(Closed) June 2011 Brides

posted 11 years ago in June 2011
Post # 33
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Ok, I’m having a little trouble keeping up with everyone!! I’m kinda new and still trying to keep up the pace with all the busy bees!!

Here goes:

@amaryllis– thanks for the advice about the color scheme and bridesmaid dresses, I’ve already begun looking and picking out a couple of styles that I like and it has helped me to narrow down the colors I would choose. Also, 30 POUNDS!!! You do NOT need to lose 30 pounds, I could understand wanting to tone up for the wedding but based on your pics I don’t think you need to lose weight!

@redhead– I LOVE the bridesmaid dresses that you have picked out. I think the Jim Hjelm collections are gorgeous!! Great picks!

@rmw– Definitely agree about the 47 panic attacks!! hahahhah I’m also doing my planning little by little. My FH doesn’t really mind planning early, I’m basically the one doing the leg work anyways. I think he knows its going to keep my sanity in tact! LOL

I’m going dress shopping tomorrow, does anyone who has already purchased their gown worry that they bought it too soon or are you just in love with your dress and are sure of your decision?? I don’t want to have buyer’s remorse next year when the new dresses come out… any advice??

Post # 34
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

rmw — I will keep an eye out for similar styles from other carriers. Hopefully you can find something equally or moreso awesome near you!

Betz — Thanks. It’s as much about getting healthy as losing weight. I am 145ish lbs on a 5’3″ish frame (ok, like 5’2.5″). I am out of shape completely. Both my parents have/had serious heart disease. I would be willing to lose fewer lbs as long as more of it is muscle than fat, which is not the case right now! Have fun dress shopping tomorrow! Is it your first time? I would definitely advise against purchasing on your first trip, especially since we are so far out. I know that some people just know it’s the one on the first time, but if you have any fear about buyer’s remorse, just wait! Most shops are really good about keeping track of the dresses you like. Also, if you are waiting and it gets discontinued, they’ll let you know and all, so really, you have nothing to lose by waiting.

Post # 35
3788 posts
Honey bee

rmw — Have you checked out Blue by Enzoani? I think their Daisy style from the 2009 collection could be kind of close, but you’d have to get straps put on.

Post # 36
2 posts
Wannabee

June 19th here. Have the church, hall, my gown (only because I actually WON it), photographer

Next steps are video, dj and rabbi (interfaith), and then we’ll take it easy until spring

Post # 37
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

I am getting married June 4, 2011.

We have booked the reception site, will book the ceremony site in the next week or so.

We have met with 2 photographers but have yet to make a decision and I am going dress shopping tomorrow! (very excited to try on some Maggie Sottero dresses!)

I do feel like the wedding is sooooooo far away, but at the same time i am enjoying the leisurely planning and thinking about all the DIY projects I will have time to do over the summer and get out the way in plenty of time before the big day!

Post # 38
144 posts
Blushing bee

Lordy I need to check this more frequently. haha sorry gals!

Betz-did you find a dress?  Find any styles/designers that fit your personality/style/body? 
I was/am in love with my dress from the moment I tried it in.  It was just so light weight and flowy and made me feel wonderful.  Ugh it also helped it was on sale and I was afraid when it got closer to the date it would still be available.  So far I have been apprehensive about looking at other dresses and so far have only found one I loved more than mine but it was waaay out of my price range. 
Thanks for checking the bridesmaid dresses out.  I haven’t found out how much they cost yet, I’m hoping they’re on the affordable side…

amary-I don’t have a real good picture of my dress.  I tried it on christmas and my friend took pictures of it so I’m trying to get him to send me pictres of it.  My mom insisted on storing it at their house because she didn’t want me to show everyone. haha otherwise I’d pop it on and take a picture of it now.  Next time I’m at my parents I’ll try it on and send you some pictures of it.  I have pics from me trying the dress on but it’s white, not ivory and totally doesn’t do the dress justice. I have a horrible time posting pictures on here so I’ll probably email/message them to you/whoever else wants to see. 

rmw-haha I’m glad there’s a fellow redhead here! haha we’re a dying breed you know.  My Fiance have 2 orange cats(one who is in my avatar ha Focker<-yes you read right his name is Focker…) and a dog with red hair. haha my Fiance has salt and pepper hair (started going gray when he was 16) so he’s the odd one out. 
Maybe boys are kinda color blind? haha so they think colors that don’t go together really do.  My Fiance would say “OOH everything goes with black. Including brown.”

Bright-wow you won your dress?  What designer? What does it look like?  How lucky of you!  Are you Jewish or is your FI?  I was raised kinda non-religiously but my mom is Jewish, dad Catholic so we celebrated all holidays.  We’re incorporating certain Jewish traditions in our wedding ceremony.  haha my Bub already said she wants to make chopped liver for the reception. 

Future-what DYI projects are you planning?  I’m going to try to grow flowers for centerpieces I think.  ha but that’s all I have planned.  I’m always looking for inspiration.

Post # 39
144 posts
Blushing bee

I’m going to try to post some wedding dress pics.  haha but I will be surprised if it works as I have had several failed attempts.  And if they do work sorry for how I look haha I didn’t know my sister was taking the pictures so I’m not smiling/looking at the camera. 

Amar if this doesn’t work and you still want to see message me your email address and I can email them to you. 

[attachment=626743,81725] [attachment=626743,81726]

Post # 40
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

Yet another June 11, 2011 Bride here! I got engaged in November. I’ve only just begun my planning these last couple of weeks. We have been looking into venues and invitations and such. The dress shopping hasn’t begun yet! There is still tons to be done. Nothing is set, or even close to being set in stone yet. I just want to get it planned and just wait!

Post # 41
144 posts
Blushing bee

stb-welcome! Congrats on the engagement and the 6/11/11 date.  I hear ya on the wanting to plan now and wait later, I think that’s the goal of most of us June 2011 brides.

Post # 42
392 posts
Helper bee

redhead-your dress is beautiful!  I am so for the plan and wait other than my DIY projects which I can’t seem to get my butt in gear about lol.  Is anyone attempting Forever Flowers like Pretzel I think I might. . .

Post # 43
928 posts
Busy bee

Hello June 2011 ladies!

Well, it’s definitely nice to know that I’m not the only one with a long engagement! We get engaged on Easter April 12, 2009 and because of my fiance being in the army and deploying last fall, we decided to wait until he comes back and push it out far enough so that gives us room if his coming home date gets pushed farther out. I’m also on the 6 year plan in school and will be in my last semester when he gets back so we finally just decided on June 11, 2011. I love the idea of being a June bride but a 2 year, 2 month engagement has been rough!

I immediately went and looked at gowns, I couldn’t wait! I had been lusting over a Lazaro gown for months and knew it might be the one. 2 days of trying on gowns later, I was right and we bought the gown. It came in December and that was so exciting.

I also hired a wedding planner right after the proposal and although we have been talking about ideas for months, we have finally started to really plan! We have the church (booked last May), the venue, the caterer, and the florist and I we still have appointments set up to interview the other vendors and get them nailed down.

I personally don’t want to wait and don’t see why I should, I’m too excited!! If a vendor is willing and able to put you down on their calandar and sign a contract with you, then I say why not. Some people thought I was planning a little too soon but it didn’t bother me one bit, I just kept on. It’s really helped because I’ve spent the time researching and really thinking about what I want and now that I can start planning, I already know what direction I’m going in. Do as much as you can because once it really starts getting close and pressure builds to get everything together, you will be able to relax and enjoy yourself. Being so far out gives you more wiggle room and flexibilty instead of cramming everything into a few months. I always wanted at least a year to plan. I could marry my fiance tomorrow but this is our one day and I want it to be perfect!

Have fun ladies and happy wedding planning!

Post # 44
3788 posts
Honey bee

red — You look stunning! That dress is perfect for you, so flattering.

mrsmurray and stb — welcome to the 6.11.11 club haha! I think as long as you know what you’re doing, you may as well book stuff!

Post # 45
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

readhead 87 – i am not totally sure on all my DIY projects, but I already created email save the dates, i will be doing either email or print invites myself. 

I plan on doing the centerpieces myself (although that won’t be until right until the wedding – I am planning on have cakes as the centerpieces…i think…will be lots of work to bake them!!)

Flowers will likely be DIY, as will the guest book, but thinking of doing more an ‘advice/well wishes’ book or something

I would really like an aisle runner and my mom already agreed to make my veil and garter.

I am sure i will add to the list as I continue to look at everyone else’s great ideas.

Post # 46
392 posts
Helper bee

futureMrs. M – your DIY list sounds like mine and it continues to grow.  My list right now sits at:  fabric/paper flowers, centerpieces, save the dates (most likely a postcard), invite suite, bird cage veil, and guest book.  Just writing that makes me anxious I should really get started.  I’m planning on going to get crepe paper at lunch to begin my flowers.  I have 2 bridesmaids, 2 MOH’s, and 2 junior bridesmaids so thats 6 mini bouquets and mine, AHH!!

The topic ‘June 2011 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors