(Closed) June 2012 Brides : Engagement Stories

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
408 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Garnety:

Okay I’ll bite πŸ™‚

Fiance had talked about getting engaged for a while, so I knew it was coming soon. 

My birthday was coming up and he took me on a suprise trip to the beach which I thought was odd because he hates the beach. 

Next thing I know he takes me to a secluded part of the beach, get’s down on one knee and proposes.  He was so nervous and just so cute haha. 

We got engaged in April and will be getting hitched in June.  So about 14 months.

Post # 4
37 posts
Newbee

fun thread idea! i love any excuse to tell people how awesome he did =) We’d been thinking about marriage for a little while, and everytime I’d ask for hint as to when he might propose he’d say “December”. So he had the day off work and I didn’t May 18th. When he picked me up he was playing Christmas music, which I questioned but he brushed off. We pull in to our street and I see our front yard completely decked out with Christmas decorations!! We go inside, and he had a tree up, stockings, and lights… and our dog cage is wrapped up like a present. When I opened it, Roxy (my dog) was inside, and a ring was around her neck!! He got down on one knee and said “Laura, I love you, will you marry me?” Stupid question. After I said yes, he called my mom for me and handed me the phone. I’m still in shock when I hear a phone ringing… he had both of our parents come down to celebrate with us!!

Post # 5
1723 posts
Bumble bee

Hi!  Great thread idea!  I was expecting mine but it came earlier than I thought it would.  We got engaged on New Year’s Eve 2010 and will be married June 9, 2012!  

We hadn’t exchanged Christmas because we did Christmas separately.  We were supposed to go out with friends for New Years so we wanted to do our gifts first.  He brought me two gift bags, one light and one heavy.  The first one was a massage (AWESOME!) and I went to look in the second and it happened so fast I can’t remember how he made me turn around but I did and there he was on one knee with my dream ring and said will you marry me?  I love Christmas time and it was awesome to get to go out and celebrate after!

Post # 6
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Great thread idea. We had been together for just over 6 years and had bought our house and been living together for a few months. Whenever we talked of marriage he would always say next year sometime.

My birthday was coming up and he took me away for the weekend. In my head I was thinking, this is it!!!!! Well the weekend went by and no proposal and no ring.:(

I decided to put it out of my mind and wait.

We went out to dinner one night, we thought it would be nice to have some quiet time alone before Christmas. Well on December the 21st he asked me to be his Wife!! So yes total surprise and it was the most full on Christmas ever with the most awesome news to share with friends and family!!!!!

We have now been together for 7 years and by the time we are married we would have been engaged for 18 months.

Post # 7
2542 posts
Sugar bee

I’ll play πŸ˜€

I had picked out my ring a few months beforehand, so I knew the proposal would be coming eventually but didn’t know exactly when. I am hard to surprise, but I was definitely surprised this time!

He had gotten us front row tickets to a concert at a local, old restored theatre. It was for a singer we had seen in concert when we first started dating, who sings “our” song. Before the concert, we had dinner at a gorgeous little Italian place with amazing food. Fiance knows someone who works there, so we even got free cake (yay!)

Afterwards, we headed to the theatre. The seats and concert were fabulous. I thought Fiance was acting a little strange – he kept patting his pocket (I guess to make sure he didn’t lose the ring) and was fidgeting a lot. I later found out he was waiting for the singer to play our song but it ended up not being in the set. Well, the concert was over and I was conviced I was crazy for having thought he was acting weird and that nothing was going to happen.

He told me he wanted to wait until people had cleared out because he didn’t want to get stuck in the rush to get out of the theatre. He knew I had my camera with me because I always bring it with me to concerts and asked me, since we were so close to the front, to take his picture on stage. I didn’t really think anything of it, so I got out my camera and took it. When I was done, he said “I was hoping *singer* was going to play our song, but since he didn’t, I’ll have to do it myself.” He played the song for me on his phone, then got down on one knee and said, “You know I love you so much, and I just want to continue loving you forever. Will you marry me?”

Of course I said yes, and then we heard the sound crew (only people left in the theatre) clapping for us…so cute! 

We got engaged in May of this year and are getting married June 2012…so we’ll have been engaged about a year and a month by the time the wedding rolls around πŸ™‚

Post # 8
280 posts
Helper bee

Love this! πŸ™‚

We were in Disneyland walking around waiting for our dinner reservations and we stopped by a pretty fountain that was all lit up and we threw pennies in. I asked him what he wished for and he said “For you to say yes” I instantly knew what was going on as he reached in he pocket. I threw my hands over my face and started to cry. I hugged him and he said “Babe you gotta let go, I have to get down on one knee” hahaha. So he did, and aske me to marry him and obviously I said yes. That was back in March so we’ll have a 15 month engagement. I can’t wait!!!!!!!

Post # 9
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

I knew it was coming but wasn’t exactly sure when. We designed my ring through a local jeweler and he told us it would be 4-6 weeks. I marked my work calendar with the date June 9th which was 4 weeks to the day. My co workers and I took bets on when it would actually happen.

June 9th rolled around and no ring…of course! I knew if he had it he wouldnt wait too long so I tried to be patient. The next day was Friday June 10th. My boss told me to dress up for a lunch event. I thought it was a little strange but didn’t question it too much.

I got all dressed up on Friday morning and as I left my apartment gate I saw him standing on the sidewalk with my two best friends, his roommate, and a dozen red roses. I was completely shocked!! I asked him if he was proposing on my way to work but as it turns out there was no lunch and no work! He planned the entire thing with my boss!!

He knew he wouldnt be able to surprise me unless he got me before I went to work! It was very sweet! (I think a lot of people going to work that day thought it was kind of weird though! haha)

Post # 10
567 posts
Busy bee

Christmas 2010, Mike decided to COMPLETELY surpise me and propose that morning in front of my parents, sister, and grandmother.  We had been together since may of 2009. It was the most amazing moment of my life, and he could not be more perfect for me! After going shopping the night before with my mom, he had her crying in the middle of the mall after saying that he was going to buy the ring for me! Then he went to Build A Bear and made a teddy bear and recorded “Julie, I love you with all my heart, Will you marry me?” on a voice box for it.  Christmas morning, I gave him his X-box 360, and then he decided it was time for me to open my present.  I had no idea what I was getting after the complaints my mom told me about trying to shop with him.  Little did I know that he had asked both her AND my dad Christmas eve about marrying me.  I open the present, and don’t realize what was behind the heart on the bear.  I had already thought he did a great job with just the bear alone, then I realize there is a ring box behind it.  He gets on one knee, I start balling my eyes out, and say YES! We will be engaged for a year and a half, almost to the day. Getting married June 10, 2012

Post # 12
84 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Awwww I love all the stories!

I’m another one who got engaged in December. We were planning on going ice skating in Bryant Park on December 1st, but it ended up pouring rain that day, so we pushed it back until December 2nd. That night just so happened to be the Bryant Park Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony, so we walked around, watched performances on the ice, and ate some dumplings. Then, he told me that we had to meet up with a friend of a friend for something. So we met up with this guy, had a brief introduction and he handed my Fiance an envelope. I thought it was something important, so when he went to just put it in his back pocket, I told him he should put it somewhere more safe. Instead, he whipped out the ring and proposed in the middle of the crowded park! Turns out this “friend” was a photographer, so we have pictures of the whole thing!

We were engaged 6 months to the day that we “met” (we knew each other years and years ago), and will be married exactly 18 months after we got engaged. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
2747 posts
Sugar bee

On our 10 year anniversary, I had come home from a long day at work and opened the door to a bouquet of red roses.  David suggested a walk around the park to de-stress.  This is something we usually do together, so I thought nothing out of the ordinary.  Thinking that it would be a local park, I left my ID and cell phone at home.  However, he did remind me to bring my camera.  It wasn’t until we were pulling onto the highway before I realized that we maybe going a fair distance. David assured me that we were going to stop at a few different parks to change up the pace.  I thought it was a very sweet gesture for our anniversary. 

David drove us into our childhood town and we pulled up to a very familiar field. Way back when, we had our own secret place that overlooked the beaches.  I loved it there.  It reminded me of all our stolen moments when we were so young. At first I did not recognize the area, but soon the familiar view had me rushing back to old memories.

Well, I went completely snap happy with my camera and its 80x zoom.  We did some people watching and even spotted a wild fox! Then, David pointed out a couple walking by the beach.  I looked through my lens and zoomed.  

I chuckled.  “Honey, that’s not a couple..”  David coughed but I was still looking through my camera display. ” It’s just two guys walking with their arms crossed. Haha.

“Uh, well I wonder if that guy is going to ask the other guy the same question I’m going to ask you…”

Awkward. “What?”

I turned around and David was already on one knee, the ring in an open box in his hands. He was blushing and looked so nervous. Honestly, it was all a blur.  My jaw dropped and I put a hand over my mouth.  I was in so much shock. He asked me to spend the rest of my life with him.   I managed to let out a “yes” and as he slipped the ring onto my finger, it quickly became a “yes! yes! Yes! YES!”

The breeze was soft and the view was gorgeous. We just stood there, literally tête-à-tête, listening to the sound of the beach and taking in the moment.

Post # 14
2554 posts
Sugar bee

I was completely surprised! πŸ˜€ He was in Halifax for 3 weeks and the day he proposed was the day he got back. I was at a course dinner for a course I’d just taught and it was a bring your own wine place. I, um, accidently drank a little too much wine, but rushed home anyway and got home about 10 minutes before he did. The car pulled up, I rushed to the door, he came in and almost instantly got down on one knee. I was crying so much I forgot to say yes. He had to remind me. Obviously I did! πŸ˜€ I wished I hadn’t had wine at dinner, but I guess that’s part of the surprise factor, haha.

Post # 15
1359 posts
Bumble bee

What a great thread!

My Fiance and I had talked about marriage since practically day one, and we picked out/bought rings for each other together, so it wasn’t a surprise. Plus, we’re both women, so it didn’t seem to make sense for one of us to plan a big thing for the other. Instead, we decided we would have a picnic by the lake near our house on an upcoming Sunday (our anniversary) and propose to each other.

The Saturday morning before we saw that there was bad weather coming in that would last for days, so we spontaneously decided to hike up a nearby mountain that day instead. We headed over there with a bottle of champagne and the rings in my backpack. On the hike up it was already starting to rain, but it was amazing. At the top we had a beautiful view of the valley below, with amazing clouds rolling in, and since it was poor weather we had the whole mountain to ourselves. Standing in a grove of pine trees to protect ourselves from the wind a little bit, we pulled out the rings and proposed to each other and both cried. Then of course we hugged and laughed and took giddy pictures all the way down the mountain, and went to eat at our favorite restaurant afterwards. It was a wonderful perfect day and engagement. 

Post # 16
59 posts
Worker bee

Fiance and I were in Vegas on a spring break trip … we’re both teachers (and yes, everyone joked that we were running away to get married). We had tickets to go see Cirque’s “O” and after dinner, we walked over to the Bellagio to watch the fountain show (the fountains from The Hangover, if you’ve never been). After one of the fountain shows ended, he turned to me and said, “I think I have something to make this night even better,” and got down on his knee and asked me. I said, “aren’t you going to put the ring on?” — which is when he reminded me that I hadn’t said yes, yet. I said, “of course!” and pulled him up off the ground so I could throw my arms around him and of course, cry.

I knew it was coming because we picked out the ring together. I didn’t think he was going to propose when he did because until he got down on his knee, I still kept thinking he’d think it was too early. We got engaged after only 5 months of knowing each other.

The topic ‘June 2012 Brides : Engagement Stories’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors