(Closed) June 2012 Bride

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
365 posts
Helper bee

Congrats to another June bride in the hive! My wedding is June 9. I’ve got my dress, our venue, photographer, floral/event designer, and DOC. We think we’ve about settled on the attire for the wedding party. I need to start on catering, music, and rentals! I feel like I have so much left to do, but we have been engaged for a year and a half, so the next nine months seem to me like they will just fly by.

Post # 4
1723 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Welcome to the bee!  I feel like mine was far away when we got engaged but now its zooming closer!!!  I’ve god the dress, shoes, venue, food, alcohol, save the dates are going out this weekend, invitations are picked out, I have the photographer, cake maker, I’ve picked the bridesmaids dresses but we haven’t bought them yet.  We’ve booked the honeymoon and flights.  I’m starting to get excited!

Post # 5
365 posts
Helper bee

@MrsCoachBtoBee:

Haha, you make me feel like a slacker! Which I am being right now…the only thing I’ve done lately is work on the decor because it’s more fun for me, lol.

Post # 6
542 posts
Busy bee

Welcome! Just to let you know, you can post under “June 2012” in the “Month Twins” section of the forum

Post # 7
275 posts
Helper bee

I’m a June 2nd bride! We got engaged in December of last year and now we’re down to 276 days!! Time is FLYING.

We have church, reception venue, photographer, flowers, bridesmaid dresses all picked out, tuxes all picked out, my dress/veil/headband, my shoes, band booked, limo booked and cake ideas in mind.  My biggest worry is the dang favors.  I have no idea what I want for those… but if that’s all I’m stressing about, I think I’m good!! πŸ™‚

Post # 8
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Date twin! I’ve listed all my things a few times and the list is too long now so I’ll just say I’m about half way done planning… lol.

Post # 9
106 posts
Blushing bee

Hi all! I’m getting Married June 9th, 2012. Feel like 9 months are going to fly by, as we got married in February adn it feels like just yesterday!

Here’s what I have done:

• venue (a vineyard! Love it, ceremony, cocktail & reception all to be held here)
  • officiant
  • caterer
  • dj & harpist
  • cake (mom’s making this :), she’s made my two sisters and my brother’s wedding cake, I’m the last one πŸ™‚ ).
  • host hotels
  • shuttles/limos
  • day of wedding planner
  • videographer
  • photography (paid off!! πŸ™‚ )
  • Flourist
  • Favors (my fiance is brewing our own beer, we will label it and have that as our favors)
  • website
  • Hair/makeup

Things I need to do soon!!….

• engagement photos (planned for the end of the month)
  • save the dates (will use engagement photo to make magnet, send out beginning of November)
  • start looking at invitations
  • Dress shopping!! (mom and maid of honor and matron of honor are coming in Mid October to do this with me..I can’t wait πŸ™‚ )

Post # 10
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Hi there, date twin! πŸ™‚ I’m also a June 23rd bride. We’ve got quite a few things accomplished, but we still have some things to work on. So far, we’ve…

• Booked the ceremony site and reception vendor.
  • Booked our photographer, made a down payment, taken e-pics.
  • Booked our DJ, made a down payment.
  • Bought my dress.
  • Decided on the type of guestbook we want.
  • Chosen our florist and bakery for the cake, just waiting until it’s a little closer to make more plans.
  • Notified bridal party.
  • Decided on reception favor (cookie buffet)
  • Hair stylist is booked.
  • Musician for the ceremony is booked.
  • Started shopping for bridal party gifts.

I am continuing to make my list of things to do. My jobs for September are to get a passport and design our Save the Dates. In October, we’re going to look at wedding bands. My goal is to have Save the Dates out by Halloween…we’ll see how this goes :-). I also want to start designing the boxes for our cookie buffet, but I don’t know how/where I will store them. I may start ordering supplies.

Post # 11
13 posts
Newbee

Omg a have quite a few date twins here!!!

Some of you guys make me feel like a slacker!!! I thought I ws doing things way too early but I guess not!!!

Happy Planning ladies!!!

Post # 12
64 posts
Worker bee

June 30 for me! We have all the big decisions out of the way – just need to finalize the guest list, florist and decor. My friends/family think I’m crazy for taking care of things so early, but you ladies make me feel like I’m right on track! πŸ™‚

Post # 13
280 posts
Helper bee

@Shiner: Haha! I am totally in the same boat as you. All I want to do is play around with decor. It’s fun πŸ™‚ 

Post # 14
280 posts
Helper bee

You all make me feel like a slacker! Lol, everytime I start to think about doing something I feel like I’m jumping the gun!

Post # 15
1870 posts
Buzzing bee

I am a June 23rd bride too!!! I have a venue and an officiant and that’s it! Ahhh! We are finalizing our photographer and caterer right now and once I get that taken care of, I will be so much happier!

Post # 16
37 posts
Newbee

I’m June 15! Nine months exactly from today. πŸ™‚

Right now we have a venue, an officiant, my dress, and my ring. I’m sending the deposit to the photographer tomorrow, we have a sample menu from the caterer, and we have our bridal party picked. The girls are picking their own dresses & the guys are finding their own suits, so that’s not a problem. I’m in the middle of coding our wedsite & designing our save the dates – but the invitations are done!

I still need to…

• Get suit for Fiance
  • Get wedding band for Fiance
  • Finalize caterers
  • Florist
  • Assemble a bazillion paper flowers and pinwheels
  • Figure out the cake situation.
  • Finalize guest list

I am so stressed out right now – I hope it gets easier as it gets closer!

The topic ‘June 2012 Bride’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors