(Closed) June 2012 — Registries?

posted 7 years ago in June 2012
  • poll: June 2012 brides, have you registered yet?
    We have registered for everything already. : (11 votes)
    27 %
    We just have a small registry going for now and will add more to it closer to the wedding. : (9 votes)
    22 %
    We have thought about it and will register sometime in the next few months. : (15 votes)
    37 %
    We haven't even thought about it yet; probably won't until closer to the wedding. : (5 votes)
    12 %
    We aren't registering. : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Other (explain!) : (0 votes)
  • Post # 3
    408 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

We’re probably going to register in the next few weeks for a lot of the reasons you said. 

Post # 4
    413 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

Im looking forward to do this, I’ve always what to scan things like they do in the movies, lol. We wont put together our registry until closer to the wedding, if you do it too early some stock may change or may not be available at all. So maybe 3 months before our date.

Post # 5
    1723 posts
    Bumble bee

We went ahead and registered.  I’m finishing up law school and then taking the bar so free time to do wedding stuff is slim.  I wanted to have them done when we sent our save the dates last month.  I know it’s early but our wedding is destination and I want to give people time to plan ahead.

Post # 6
    2750 posts
    Sugar bee

We’re completely done.  We are having a destination wedding so there was not much to register because we’d rather have people there than buy us gifts.  So we have our registries at Bed Bath & Beyond and Honeyfund (for activites on the honyemoon)

Post # 7
    2714 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

We haven’t started thinking about the registry yet, but I think we’re going to have to soon.

We aren’t sending our Save-The-Date Cards out til January-ish (I think, we haven’t decided yet) so even though it has our wedding website on it, we still have some time.

I’ve been putting it off honestly because even though Fiance and I live together practically everything we own is an old, crappy hand-me-down (I mean we literally only own 1 pan… it’s pretty pathetic)… So we kinda have to start from scratch with the registry. Plus Fiance and I very, very different tastes so I have a feeling it’s going to be exhausting….

Post # 8
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee

We had started a small registry very early on (at the prodding of my family who wanted to use it for engagement gifts) but we went and made other and more complete registries last weekend! It was fun and overwhelming at the same time!

Post # 9
    2425 posts
    Buzzing bee

@TinyTina: I feel ya! We are in same boat, most of our stuff is old college crap, so we are upgrading those things and getting things that we just haven’t needed before (things for special occasions, roasting pans, electric knives, etc)

And yes, it IS exhausting! Both in store because there are so many choices it’s overwhelming, but also agreeing on things. It was such a pain to find china we agreed on, when we finally did, it wound up being formal china (which I hadn’t intended on registering for) instead of casual china! But I’m just going with it lol.

We missed a bunch of stuff we should have registered for too, lol.

Post # 10
    10714 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

I think were registering in November just because things will be very busy in December and then after that it’ll be a fight of weather vs. free time and we could end up having to do it April (which would probably not be fun for the guests.)

Post # 11
    329 posts
    Helper bee

I’m technically an end of May 2012 bride so I hope you don’t mind me voting but we’ve already registered for everything.  I mean I’m sure we may edit a little bit as time goes on but we’re getting ready to send out our Save-The-Date Cards and just like you we have our website on there and want to list our registries.  We didn’t really register for seasonal items.  We stuck with the the basics that we knew would be available season after season.

Post # 12
    542 posts
    Busy bee

We also went ahead and registered early. We figured we can always go back to the store and add to it or change it or even change it online.

Post # 13
    114 posts
    Blushing bee

We haven’t registered yet.

Mainly because we haven’t really had time to sit down and be like “what do we want?”

I know what I want, but, of course, it’s his registry, too 😉

Also, his parents need a slow, gradual process.  So, we really can’t be doing a lot at once 😐 

Oh, well.  Soon!

The topic ‘June 2012 — Registries?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors