(Closed) June 2012 – Save the Dates?

posted 9 years ago in June 2012
  • poll: June 2012 brides, have you sent your STDs yet?!

Yes, they've been mailed!

Nope, not even thinking about them yet

Working on them

We're not sending STDs

• Post # 3
    58 posts
    Worker bee

I am getting married next year, August 18th 2012. We already shared some of our STD’s out for our friends we know are moving abroad, so they know what is going down next year and to keep ahead of planning for both us and the guests. We don’t know where we will be living either, so we thought of starting to share them already in september – november for the rest. 

Post # 4
    275 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

My date is 6/2/12 and I just mailed mine on Monday. 

Post # 5
    84 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Is it just me, but I thought 6 months in advance was typical for sending out Save the Dates? Either way, we probably won’t be sending them out until the Fall.

Post # 6
    923 posts
    Busy bee

I’m a 6/2/12 bride, and I’m shooting to start working on picking mine out next week and to have them in the mail by the end of the summer.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 7
    135 posts
    Blushing bee

I was thinking to send them out in Sept/Oct. and was thinking that was maybe too soon, but sounds like it’s not?

Post # 8
    275 posts
    Helper bee

I think typically it’s 6-8 months to send them.  We have a LOT of out of towners though so we decided to send them out a bit earlier in case people wanted to look into travel arrangements.  People who have to fly may want to book their flights as soon as allowed to get the better prices… that was my logic! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 9
    688 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

Same date as lots of other posters and I thought I’d send mine in September. No real idea what i want them to look like yet.

Kinda wouldn’t mind getting a bunch of no’s though, our guest list is out of control.

Post # 10
    10713 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper

I don’t know if were doing STD’s yet because it’s money we could use for something else… however I fear the same thing with getting a lot of ‘no’s’ not because of other weddings but because it’s festival/rave season and I’m sure something will fall on the weekend of our wedding that most of our friends will have a hard time choosing between lol. We pushed the wedding to the end of June because the weekend we wanted to do it originally was the same weekend as a festival I didn’t want to miss and neither did our friends or DJ’s lol.

Post # 11
    83 posts
    Worker bee

We’re going to send ours out 6 months in advance, all of our close friends and family already know the date ๐Ÿ™‚  We pushed ours back one week to the 30th, because it seemed like a LOT of people were getting married on the 23rd!

Post # 12
    700 posts
    Busy bee

Geez, I thought I was early in thinking of sending them out between Thanksgiving and Christmas, before the 6-month mark. Most of the family knows about the wedding already, but maybe we’ll send them out sooner. Now I’m thinking Sept-Oct-ish. FH will be happy – he wants to send them out early anyway.

Post # 13
    37 posts
    Newbee

My fiance are getting married 6/28/12 because it’s our anniversary- even though its a Thursday. Almost all our guests are from out of town, so we’re sending them out early- in late October. Everyone who matters already knows the date though, since I called them to secure their presence. I think as long as you let the people its most important to have there know as soon as you can, you’re good. I personally feel like a year out is too early for a save the date, just because I want more time than that to make sure my guest list is finalized. Everyone’s different though– if they’re ready, go for it!

Post # 14
    1679 posts
    Bumble bee

We have ours done, but are waiting until November or December to mail them.

Post # 15
    169 posts
    Blushing bee

We had an anniversary dinner on 3 June this year (our ten year anniversary) where we announced that we had set the date of next June3. We handed out Save-The-Date Cards to immediate family there and have posted more since. We have half the family living a couple hours away from us and the date is a Sunday (before a holiday Monday)

Post # 16
    7 posts
    Newbee

Our wedding is 6/20/12 and we’re looking to send ours out to the out of towners at the end of August/September. We’ll send a second “local” batch a few months after. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘June 2012 – Save the Dates?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors