Post # 1
Hi fellow brides etc…
Im Rikkis_June_Bride_2012 and getting married to my beloved June 23rd 2012. I dont know about what you all think but it seems so far away!
I guess the fact that we have the following sorted wont help speed it along:-
- My Dress (Maggie Sottero -Melissa Brooch Royale)
- Bridesmaids Dresses (x5) in turquoise blue.
- Bridesmaids hair styles & accessories
- My Tiara
- My Veil
- Cake ideas in the process
- Cars (including a suprise car for our parents which they dont know about)
I think thats it.. there may be more… my brain seems to have gone blank lol….
Anyway, its the end of my lunch break, so better go but fellow bees please leave details of your wedding and ideas including to do’s etc….
Anyone else feel that their wedding is so far away?
Look forward to hearing from you all.
Post # 3
Congrats to another June bride in the hive! My wedding is June 9. I’ve got my dress, our venue, photographer, floral/event designer, and DOC. We think we’ve about settled on the attire for the wedding party. I need to start on catering, music, and rentals! I feel like I have so much left to do, but we have been engaged for a year and a half, so the next nine months seem to me like they will just fly by.
Post # 4
Welcome to the bee! I feel like mine was far away when we got engaged but now its zooming closer!!! I’ve god the dress, shoes, venue, food, alcohol, save the dates are going out this weekend, invitations are picked out, I have the photographer, cake maker, I’ve picked the bridesmaids dresses but we haven’t bought them yet. We’ve booked the honeymoon and flights. I’m starting to get excited!
Post # 5
Haha, you make me feel like a slacker! Which I am being right now…the only thing I’ve done lately is work on the decor because it’s more fun for me, lol.
Post # 6
Welcome! Just to let you know, you can post under “June 2012” in the “Month Twins” section of the forum
Post # 7
I’m a June 2nd bride! We got engaged in December of last year and now we’re down to 276 days!! Time is FLYING.
We have church, reception venue, photographer, flowers, bridesmaid dresses all picked out, tuxes all picked out, my dress/veil/headband, my shoes, band booked, limo booked and cake ideas in mind. My biggest worry is the dang favors. I have no idea what I want for those… but if that’s all I’m stressing about, I think I’m good!! 🙂
Post # 8
Date twin! I’ve listed all my things a few times and the list is too long now so I’ll just say I’m about half way done planning… lol.
Post # 9
Hi all! I’m getting Married June 9th, 2012. Feel like 9 months are going to fly by, as we got married in February adn it feels like just yesterday!
Here’s what I have done:
- venue (a vineyard! Love it, ceremony, cocktail & reception all to be held here)
- dj & harpist
- cake (mom’s making this :), she’s made my two sisters and my brother’s wedding cake, I’m the last one 🙂 ).
- host hotels
- day of wedding planner
- photography (paid off!! 🙂 )
- Favors (my fiance is brewing our own beer, we will label it and have that as our favors)
Things I need to do soon!!….
- engagement photos (planned for the end of the month)
- save the dates (will use engagement photo to make magnet, send out beginning of November)
- start looking at invitations
- Dress shopping!! (mom and maid of honor and matron of honor are coming in Mid October to do this with me..I can’t wait 🙂 )
Post # 10
Hi there, date twin! 🙂 I’m also a June 23rd bride. We’ve got quite a few things accomplished, but we still have some things to work on. So far, we’ve…
- Booked the ceremony site and reception vendor.
- Booked our photographer, made a down payment, taken e-pics.
- Booked our DJ, made a down payment.
- Bought my dress.
- Decided on the type of guestbook we want.
- Chosen our florist and bakery for the cake, just waiting until it’s a little closer to make more plans.
- Notified bridal party.
- Decided on reception favor (cookie buffet)
- Hair stylist is booked.
- Musician for the ceremony is booked.
- Started shopping for bridal party gifts.
I am continuing to make my list of things to do. My jobs for September are to get a passport and design our Save the Dates. In October, we’re going to look at wedding bands. My goal is to have Save the Dates out by Halloween…we’ll see how this goes :-). I also want to start designing the boxes for our cookie buffet, but I don’t know how/where I will store them. I may start ordering supplies.
Post # 11
Omg a have quite a few date twins here!!!
Some of you guys make me feel like a slacker!!! I thought I ws doing things way too early but I guess not!!!
Happy Planning ladies!!!
Post # 12
June 30 for me! We have all the big decisions out of the way – just need to finalize the guest list, florist and decor. My friends/family think I’m crazy for taking care of things so early, but you ladies make me feel like I’m right on track! 🙂
Post # 13
@Shiner: Haha! I am totally in the same boat as you. All I want to do is play around with decor. It’s fun 🙂
Post # 14
You all make me feel like a slacker! Lol, everytime I start to think about doing something I feel like I’m jumping the gun!
Post # 15
I am a June 23rd bride too!!! I have a venue and an officiant and that’s it! Ahhh! We are finalizing our photographer and caterer right now and once I get that taken care of, I will be so much happier!
Post # 16
I’m June 15! Nine months exactly from today. 🙂
Right now we have a venue, an officiant, my dress, and my ring. I’m sending the deposit to the photographer tomorrow, we have a sample menu from the caterer, and we have our bridal party picked. The girls are picking their own dresses & the guys are finding their own suits, so that’s not a problem. I’m in the middle of coding our wedsite & designing our save the dates – but the invitations are done!
I still need to…
- Get suit for Fiance
- Get wedding band for Fiance
- Finalize caterers
- Assemble a bazillion paper flowers and pinwheels
- Figure out the cake situation.
- Finalize guest list
I am so stressed out right now – I hope it gets easier as it gets closer!