(Closed) June, 2012 Brides!!!

posted 7 years ago in Reception
Post # 3
688 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

It’s not too early to start at all!! We’re early June of 12, and we booked our venue back in January, and have our band, florist, and photographer. I’ve also started dress shopping and am going to get started on picking out invites soon (I want my Save-The-Date Cards to match and I plan to send those in August).

I say get started! There’s not much benefit to waiting, it’s so much fun you might as well enjoy it as long as you can!

Post # 4
2714 posts
Sugar bee

@KristaBaybay: I’ve been engaged since August and have half the dang thing planned already. πŸ˜€ Picked out the ceremony/venue, photog, DJ, officiant, colors, etc. You’re not early! Check out the month twins boards… There are a bunch of us June 2012 brides planning away. πŸ™‚

Post # 5
726 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Im june 2012. I have my venue, church and photog booked. All my vendors and others I have talked to are already booking into 2014!! so Def get things booked if you know what you want. I also already bought my dress πŸ™‚ thats a little soon but hey I found the one that I lovee and it was a limited collection so I had too. STD should go out a year to 9 months before so it sure isnt too soon to design those!

Get started! you will feel better that you have some things set in stone!

Post # 6
726 posts
Busy bee

Alsoo, many bridal shops will tell you dresses can take up to 8 months to come in even some bridesmaids dresses, so its never to early to start looking at those!

Post # 7
374 posts
Helper bee

i’ve been engaged since nov and i’ve got most of my planning done lol all that’s left are details!

Post # 8
374 posts
Helper bee

PS. hey date twin!! <3

Post # 9
5183 posts
Bee Keeper

im july 2012 and i have ceremony location, reception location, photographer, dress, and bridesmaid dresses bought, Save-The-Date Cards, invitation design, paid or picked! never too early to get prepared

Post # 10
833 posts
Busy bee

@KristaBaybay: date twin!!

We’ve done a bit: reception and ceremony site booked, photographer booked, ceremony dress purchased, working on invites right now.   I gave Fiance two jobs, find the officiant and the DJ so these will likely be the last things to get done πŸ˜› 

Congrats and I agree with Seaside, why wait??  πŸ™‚

Post # 11
427 posts
Helper bee

@MrsNeutrino: I really feel like a slacker! I am a July 2012 bride as well and I haven’t done much of anything. Although I have friends who are doing the flowers, cake, photography and food so the rest is up to me and I have most of it figured out in my head. We are getting married at a park that my uncle manages so that is taken care of too. I guess I do have things planned…just not booked yet due to money issues. We are using our 2012 taxes to pay for our wedding so we have to wait until after this coming winter to get things 100% squared away. But I know exactly what I want and all of those little details too πŸ™‚

Post # 12
1679 posts
Bumble bee

We felt like we were doing well, but I’d love to have a couple more big decisions made by the one year mark.

So far, we have the venue, catering, and photographer set.  My dress is probably squared away, but I don’t have it yet.  I got my Save the Dates already, but know they won’t be sent for quite some time.

We need to get music, cake, the officient, flowers, favors, invitations…eek.  I don’t want to even log into The Knot as see all the junk on that to do list!  When I first got engaged, I made fun of The Knot’s list.  Now, I fear it.

Post # 13
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

We booked our venue and church in February, booked the dj and photog, bought my dress, down payment on the cake, set a theme and picked centerpieces. I REALLY want to do the food tasting but we can’t do that until 4 months before. BOO!

Post # 14
911 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

yay!!!!!!! Hi! I have gone to a catering tasting, looked at venues, and tried on dresses once. We have a year and 1 month to get our shit together! LOL When will you guys buy your dress?

Post # 16
2362 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

@KristaBaybay: 6 months is short notice for some designers! Did you ask your bridal store how long it usually takes for that designer to ship and come in?

The topic ‘June, 2012 Brides!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors