(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 8! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 182
1577 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Hehe yeah when I see something from my registry that is deeply discounted, I pick it up – luckily my shower is this weekend, butI figure I don’t want to pass up the deal if noone ends up getting it for me! πŸ˜›

Post # 183
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  exactly! That’s what we did with larger things on the registry. Now I’m doing it with smaller things lol. Like I can take off most of the sleep sacks I registered for, or only keep the 6month+ ones on the registry. πŸ™‚ can’t pass up a discount when i know we’ll need it. 

Post # 184
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  yay! Can’t wait to check it out. Hopefully we come up with little mans name so I can hopefully order stuff for his room. πŸ™‚

Post # 185
820 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

So I have come to the conclusion that I’m going to live with this upper back pain until this little one arrives. Although going to the chiropractor has helped some, it’s not making a big difference. A friend has told me to try an osteopath, but I don’t want to spend all this money for it to do nothing πŸ™ In other news, my dad told me today that he picked up our travel system πŸ™‚ He and my sister are gifting it to us at my baby shower, so that’s a huge weight off our shoulders πŸ™‚ I’ve included a photo of the system we chose

Post # 186
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sweethart:  Love the travel system!  And I hope your upper back pain calms down some!  Seeing the chiropractor isn’t helping at all?

Post # 187
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@Sweethart:  sorry you’re having such bad back pain πŸ™

i love your travel system though!!! So nice!

Post # 188
820 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  It’s helped a bit. The first time I had two days of relief, I went today and I’m already having discomfort. I’ve been watching my posture, trying to sit in stiff backed chairs, working out, nothing seems to work 100%. DH has been amazing with rubbing my back in the shower and that at least helps me get to sleep. I guess we can’t have everything. I missed out on the horrors of the first trimester, this is my reward, lol. 

Post # 189
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sweethart:  does a heating pad help at all? Or ice? I forgot what the dr said it was from. 

Post # 190
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Are all of you in full panel maternity pants? Im trying out my only pair of full panel jeans and hate them. 2 pairs of full panel work pants are heavenly… Jeans not so much. Maybe I just have an odd bump that won’t hold them up? Or i bought a size too big (Even though its the same size as all my pants). I’m thankful I brought my other jeans too (just the stretchy maternity band)… If today is anything like the rest of the week ill be miserable pulling these up every few minutes. 

Post # 191
394 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I’ve been wearing my full panel maternity pants for almost 2 months now! I didn’t bother buying any other type of panel or belly bands, just jumped right in. For the first month or so I was wearing them with the panel folded down, then when that started getting uncomfortable I switched to wearing them as intended.

If they won’t stay up, I suspect it’s either the wrong size or the panel material sucks. I have one pair of jeans from Motherhood and one from Thyme – the Thyme ones aren’t nearly as good because I find the panel too loose. I end up fiddling with it all day and it doesn’t sit where I’d like it to. I’m really glad I only bought the one pair from Thyme…I have one pair of jeans and two pairs of cords from Motherhood and I really like them all. I keep hoping that the Thyme ones will stay up better as my belly grows, but it hasn’t happened yet.

It’ll totally depend on your body type too…I’m not very tall and kind of pear-shaped, so the Motherhood pants fit me well. My friend is quite tall and thin, she ended up having to order expensive maternity jeans online somewhere since she couldn’t find any others that fit her properly. She was fine with the dress pants from Thyme though, I guess because dress pants are typically made longer since they’re easy to hem.

Post # 192
2849 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I’ve been wearing full panel maternity pants for at least a couple months. I really like them and find them to be the most comfortable. In the beginning, they would slide down, but I think that’s because my belly wasn’t very big. As my belly grew, the pants started staying up better. Now I have no problem at all! 

Post # 193
4354 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  “Miraculous Muslin” is the hint for the next deal! Could be a good one, I have to remember to check it (I totally forgot to check last night’s deal until this morning haha).

I’ve been in full panel all along.. for some reason it’s all or nothing for me, I don’t like something in between. You’re right though, my maternity work pants are WAY more comfortable than my maternity jeans.

View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  It’s funny because I LOVE my thyme pants, I find the panels on all the pants from motherhood sooo freaking itchy! I have a giant belly though so I haven’t had any problems with keeping pants up haha. I’m actually starting to think I’ve almost outgrown a pair of maternity jeans because the panel is getting tight, and doesn’t go as far up my belly anymore lol.

Post # 194
394 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  That is really funny…I find the Thyme ones itchy! Haha, guess it just comes down to personal preference. I have a pretty big belly too, everyone keeps telling me I’m all belly.

The panel on my Thyme jeans doesn’t cover my whole belly anymore, it’s not nearly as long as the one on my Motherhood jeans. That may be because I bought the petite jeans from Thyme though, the panel may just be shorter on that cut.

It’s weird, I love my pants from Motherhood but none of their shirts fit me (smallest size is too big). I hate my pants from Thyme, but love their shirts!

Post # 195
394 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Sweethart:  Just realised I never replied to this last night even though I meant to…very cute diapers! Are those fitteds and/or covers? What brand are they? (sorry, I’m a little ignorant when it comes to anything other than prefolds/covers since that’s what I’m doing and have researched the most!)

Post # 196
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  I tried folding the panel over and it bothers me and still slips down. I have full panel work pants from motherhood maternity but jeans from old navy. I loved old navy’s semi panel but am still hating the full. I just can’t justify spending the $$ for motherhood jeans when ill hopefully only need them a few more months. 

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  I hope as my odd shape belly moves ill be able to wear these jeans comfortably. I have the lovely “B” shape and baby is in the lower half of the “b” so it’s been interesting with clothes. 

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  its an Aden & Anais swaddle blanket! I don’t think I can’t master swaddling so I passed. I want the blankets that are pre-folded that way lol. I love love love my work pants, and seriously thought about ordering a pair in black to just wear around the house as lounge pants lol. 

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 8! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors