(Closed) June 2012 Brides – IT’S COUNTDOWN SINGLE DIGIT TIME!

posted 6 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

~ How are you doing?
I’m okay.

~ What’s left to be done?
placecards, printing programs, have to buy some nuts and mints

~ Have you had any meltdowns?
not yet. My Fiance and I have been fighting over stupid shit though. 

~ Anything else to share with us month twins?
I cannot wait for it to be over. 

Post # 4
728 posts
Busy bee

~ How are you doing?
Good, I am sooooo excited πŸ™‚ 

Make seating chart (tables already planned), then a bunch of small last day things – put together candy bar and centerpieces, make bouquets, pack for honeymoon!, figure out how we will dance to our first dance ( I really dont want to swaddle around in a circle for 4 minutes), bridesmaids jewelry (probably creating the most stress)… not too bad! 

Ha! Most definitely πŸ™‚ But Maid/Matron of Honor or Fiance always calm me back down! 

I am so excited for the wedding but I also can’t wait for our honeymoon to Mexico! 

PS. NINE DAYS!!!!!!

Post # 5
1064 posts
Bumble bee

I  am ALMOST at a one digit countdown :). Wishing you all the best, June bees and that you may enjoy these last few days before the big day as happy as possible

Post # 6
1697 posts
Bumble bee

Hi Miss Godiva!!Wink

~ How are you doing?
I am taking two days off work to FINISH!

Im working on the day of time line, one for the wedding party that started as a book and is evolving into a power point (seriously!), A detailed instruction booklet for my wedding planner that is akin to very detailed sub plans I leave for my classroom, music play list, delivery of all my stiff to the florist ( I finished her 10 page instruction manual today) delivery of everything else to the storage unit, hire the cleaning lady to come EVERY week unitl my parents get here, finalize the cake and cupckae details ( i kept changing my mind too!) and I STILL have to figure out how to serve dinner as the caterer didn’t like my buffet idea grrr!

3. I think that is plenty.

I am in GET ER’DONE mode!
I would serious take the next 21 days off of work if I could!!!

Post # 7
1064 posts
Bumble bee

I’ll Play Laughing

~ How are you doing?
I’m okay.

Finishing Seating chart, iron a ton of summer clothes for all the suitcases and backpacks (ours and the girls’), pick the dress, veil, shoes (saturday), dye my hair, cut the organza stripes for the cars (traditional here..), cut 12 round organza pieces to cover the vases of the pansies..get the pansies!!!

Yes……a couple of weeks ago. My mum and sister were horrible with me, didn’t know what to say when i said i was stressing and just made it a lot worse. I am over it now Wink

I cannot wait for our day!!!!!!

Post # 8
768 posts
Busy bee

I’ll play, though I’m a bit later in the month!

~ How are you doing?
honestly, not good. Very stressed out at this point – can’t wait for it to be ovvvvverrrr.

Finishing Seating chart (after I finish getting the RSVPs), finalize linens/chairs, get hair dyed and eyelashes extended, final fitting, finalize song choices, make programs, finish cookies for cookie bar, make placecards, finalize timeline, final appointments with vendors, finish cardbox (luckily I have a fabulous DIY mom who can help with these things), final payments etc etc

Yes, a few, mainly over chairs, linens and people interjecting their opinion when they shouldn’t be oh and the fact that I don’t get to do anything fun lately, because all I do is wedding stuff.

We are almost done! πŸ™‚

Post # 9
1415 posts
Bumble bee

~ How are you doing?
I’m starting to get quite stressed out. I haven’t been able to focus on work all week. The only thing I can think about is the wedding. I’m excited for the wedding but I’m even more excited for it to be over.

– make a seating chart and name placeholders for the tables

– make labels and a sign for our candy buffet

– purchase gifts for our ringbearers but since they’re only 4 and 2, I’m sure they won’t be too picky.

–  find jewelry to wear.

– write my vows <—this task is stressing me out the most!

The only meltdown I had was after I got home from my hair trial because I hated how it looked and it was nothing like what I’d asked for. I took my mom with me to my trial so she could give me feedback and she didn’t say ANYTHING until we got home. I kinda lost it on her and that’s out of character for me.

Hang in there guys. This is the final stretch. We’re sooooo close to the big day! =)

Post # 10
1562 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

~ How are you doing?
I can’t believe how much is left to be done!

Finishing Seating chart (after I finish getting the RSVPs), final fitting, finalize song choices, make programs, finish cookies for cookie bar, make placecards, finalize timeline, final appointments with vendors, final payments, paint birdcage cardbox, make over 100 tulle puffs, make a backdrop for the photobooth wall, buy a tripod, make the grooms cake, buy a Maid/Matron of Honor gift, buy a readers gift, buy gifts for my nephews, buy an ushers gift, put together the bathroom baskets, and print programs.

I think I almost qualified for a self nomination to Bridezillas with my meltdowns.  OK, maybe not that bad, but I had quite my share!!!

~ Anything else to share with us month twins?                                                                     Immediately after the wedding we move so I can get my MBA!!

Post # 11
416 posts
Helper bee

~ How are you doing?
Im doing ok, just keep feeling like in forgetting something….

•  Seating chart
  •  finalize song choices,
  •  make programs (doing that as I type) 
  •  placecards
  •  finalize timeline
  •  do walk thru with caterer 
  •  final payments
  •  Wrap cardbox
  •  finalize flower choices
  •  put together the bathroom baskets
  • finalize jewelry
  • make labels for candybar
  • BUY CANDY FOR CANDYBAR

yea I had a slight issue with our chair order but I got it together before the “waterworks” started.

I dont know about you, but I will be happy when this is over !!!!!!

Post # 12
748 posts
Busy bee

~ How are you doing?
I’m surprisingly calm right now. I think the closer it gets, the more stressed I might get. Or maybe not! Who knows? πŸ™‚

-Get those last stray RSVPs settled
-Get our DJ the song list for the important stuff (i.e. first dance, Father/Daughter dance, etc)
-Have my hair and makeup trial
-Find wedding jewelry
-Finish up buying bridal party gifts
-Make the programs (we have our final meeting with our officient tonight and should have everything in order with that so we can finally start the programs)
-Decide on a signature drink with our bartender
-Get a solid actual day of timeline in place (we have a wishy washy not completely finished one right now)
-Final payments to all the vendors
-Do a flower test run since we’re DIYing our flowers
-Final meeting with our cake lady
-Write my vows
-Bachelorette party (woo!)

I haven’t really had any meltdowns, actually. We’ll see if that changes in the next 23 days. πŸ˜›

I’m so ready for the wedding day to be here and to be married! I hope everyone else has a wonderful wedding day (and the days leading up to it) as well! πŸ™‚

Post # 13
29 posts
Newbee

its funny i woke up this am and thought holy sh*t we are down to single digits…yea!  I only have today and next tuesday at work too..thank god cause I am not very productive right now!!!

~ How are you doing?
I am doing great!! I am feeling a little bored cause there is not much left to do ont he wedding!!!

finish re-doing my program fans – we had a switch in groomsman, seating chart – but that keeps changing cause people keep breaking up or getting back together..i joke i will be finishing it the day of the wedding – finish my agenda for the DOC and the girls, and then pampering…tomorrow is carpets cleaned at the house, eyebrow waxing, and haircut, next week is massage, facial, mani and pedi and then I am good to go!!!   oh and i think i will be cleaning my house like a mad woman cause we have tons of people crashing at our house.  my friends got me a house cleaner as a present but we all agreed I should use it for after they all leave..so I get the clean house for me!!!

YES…but only one 11 days from the wedding we had a huge issue with catering..our friend left his partnership in the company so the “deal” we were promissed ended up being $1400 more than we expected since he was no longer handling catering!!!

I am so excited for this wedding and I am sure all my friends and family can not wait till it is over so that I start talking about anything other than weddings!!!  Oh and I can not wait to get on my honeymoon in Playa del Carmen!!!!

Post # 14
728 posts
Busy bee

@Napakitten:  were going to Playa Del Carmen too!!!! so excited! 

Post # 15
1064 posts
Bumble bee

@Napakitten:  

Your meltdown freaked me out!!!! OMG………….. and i feel like you too πŸ™‚ Now whenever i leave work i actually miss.having 2-3 plces to go and check on the progress of favors, canvas for the seating chart, etc..which leads to the question “What am i going to do with ALL the free time i will have after the wedding????” Ha!

Post # 16
2616 posts
Sugar bee

How are you doing?
not great not bad..

stock candy bar, make up for look, seating chart paying the venue, rehersal site ,bridal party gifts)

yes. too many

The topic ‘June 2012 Brides – IT’S COUNTDOWN SINGLE DIGIT TIME!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors