(Closed) June 2012 brides- how are things going?

posted 8 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@keepsmiling19: I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s done so much!  Who knows, you and I might be done planning a year from now with so much done already.  I’ve had a lot of help because my FI’s mom is a florist and she had a lot of connections.

Done so far:

venue, caterer, DJ and guitarist for ceremony, photographer, videographer, dress(!), hair & makeup, and florist. 

We’re working on an officiant because we’re having a Jewish wedding and we don’t currently live where our parents do where the wedding is being held.  Also we haven’t decided on invitations yet.

Did you send out engagement announcements? We told a lot of people on the phone and word of mouth to family.  I feel like it’s just so long until we get to send out save the dates!

Good luck!!

Post # 4
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Let’s see….

• Booked ceremony/venue – all in one place
  • Booked DJ
  • Booking Photog next week
  • Picked out bridal party
  • Had engagement party
  • Opened joint account w/ Fiance — HONEYMOON FUND!! πŸ˜€
  • Picked colors (yay!)
  • Started designing Save-The-Date Cards

Next up is to book videographer, officiant and florist. Oh and start dress shopping!!!

And yes, I am total type A and probably insane for planning this far in advance.

Post # 5
2714 posts
Sugar bee

@runnerbee: Oh hey just noticed.. Date twin!! πŸ™‚

Post # 6
500 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Everything is all done, except for fittings I guess.  I am just anxious for it to get here!!!

Post # 7
2714 posts
Sugar bee

@souliganprincess: O.M.G. You almost gave me a heart attack… Then I saw that you are a June 2011 bride.  πŸ˜‰

Hehe, I was like… anxious for it to get here?!?! You have a loooong wait LOL.

Post # 8
743 posts
Busy bee

Holy crap you guys are making me feel bad!  So far…we have looked at venues.  We haven’t even placed a deposit yet because we have yet to decide on a place. Oh, and I also asked my BMs to be BMs.  And I guess most importantly, we have been saving mucho dinero.  I applaud you guys for having so much together already!

Post # 9
446 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

Ooh, can I play? I am July 1, so close enough right?

– Booked photographer, venue, got dress, bought bridesmaids dresses and groomsmen’s shirts, ordered invitation paper and decided on wording, bought favors and picked colors, bought linens and all flatware, started wedding website and got airline wedding deals, and started my workout regime!!

– In the process of finalizing the playlist, videographer, and DJ

– Still need to find a Caterer and finalize flowers!!

Post # 11
1398 posts
Bumble bee

Here’s what I’ve (or we’ve, because the Fiance has been helping, gotta give him credit!) done:

• Booked our ceremony/reception venue (catering is included)
  • Booked our photographer
  • Booked our ceremony music (string quartet…yay!)
  • Booked our DJ
  • Got my dress (!)
  • Picked a color scheme
  • Picked a general look for centerpieces
  • Decided on how we’re doing table numbers
  • Planned an engagement party for Feb.
  • Opened a joint checking account with Fiance for wedding-ish funds
  • Asked my Maid/Matron of Honor, MatOH, and BMs to be in the wedding

Listing this stuff has made me feel super accomplished.  Woo!

@runnerbee & @tinytina – Hi date twins! 

Post # 12
1398 posts
Bumble bee

Ooh I forgot, we booked our officiant, too.  He’s my childhood pastor, and he’s going to come in from out of town, so I’m super pumped. πŸ™‚

Post # 13
923 posts
Busy bee

The past few weeks have been busier for me.  So far I have:

Venue booked, down payment made

Photographer booked, down payment made

Deposit made with vendor for invites/paper products

My biggest accomplishment this week which has me the most excited is I finally figured out my theme.  I made my first inspiration board and I am in love with where that part of my planning is going.

I wouldn’t have been in a hurry to book stuff so soon, but both my venue and photographer were already running out of dates in May/June of 2012, so I figured I better pull the trigger and make sure I got my first choices.

Post # 14
2714 posts
Sugar bee

Woo hoo! Booked our photog last night… I’m so excited!

Now to find a videog… Ugh.

Anyone else exhausted with vendors? I’m so ready to move on to the fun details, but I know it’s too early for that.

Post # 15
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am so going to send my SO the link for this thread. He thinks I’m insane and obsessive for trying to plan this early. Also, you guys officially have me scared to death. I have nothing booked. Not one single thing. We’re not even looking at venues until August when we’re visiting our destination wedding city!

I only have the really nebulous things “done”:

• Picked colors. I don’t have a theme and honestly didn’t know I needed one! My 13 year old son says the theme is “Pretty Happy Princess Day” but…um, yeah. No.
  • Asked my bridal party
  • Researched vendors in the area
  • Looked at dresses online
  • Have a vague notion of menu and floral ideas. We’re leaning towards a mid-morning wedding and we sure do love us some brunch! Give Mr. Scrubs a plate of corn beef hash and he’s a happy man. I’m still torn about the flowers. Part of me would like to DIY them but part of me cringes at the thought of all the work.

But that’s pretty much it! Well, I am going to look at dresses with my sister this Sunday but I doubt I will hit the jackpot on my first time out. 

Post # 16
1 posts
Wannabee

Ooh my. 

I have attended bridal shows and made lists of possible vendors for everything! I haven’t booked anything yet! ahh! I’m feeling behind now.  

First up in the venue then I won’t be so anxious.

The topic ‘June 2012 brides- how are things going?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors