(Closed) June 2011 Progress

posted 8 years ago in June 2011
Post # 3
491 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Congrats on your progress! We’ve got the venue (caterer provided), the photographer, my dress and we’ve just started taking dance lessons (which we’re keeping a secret, it’s been so hard not to talk about it!!)

Next on the list is finding a dj and buying things for our diy projects. 

I agree that I’m more excited and motivated now that we’re under a year! =)

Post # 4
282 posts
Helper bee

Yay, good job on the progress! So far, all we’ve done is picked the date, booked the venue, and found someone to make the cakes. I think in the next week or so we’re going to just go ahead and get the catering and photographer out of the way too. It feels so nice to cross it off the list!

Post # 5
67 posts
Worker bee

Congrats for having so much accomplished already!

We’ve already booked our venue/DJ and have our ceremony site all set. I just sent my Save-The-Date Cards out on Tuesday.

I’m going to Texas next week to interview photographers and I can-freakin-not wait! I’m definitely more motivated to finalize plans now that it doesn’t feel like it’s infinity lightyears away.

@mrsawesome09 I want to take dance lessons too!

Post # 6
284 posts
Helper bee

Everyone seems to be quite busy getting stuff together!  I’m off for the summer and have been engaged for a year and half.  So I’ve had time to think about things and time to get things crossed off the list.  We booked the church, pre cana classes, the DJ, the photographer, asked all of our bridal party members through different DIY projects, bought the cake topper, and I bought his ring. We looked into dance classes, but were told not to sign up until March.  I can’t wait to see where everyone is at come the 6 month mark!

Post # 7
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

it’s so exciting to hear how everyone is coming along!  we’ve booked our date, venue (caterer included),and photographer.  we’ve selected our wedding party, and finalized the guest list.  i’m working on our save the dates, picked bridesmaid dresses, and we purchased our flower girl dresses.  the flower girl dresses were total impulse buys… they are suuuuper cute pink taffeta dresses we scored at target on clearance for $18 each.  we couldn’t resist, and actually bought 3 dresses for our 2 flower girls so we’d have a size range for next year.  πŸ™‚  the next major thing for us is finding our officiant, and of course, our wedding day ensembles!! 

Post # 9
190 posts
Blushing bee

Congrats to all, sounds like everyones planning is going well!!

We booked the ceremony site, reception venue (caterer included), photographer, dj, and I think I know who I am going to use for a florist just have to call and book her. We have engagement photos with our photog this week and once we get them back I am going to start out STD’s. I ordered my dress and cant wait for it to come in!! We picked out cake design/baker and flavors. I think thats all so far.

I am completely uncreative so I am doing little diy, but am soliciting the help of some crafty friends πŸ™‚

And I totally want to do dance lessons but Fiance doesnt want too!

Post # 11
284 posts
Helper bee

We didn’t really look into bands.  The DJ we have is phenomenal!  They did our friends’ wedding.  They played great music that spanned different decades.  They were interactive teaching the audience different dances (ie. the Casper Slide) and provided props (YMCA hats) at no additional price.  We are paying 1475 for the whole reception-no time limits, includes props and getting songs we want that they don’t already have.  DJs will be able to recognize when the bride and groom are on the dance floor and play the songs they want while they are there.  

Bands were not something we thought of because I didn’t feel that they could play the various genres/decades we wanted.  Also, they might be higher priced.  This is how we felt personally, others may really like bands.  Hope this helps!

Post # 13
491 posts
Helper bee

for those of you thinking about dance lessons, definitley do it! It’s been something that we’ve really enjoyed together so far, and it’s just us, so no one’s judging for being not very good right away! Fiance wasn’t really against it, but he’s not a dancer, at all.  I had to talk him into it, and he’s improving a lot and really enjoying it.  I think it’ll make him feel a lot more confident (me as well) to know what we’re doing while everyone’s staring at us during the first dance.  We won’t just be highschool-style dancing. 

Anyway, if you’re on the fence, most of them offer a free trial lesson, to see what you think.  That’s what convinced my Fiance to go ahead with it. 

Post # 14
19 posts
Newbee

Wow good to know that everyone is planning and booking, people I know are like, wow you’re booking stuff so early why are you worrying about it now. So far I have the venue (caterer provided), photographer, DJ, and baker. Now I just need the florist and the officiant. I am ordering my gown this weekend, and hopefully I will make my choice for bridesmaid gowns this weekend. That way they will have some time to save up to get their gowns.

I’ve been working on centerpieces and invitation designs (I’m DIY-ing those). I’ve also finalized my design for STD’s, just gotta find someone who can print onto magnet sheets, gonna try staples and office depot. Kinkos said they can’t do it unless I order their magnets which are astronomically expensive.

Anyone else done magnet STD’s and have advice?

Post # 16
114 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m june 25 2011. Here is what I have done so far…

Booked the venue

Booked a photographer (that I love!! So glad I booked him early he is already almost filled for summer of 2011)

Booked the caterer

Bought the dress

Picked my colors and bridesmaid dresses

Booked places to go cake tasting and hopfully booking one within the month

Booked the DJ

Thats all for now. I have no idea what to work on next. Any ideas?

The topic ‘June 2011 Progress’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors