(Closed) June 2011 Brides – Share your progress and plan!

posted 8 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
142 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

My wedding plans are going really well. All of the big things are done including having both of our wedding bands.

I do have a wedding planner and I think it is the best decision I ever made! I am a college student graduating in May, so my stress level would be event higher without Allison, wedding planner!

I ordered the dress I will be wearing for my wedding (Yes I have more than one, currently trying to sell) in October. It is supposed to be in in the next 2 weeks. I am so excited. It is Allure 8755!

I will have a real bouquet with roses, calla lilies, spray roses, orchids and feathers. My bridesmaids, however, will be carrying clutches with a flower attached.

Post # 4
Hostess
11110 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

• How is your wedding planning progress? What do you still have to do in the remaining months?

DIY projects. Trying on and choosing men’s outfits. That’s all really, done alot this month ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Do you have a wedding planner?

No, Fiance, my mum, stepdad and I are doing it all.

• When did you order your dress? Has it arrived? What designer/ company?

I ordered mine on Oct 16th. It arrived the 16th Jan and have tried it on and it’s lovely – so much fresher than the sample and ordered shoes and veil. The dress is Benjamin Roberts or it’s called Anjolique in the US.

• What kind of bouquet will you have? Real or silk or other type? What kind of flowers? 

Real red roses and gerberas with some eucalyptus and long stems of grass

Post # 6
91 posts
Worker bee

• How is your wedding planning progress? What do you still have to do in the remaining months?

We have most things done. The major items remaining are to find tuxes and decide on the honeymoon.

No. My mom and I are planning most of it.

I ordered my dress in September and it came in this past week! It’s Maggie Sottero – Leoni.

• What kind of bouquet will you have? Real or silk or other type? What kind of flowers? 

Real flowers, in many different shades of pink and various textures. I don’t remember all the specific flowers I picked out but I’m sure my florist will make it look awesome!

Post # 7
843 posts
Busy bee

For me:

I have all my vendors, just the details now.  Working on the setup for my ice cream bar.  Planning the rehearsal dinner. 

I do, but only a day-of coordinator.

I ordered mine on Oct 3rd and it arrived in early November.  It is La Sposa Fanal.

Real flowers.  I’ll be holding one calla lily like my mom at her wedding.  Trying to decide if I want pure white or the kind with purple in the center.

Post # 8
98 posts
Worker bee

We have all the major vendors in place. We still need to order invites, do our food tasting, hair and make up trial, buy shoes. Various little projects under way: such as make guest book, print programs and favors.

No wedding planner, just me ๐Ÿ™‚

Ordered my dress in July, got here last month. One of Jim Hjelm designers.

I’m definitely doing real flowers, most likely ivory roses and stephanotis.

Post # 9
Bee
6473 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011 - Sydney, Australia

Ooh, I like this!

The planning went well these past few weeks – I ticked off ordering invitations, ordering flowers & the hair/make-up off my list. I still have to find out what we’re doing for wedding cars, organise a few DIY projects & decide on the Honeymoon location. Oh, and find the Mr a ring & an outfit!

Nope, just me.

Mine’s been hanging in my cupboard for the past few months. I actually need to try it on again and look into getting some alterations done.

Natural bouquet made up of in-season wintery blooms (June in Oz = winter) – they’ll be real flowers but all different ones in shades of white and green. Probably roses, freesia & random greenery.

Post # 10
382 posts
Helper bee

I have most of the big things done (church, reception hall, DJ, photographer, florist, cake, limo, dress, bridesmaids’ dresses, tuxes picked, hair stylist/make up booked).

I need to order invitations (picked out already), find a veil, figure out linen rentals (tablecloths & napkins only, no chair covers), take my dress for alterations, finish DIY parts of centerpieces (glitter covered candle holders & ribbon wrapped vases), rings, and a whole bunch of little things such as programs.  We also need to pick our readings, etc. for our Catholic ceremony before our next meeting with the priest (but that’s not until April).  We’re waiting on income tax returns to see what will be possible for a honeymoon, so we’ll see.

Nope.  My  mom & I are doing everything.  Fiance helps here and there (basically I show him three choices, he vetoes one, then I pick. lol).

Yep. =) I ordered it at the end of August & it came in at the end of October! I didn’t expect it until this month.  It’s a Casablanca 1971 in white.

I will have a real bouquet of hot pink & orange roses, white freesia, white lilies, & green hypericum berries.

So far, so good.  I can’t believe it’s only about 4 months away now!  My aunt sent out shower invitations today and the shower is March 13.  The engagement itself came as a shock to me in August (I had no clue it was coming anytime soon since he always said we’re too young & I’m still in law school) so I’m still in shock a little.  I’ll be sitting here planning something and then I just start laughing… like “where did this come from?!”  Never thought I’d be planning a wedding right now. =D

Post # 11
1664 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

How is your wedding planning progress? What do you still have to do in the remaining months?

We booked all of the vendors, except hair and makeup, and registered.  We still need to figure out all of the details (what type and color of flowers, cake design, music, ceremony readings, etc.) 

We still have to get wedding rings, order invitations, order ketubah, and FH has to decide what he and his Groomsmen will wear.  I have to get the shoes, veil, and other accessories.  We also haven’t booked our hotel room or finalized any honeymoon plans.  FH’s family wants to have a rehearsal dinner at their house, but I don’t think they have made any definite plans yet.  We’re also unsure about transportation.  We’re thinking about a shuttle to take out of town guests from the venue to their hotels, but aren’t sure.

Do you have a wedding planner?

Nope, just me and FH.  Future In-Laws will definitely help out if asked.  My mother isn’t involved at all in the planning.  Some people say this is a blessing ๐Ÿ™‚

When did you order your dress? Has it arrived? What designer/ company?

Ordered the dress back in August.  It came in and my first fitting is in March.  It’s Anjolique 2101.  I’m still toying with the idea of getting a simple chiffon dress for the (outdoor) reception.

What kind of bouquet will you have? Real or silk or other type? What kind of flowers?

I still need to figure this out.  I go back and forth between mostly white, to blue/white/yellow, to white/yellow, to a colorful wildflower look.  Wildflowers aren’t in season yet here, but I think my florist could still get that look.  We’ll see!

Post # 12
5095 posts
Bee Keeper

Good! I feel like I’m on track.  This past month we booked our florist, which was the last major vendor. We made an appointment to have our cake tasting next month (drool).  We still have to pick my FI’s ring, get him a suit, select a salon for my hair/makeup, and figure out a lot of the smaller logistical things (sound and lighting for the backyard, for instance).

Nope, although our caterer is in some ways acting like a planner – he’ll be coordinating the setup of all the rentals, for instance.

My dress is being custom designed by a friend.  She sent me the muslin mockup in december; I put some pins in it and sent it back to her. She’s going to make a few adjustments and send it back to me again. At that point, either it will fit well, or I’ll take it to a pro to have it fitted. From there she’ll make the real thing.

Real, white sweet peas. Simple, but (I hope) beautiful.  I’m really excited about it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
81 posts
Worker bee

Its going well. I am still in school so it slows down when I am actually in school. I still have to book a baker, and then a bunch of other things (waiting for invites to be printed, plan ceremony, order my ring, get suits/tuxs, and figure out some details). I used to be so far ahead, but i feel like i am getting behind with the planning.

Nope Just me, I will be having my BM’s mom be the day of coordinator, since i cant be ten places at once.

I ordered my dress in may, got it in september, Sent it back since they didnt make it a custom length, then got it back again in january, it is not the right lenght just needs to be altered in the waist/hips. my dress is Ella 5324 (with out the halter).

Bouquet will be real flowers, I am not picky about the type of flowers, I would love peonies if my florist can get them. I have just specificed for my bouquet to have a light air look to it, to go with my dress, and be white and light pink.

Post # 14
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • It’s going really well I think!! We have the venuefor the ceremony and reception, the officiant, the caterer, the linens, the photographer, the DJ, the dress, the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses have been ordered, Save-The-Date Cards have been sent, Future Brother-In-Law is going to make the cupcakes and has been practicing almost every weekend (YUM!), the veil, most of the jewelry, the honeymoon has been booked and is ready to go..
    I still need to schedule/have my hair/makeup trial but I know who we are going with. We need to pick out suits for Fiance and the groomsmen, I need to get Bridesmaid or Best Man gifts and Groomsmen gifts. We also need to decide on a florist (ugh) but we have met with the contenders. I need to order our invitations and finish up some DIY.

• Nope….I’m doing the majority of it. My sisters (MOHs) have been a lot of help and Fiance is very helpful too. It’s really mostly me though.
  • I ordered it December 27th and it came in last Friday!! It’s from DB.
  • Peach calla lilies!! Real ๐Ÿ™‚
  • Post # 15
    150 posts
    Blushing bee

@EleanorRigby: my mom is not involved either- she is very laid back but I’m ok with just me planning:)

Post # 16
    150 posts
    Blushing bee

• It is going fairly well, I still have a lot to do but have done a lot of the big stuff. Still need: beauty appts, transportation for Wedding Party, have a friend designing invites so I need to get those rolling, decor for reception, DIY enterpieces, ordering the cupcakes in April, have decided what tuxes just haven’t ordered..some more little stuff. Can’t wait till all the planning is done!

• No- just me, my Future Mother-In-Law and BM’s have been helping me too
  • Ordered it Feb last year (before we had a date!) It arrived in May. Maggie Sottero- Brianna
  • something like this: a mix with real flowers

• The topic ‘June 2011 Brides – Share your progress and plan!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors