(Closed) JUNE 2011 Brides–When are you sending out your invitations?

posted 7 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
4137 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

that’s not too late. april 8 is 9 weeks before my wedding, so that’s when they’ll be going out. i’ll send the international invites 2 weeks before that.

Post # 4
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hey date twin…it’s funny I was going to say that’s a little early!  I was going to send mine at the end of April (April 23rd-ish) and have an RSVP date of June 4, but maybe that’s too late.  I always heard 6-8 weeks before the wedding….now I’m thinking I should send sooner!

Post # 5
2907 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@OhBeeHive84:We’re having an RSVP date of May 20th for our July 3 wedding, and they probably will go out May 1 (well, April 30–the post office said to avoid the 1st and 15th because of all the paychecks they take less care with individual letters).

That is definitely not too late for your wedding!

Post # 6
91 posts
Worker bee

My wedding is also June 25th, and my mom wants to send invitations out on May 1st, but I was thinking a few weeks earlier than that.

Post # 7
4 posts
Wannabee

Depending on how long it takes me to address them, ours are going out approx 12-13 weeks before the wedding, with RSVPs due approx 6-7 weeks before the day.

Post # 8
1664 posts
Bumble bee

I hope not.  Our wedding is June 26th and we have a reply date of June 1st.  We’re thinking of sending them out sometime in mid-April.

Post # 9
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

When do you have to give a final guest count to your venue/caterer?  I worked backwords from that date and gave myself an extra week to follow up wth guests who haven’t responded. I think your timeline sounds good!

Post # 10
5096 posts
Bee Keeper

Date twins!  I am probably going to send mine out on April 25, with a reply date of May 25.  That way people have a month to respond and I should know a head count at least three weeks before the wedding (I’m counting on having to track down a few slackers.)

Post # 11
1572 posts
Bumble bee

I don’t think that is too late. Some people send them too early, IMO.

I am sending mine next week! Just because I am visiting home them so it is a conventient time to get everyone’s addresses from my mom.

Post # 12
139 posts
Blushing bee

I was thinking I’d send them out April 15th, which is just about 8 weeks before the wedding.  Is this too late?!  Save the dates went out in January.

Post # 13
566 posts
Busy bee

I was planning on sending them out 8 weeks before the date with an RSVP date of 4 weeks before the date.

Post # 14
138 posts
Blushing bee

I’m sending mine April 1st with a May 15 RSVP. It seems perfect to me!

Post # 15
1641 posts
Bumble bee

My wedding is June 5 and I plan on sending the first week of April.

Post # 16
1093 posts
Bumble bee

I plan on getting them out at the beginning of April assuming that everything is going as planned.  I think 2 months is the typical amount, but I’m giving myself an extra week or so, and I set my RSVP date to May 21, so I can make time for stragglers Smile.  We’re almost there ladies – it’s crazy! 

The topic ‘JUNE 2011 Brides–When are you sending out your invitations?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors