(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 8! (closed)

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
608 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2011
 Hi bees, I haven’t n participated in the June nesting boards yet but would like to say hi and introduce myself.  I recently found out that Ill be on bed rest for the remainder of my 
pregnancy so it would be great to connect with some other pregnant ladies to help keep my sanity.

How far along are you? 26 weeks

Baby Name if you are sharing? We are having a girl. still deciding on a name

Symptoms? does early laboI count? 

If you are having a shower, when is it? One was planned in 3 unfree rack home but unfortunately I’ll have to cancel it because of bed rest and I can’t travel

Where are you registered? Amazon and babies r us

Nursery Theme? None, would like it to just be peaceful and match the rest of our house. We don’t want any specific theme like jungle

Weight gain? 14 lbs

Stretch marks? No

Rings on or off? On

Belly button in or out? Moving out

Sweetest thing Darling Husband has done for you while pregnant? Take care of the whole house while lie around gestating

What are you researching? Early labor, preemies, nicu… Just in case

Post # 18
18 posts
Newbee

Thank you for sharing!!

Post # 20
1577 posts
Bumble bee

@Snowy414:  Welcome! Nice to meet you, sorry to hear that you have to be on bedrest! We’re an active bunch, so hopefully we can keep you entertained 🙂

Post # 21
608 posts
Busy bee

thank you for the welcome. I’m due June 17th and hoping to get as close to that as possible. The goal right now is 28 weeks and then 30 and then 34. We throw a party at 34 weeks as it usually has good outcomes but obviously the longer the better. I’m hoping to be able to work from home at least part time for both financial and sanity reasons. I’m feeling bummed about using my maternity leave before its really maternity leave.

Post # 22
887 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How far along are you? 25 weeks and 5 days

Baby Name if you are sharing? Not set in stone yet but probably Caroline

Symptoms? Nothing really specific other than my size. It’s getting difficult to get up!

If you are having a shower, when is it? mid-April for my MIL’s, then my best friend is doing another shower that my friends will be invited to at the end of May

Where are you registered? A boutique-y baby shop near our neighbourhood that sells a lot of cloth diapering stuff and interesting, innovative products that I haven’t been able to find at BRU or elsewhere. Like these crazy nipple shield type things that collect the milk that leaks from one breast while you are feeding from the other, so you don’t waste any! And breastmilk ice-tube trays, and wet sacks for cloth diapers. 

Nursery Theme? We haven’t though much about decorating yet but I do have a cool owl painting that I want to put up, so maybe owls / birds / woodlands?

Weight gain? About 20 pounds. 

Stretch marks? Not yet

Rings on or off? On

Belly button in or out? Partway out

Sweetest thing Darling Husband has done for you while pregnant? Gave me a big hug the other day while saying “My family!”

What are you researching? Not much baby related stuff lately.. too busy with school :/  I’ve been reading a bit more of my hypnobirthing book though.

Post # 23
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@Snowy414:  welcome to the June boards! Hope we keep you entertained while you’re on bedrest. Hoping your little one stays in long for you 🙂

@bwaychick:  I check out the baby boy stuff on oldnavy.com but have resisted purchasing any or even going to the store so far. I really seem to luck out on clearance at target, and with all my coupons paired with amazing deals at the Carter’s outlet. I really think I need to have the clothes in his room so I can see them before I go out buying more. It’s tough to remember what sizes I have in what. And I hope he grows normal, not too tall or too heavy so these clothes work for the months I’m hoping. Like 6 months puts us in winter, bought mostly long sleeve onesies thinking if he hits that anytime after october ill be good. 

I’m so exhausted! Hubby snored most of the night again. That’s 2 nights of crummy sleep for me. I told him I’m planning on being in bed by 8 tonight, but he works until 8 or 8:30 so I won’t get to see him. 🙁 Tue night dinner with inlaws, wed night dinner with my neighbor and her kids, thur night late late dinner (who am I kidding just a giant piece of pie) at a restaurant with an old coworker I promised to see every other week since I quit and its been a month and a half lol. I won’t be sleeping until Fri night at this rate 🙁

Post # 24
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsDW:  I hear ya on the crappy sleep. Darling Husband is a serial snorer, and even with ear plugs he still wakes me up. So last night he snored a lot, and I’ve just been up and uncomfortable since 6 am. Finally fell back asleep about 15 mins before my alarm went off. Ugh. Now that vacation is over, I’m ready for mat leave!

Post # 25
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

@Snowy414:  welcome to our boards! I’m due June 18 :). I hope your little girls sticks around for a while. We certainly can be active and entertaining. If you’re interested, we have a Facebook group too, although, we seem to be less active over there since there arent as many of us there as there is here!

Post # 26
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@anotherbee: Thankfully hubby’s snoring isn’t a every night thing. But it still kills me when he does. I woke him up probably 6 times between 2 and 6am. I feel like a walking zombie with burning eyes already, and Mondays tend to be hectic at work :(. I honestly think ill be restless during mat leave. I’m going to miss adult interaction. 

Post # 27
187 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

How far along are you? 27 weeks.

Baby Name if you are sharing? molly kathleen.

Symptoms? headaches, bleeding gums, vurps (vomit burps), heartburn, general bigness and tiredness. 

If you are having a shower, when is it? i am, but i dont know when!

Where are you registered? babies r us.

Nursery Theme? sock monkey! except we can’t quite start on it until we close on our first house sometime in april? (fingers crossed!)

Weight gain? 17 lbs.

Stretch marks? indeed.

Rings on or off? on, but not for long.

Belly button in or out? in, but not for long.

Sweetest thing Darling Husband has done for you while pregnant? he bought me and molly pretty flowers and chocolate cake with a note saying he loved his two girls when we found out her gender.  also, i forgot to wear my good luck ring before my last dr. appt and he texted me to say he was wearing it at home for good luck. he also tells me all of the time how beautiful i am and how well i handle being pregnant and that if it were him, he would be a sandy vagina.  super cute.

What are you researching? breast feeding, day care, cloth diapering, classes. oh my!

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/june-2012-babies-part-8#ixzz2NEb0HLqp

Post # 28
394 posts
Helper bee

I’m missing from the list too – having a boy and due June 22!

How far along are you? 25w2d

Baby Name if you are sharing? Still debating! Hopefully getting closer…

Symptoms? Ribs on the right-side have been sore off and on the last week or so. And I’ve started having some nasty acid reflux…tums are my friends.

If you are having a shower, when is it? May 4th

Where are you registered? BRU and a small local store (for cloth diaper supplies)

Nursery Theme?  We have the Carter’s Safari Sky bedding set, so planning around that! http://www.carters.com/carters/carters-home-baby-boy-nursery-collections-safari-sky/carters-home-boy-nursery-collections-safari-sky,default,sc.html

Weight gain? Around 20lbs I think? I haven’t been weighing myself at home. I have a doc appt this week, so I’ll see then!

Stretch marks? None yet!

Rings on or off? Still on, haven’t noticed any swelling yet!

Belly button in or out? Pretty much flat at this point.

Sweetest thing Darling Husband has done for you while pregnant? This doesn’t sound like that big a deal…but he’s been taking out the garbage and compost before it’s even full since he knows the smell bothers me now. I haven’t had to empty either in months! I’m probably fine now, but early on it made me gag and feel sick even if the garbage/compost had only been sitting for a day.

What are you researching? I’m taking a little break at the moment! Feel like I’ve researched the crap out of every possible baby gear item and supplies. We have our prenatal class in 2 weeks so I’ll probably start researching delivery and baby care topics again closer to that date.

Post # 29
394 posts
Helper bee

@MrsDW:  Looks like you did really well! I especially love the yellow onesie set, wish I had seen that one when I was shopping this weekend! I’m trying not to buy anymore blue since we already went a little overboard!

@anotherbee:  I was going to reply to your post on the previous thread, but I was a little too slow! Looks like you picked up some great stuff too! You must have good taste, because you picked some of the same outfits I did! I also got the baseball and monkey sets! Smile And I was very close to picking up the firetruck sleeper and the whale hat…probably will later!

I never posted a pic of all the clothes I got on my trip to the states a few weeks ago…maybe I will today! I also got some more stuff this weekend.

Post # 30
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@MissChanandlerBong:  yes dieing to see the baby clothes you bought! We have alot of the same Carter’s stuff too!

Post # 31
608 posts
Busy bee

@anotherbee:  I think that it’s me that’s the snorer since I got pregnant. Poor Darling Husband. He never complains though, sweet guy.

@MissChanandlerBong:  I love that your Darling Husband takes out the trash early. It’s the little things that make a big difference make remind you that they love you.

happy Monday everyone

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 8! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors