chicken Bites, a small piece of chicken seasoned with brown sugar and chili powder & wrapped in bacon

– Hashbrown Casserole

–  Mini Ham & Biscuits

Omelette Stations

– Two stations, each with two servers that each make two omelettes at a time (so eight can be going at once) 

– Guests can choose from an assortment of veggies, two cheeses, and sausage, bacon and ham’

– They can also order scrambled or fried eggs

Post # 7
148 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Ceremony: Catholic Church, Reception: Hotel Ballroom

@ catlady — I agree with danielle, I think you’ll be fine.  If it’s an issue with a lot of your guests, I would maybe see if there is some sort of alternate entree you can sub in for the filet. (other than just another piece of chicken)

@danielle — your brunch sounds awesome!  specifically the mini cinnamon buns & the french toast casserole.  yum!

Post # 8
70 posts
Worker bee

Danielle I’m sooo jealous of your brunch reception!! I really wanted to do this but Fiance said he didn’t want to get up that early in the morning to get ready. mmm ham and hashbrowns…

Post # 9
2344 posts
Buzzing bee

Thanks for the compliments! I’m actually not a morning person at all, so I will have to go to bed at like 6pm the night before to get ready on time for our 10:30am ceremony! But its worth it for our brunch reception… its only $24 a person (not including service) and it really has that informal yet elegant feel that we wanted.

Post # 10
336 posts
Helper bee

We haven’t booked our caterer yet, but we’re haggling prices with two at the moment!

We’re doing a bbq. Think tri-tip, brisket, mac-n-cheese, corn, etc.

Yum!!

Post # 11
1956 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010 - Tannery Pond at the Darrow School

I’m also having trouble booking a caterer.  Everyone I’ve contacted has either been too expensive, doesn’t return my calls or the menu isn’t very inspiring…I’m just going to keep calling and researching until I find the right one, hopefully soon…good luck!

Post # 12
152 posts
Blushing bee

Our reception venue is owned by a catering company, so we’ve had them booked for awhile now.  We had a tasting a couple months ago and decided on our buffet selections. 

For appetizers during the cocktail hour, we’re having fruit & veggies and cheese and crackers.

Then, our buffet will have:

-Honey glazed ham
-grilled Italian marinated chicken breasts
-Italian herb papardelle pasta
-mashed potatoes
-green beans
-Ceasar salad
-dinner rolls

Our tasting was delicious.  I’m determined to have some of everything at our reception!

Post # 13
407 posts
Helper bee

Haven’t nailed down a menu just yet. I’ve only booked the caterer I want and will be meeting with them later on in the year to figure out what our choices are!

The topic ‘June 2010 Catering’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors