(Closed) June 2011 Brides

posted 11 years ago in June 2011
Post # 47
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

Can I play too? My wedding date is May, 28th, 2011, which is only 3 days away from June. He proposed on December 18th, 2009. So far, I’ve called several wedding venues and gotten quotes. I’m planning on doing pretty much everything DIY, so I’m pretty much just absorbing information for the first few months. The centerpieces will be DIY if not included by the venues,  all stationary will be DIY, other decorations, favors and flower bouquets will definitely be DIY. I’m also considering taking a few wilton classes and attempting to make my own wedding cake. After all, I do have over a year to learn. But, I’m not completely sold on the idea.

Post # 48
144 posts
Blushing bee

@city swoon where from upstate are you?  Sounds like you’re off to a good start.  Congrats on the new engagement!

My friend sent me pics of my actual dress.  It has much better detail than the one I posted before. 

I’m nervous about doing DYI stuff because I feel like whenever I do anything like that it looks like a first grader made it.  I’m really going to try and work on my skills so I can do more.  The only thing I’m planning on is the centerpieces and STD’s and invites. 

Post # 49
144 posts
Blushing bee

argh maybe not.  I’ll work on re-formatting.

Post # 50
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2008

asunw – as i reread my post i started to get nervous at all of the DIY things i listed! haha

we’ll see how many of them get done and how many get bumped off of the list.

I am sure June 2011 will be here before i know it, but right now it feels like an eternity

Post # 51
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Hello everyone.

Another June 11,11 bride here.  I too picked this date because I am weird about numbers and like the way this sounds.  We have bounced back and forth between dates for the last two weeks because I am overly excited and think June 11 is soooo far away, but after reading all of your comments I see that I am not the only one who is in the planning mode even though there is 16 more months to ago and that is really comforting.  Since many of you have a lot of things confirmed do you have any tips as to what I should focus on first.  I have tried on dresses and shopped several reception sites but should I narrow my focus on a single detail to help with the anxiety of the planning?

Post # 52
392 posts
Helper bee

TheFutureMisses – I’d start with whats most important to you.  We wanted an beautiful site and an awesome photographer so thats where I started.  My beautiful site just fell through =( but at least we still have 16 months. 

Future Mrs. M- My DIY list got chopped dramatically over the weekend I tried to do the crepe flowers and failed miserably.  @redhead they looked like a first grader created them it was bad, lol.  Now I’m nervous about what to attempt so we shall see.  I’m concentrating on finding a new wedding/reception venue now and then I’ll get back to the DIY list.

Post # 54
392 posts
Helper bee

Beautiful!

Post # 55
2 posts
Wannabee

I just got engaged over christmas, and am also a June 2011 bride! We don’t have too much done yet.  The church, reception hall, and photographer are all booked, and I have found my dream dress, but just waiting a little bit before I buy it since my mom and sisters have not seen it yet.  So I still have lots to do, but I think my pace is going pretty well!

Post # 56
391 posts
Helper bee

I didn’t think anyone else was planning this  far ahead! but yay! my wedding is going to be june 21! Totally kinda random, but it is the first day of summer, and i got part of my wedding for free, the only catch is that it had to be on a tuesday, and i’m ok with that! it was originally supposed to be may of this year, but i can’t get it together due to lack of money, which is no big deal though!

Post # 57
392 posts
Helper bee

Awesome!!  So what are your colors?

Post # 59
3788 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Late to the party but rmw — PRETTY!

Post # 61
1 posts
Wannabee

I am a june 2011 Bride… june 25 to be exact…

we have almost everything planned out… just small things here and there left to do… 

The topic ‘June 2011 Brides’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors