(Closed) June 2012 brides – Engagement photos?

posted 8 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
7300 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

We are planning ours for the spring. Probably May. 

Post # 4
266 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We just booked our photographer and if things go well, we’ll probably shoot for this spring as well~ so we can use them in a newspaper announcement, etc like you mentioned.

Post # 5
3281 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We did ours early cause our photog was holding an amazing deal. We basically had to ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 6
3176 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

We did ours in August for our June wedding. 10 months in advance. I don’t think its too early.

Post # 7
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

We did ours in January. I was too excited to wait ๐Ÿ™‚ Unless you think you are going to change your look dramatically (hair, make up, weight, etc) then go for it!

Post # 8
1488 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

We did ours in December for our March 2012 wedding. We don’t live in the same state so we kind of had to do them when we were visiting, but I say go for it.

Post # 9
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We will probably do ours in May. We want beach pics and I figure it’ll be warm enough to dress summery but the beach won’t be crowded with people that’ll ruin the background of the pics

Post # 11
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

Ideally, I would love late September / October. However, you are absolutely right, fall weekends would book up quickly! Maybe we could get them taken on a Sunday?

My goal is to lose quite a bit of weight. My cousin’s wedding is at the end of October of this year (we’re going to look at bridesmaid dresses today–yay!!!). This will hopefully be my motivation to get back on track with things. It worked really well for the other two weddings I was in!

It’s harder for us to book a date, with Fiance being out of town. Originally, I wanted to go back to our college town and get the pics taken (since that was where we met). With scheduling, I think we may just stick to our hometown, but have a friend take some pictures of us down there on some random weekend or hire a college photojournalist to take some (our alma mater has an awesome journalism program–I’m sure we could find someone that would be reasonable!).

Post # 12
374 posts
Helper bee

I think we’re going to do our e pics in the fall maybe in Central Park ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 13
851 posts
Busy bee

@lkr736:  date twin!! ๐Ÿ™‚

At our photographer’s suggestion,, we’re doing ours in the fall just so we’d have two different backdrops (fall – engagement pics/summer – wedding pics).

Post # 14
655 posts
Busy bee

We are actually getting 2 sets of e-pics done! So first I had won a free engagement session from a bridal show raffle, with this amazing photographer that is wayyyy out of my price range, it includes the session and a free 11×14. And we also get one included in our package with the photographer that we booked.

I know I probably am overdoing it, but how many time do you get to get professional pics taken? And I figure we will get more prints of the wedding pics with our photog’s package, and the free one gives us at least one pic to hang on the wall from an e-session. And I am choosing different seasons and locations, the free one we are doing in March and will probably be still winter-y, and the one with our actual photog will be in the summer.

Post # 15
325 posts
Helper bee

I am going to find a photographer local to me to get our e-pics done (Guess I should inform Fiance of that fact eh?) because he lives over an hour away and the photographers here can be a little less money. Plus, I live in the country so there are some great places we can go that have special memories for us because we do almost everything in the area that I live. I am thinking this summer or maybe the spring.

The topic ‘June 2012 brides – Engagement photos?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors