(Closed) June 2012 Brides, what are your current (possibly irrational) fears?

posted 6 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
519 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

My wedding was June 2 – I definitely was freaking out over some things:

– That we’d forget the rings, my jewelry, my veil, my shoes, or something else pretty important

– That I’d fall down the aisle

-That I would not look beautiful/ my husband would not like my dress or hair or makeup

– That there would be NO food

Everything went great. Keep in mind that something is bound to go wrong, but you’ll be the only person that knows it. For me, my dad and I danced to the wrong father-daughter song. Not a soul knew this except the few people that I complained to =)

Post # 4
1297 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

We spent a lot of time cleaning bird crap off stuff that was in outdoor storage to use in our wedding, and as I was scrubbing I thought “Great. Some bird is going to come by and crap all over this during the wedding”.

Post # 5
1963 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@risingsun:  LOL!  I sincerely hope that does NOT happen to you!

Post # 7
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I’m most worried that I’ll have a headache since I’ve been having quite frequently or that it’ll be sick with some kind of stomach virus or a bad cold. I’m still really scary that a lot of people arent going to show up at all or that things wont look good when all put together since we’re decorating ourselves.

Post # 8
768 posts
Busy bee

Current top three are…

1. No one will dance/enjoy the wedding

2. I’ll forget something for the wedding (wedding is 3 hours from our house)

3. I’ll be sick for the wedding

Post # 9
43 posts
Newbee

Am worried that I will have some sort of melt-down/panic attack…. 8(

Post # 10
2815 posts
Sugar bee

It’s not a totally irrational fear, but I’m just worried about how my daughter will do on the day of our wedding. My mom and inlaws will be sharing the responsibility of looking after her (she’s 8 months old). She’s really not used to being away from me, so I hope she can hold out and be happy for most of the day/evening. Poor thing πŸ™

Also not sure how I am going to not get engorged…I don’t want to have to sneak away from the wedding to pump or breastfeed…lol

I also don’t know if I well cope well with having a ton of people around while I get ready. I think I’ll probably freak out…and already warned my mom. lol

Post # 11
3121 posts
Sugar bee

I’m afraid I’m forgetting some big logistical issue.  Right now:

-Too many people will expect to take the shuttle

-The timeline will not go as planned

I just really feel like I’m missing something huge!!

Post # 12
2584 posts
Sugar bee

Oooohhh boy. I have so many, haha.

1. I had a dream that the photographers had a last minute emergency and they had to send a replacement, who was terrible. Yikes.

2. That I will be sick in any way… nausea, diarrhea, migraine, anything… I get physically sick from being nervous. Or that I’ll faint from nerves.

3. Weird one… that someone will propose at the dance! I know, SO unlikely, but still.

4. That the dance won’t be good… we’re having a friend “laptop” our dance. I want people to dance and stay late!

5. That it will be difficult to pee…. I’m one of those people that has to pee every hour or so normally. I want to say I’ll just drink less water, but then I would probably end up dehydrated. Or just have to pee from nerves, haha.

6. That the last alterations on my dress will go wrong, or my ring which is currently being redipped will get back late.

I know, I’m so ridiculous! Most of my fears are a result of recurring wedding-related nightmares, haha.

Post # 13
963 posts
Busy bee

Mainly the weather.  Other worries- I’ll get a cold sore before the wedding, I’ll fall (I’m a clutz) before the wedding and be all scraped up, or will fall as I make my grand entrance.  Fiance will have IBS and will be late for the ceremony or spend our whole reception in the bathroom (he has a tender tummy, I have a stomach of steel).  That no one will dance.  That people will leave early.  That no one will make it to the rehearsal in time (everyone traveling).  That people will be a no show to the brunch.  That our guests won’t come (again, everyone traveling).  That we’ll forget something (and home is 6 hours away). 

The others aren’t really at the forefront of my mind, and I’m doing things to prevent what things I can (like I’m taking an antiviral to prevent a cold sore, and we’ll pack immodium for IBS).  Just the weather.

Post # 14
1844 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Oh, let’s see…

1) That a vendor won’t show up.

2) That I will forget something major.

3) That either myself or Fiance will “pull a Ross” and say someone else’s name during the vows (I just happened to watch that episode of Friends)

4) One of us will get sick.

5) People will drink too much and cause a huge spectacle.

Post # 15
31 posts
Newbee

Oh yeah, I’ve got fears, and we’re less than 24 hours away!

1. That I get sick or injured before the wedding

2. That something important is forgotten and left behind

3. That people don’t enjoy themselves

4. That I goof something up during the ceremony (we’re not having a rehearsal)

Those are the biggest ones!

The topic ‘June 2012 Brides, what are your current (possibly irrational) fears?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors