(Closed) June 2012 Brides : Engagement Stories

posted 9 years ago in June 2012
Post # 17
3798 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

We got engaged Feb. 2011, and will be married June 1 2012, so about a 16 month engagement. That’s shorter than we originally planned! We got engaged for our 2 year anniversary at our house. He proposed right before we went to dinner…he said, you might want to wear this on our date – and he had the ring right there!

Post # 18
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

I posted this in the Awesome/Fail thread earlier, but its funny so here goes:

I found out that I messed up my proposal and would have been engaged 5-6 weeks sooner!  Last November I threw a bday party for him, and we had planned on a quick dinner before the bar party.  I called him and told him a couple was going to join us for sushi…. so he left the ring at home, and the friends cancelled at the last minute!  Oops!!!

Fast forward through the holidays (I didnt want a holiday proposal and the holidays end when the ball drops on NYE).  It was raining on NYE and we were having a good night just the two of us at home (had a long week, didn’t want to go out afterall), and I was hanging out in underwear and a long tshirt watching movies (its our apartment, whatever), and was teasing him all about “pantsless new years”.  I fell asleep as was exhausted and had had a few drinks and woke up to him bounching on my exercise ball (he had kept drinking from nerves 🙂   ), telling me to wake up for the countdown.  We stood up to count down …. the ball dropped, he went down on one knee and proposed… and I said “yes… Where are my pants, I need my pants!”   I  didn’t want to touch the ring pantsless!

Needless to say, no one knows that part!   I don’t want it coming out at the wedding! 

I grin every time I think of this story 🙂

Post # 19
904 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We went to the beach to celebrate our four year anniversary. Our last night evening we went out to eat and he told me he had a suprise. We went to the beach where we stayed the first time we came to celebrate our anniversary. He had enlisted the help of three of our friends to get things set up. There were tea candles lit in mason jars in a circle and “Marry Me” by Train was playing! Our friend were hiding but once we got to the circle he got down on one knee and I saw them jump up with cameras to take pictures! He said very sweet things and I of course said yes! It was very sweet and special. 

The topic ‘June 2012 Brides : Engagement Stories’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors