(Closed) June 2012 — showers?

posted 6 years ago in June 2012
Post # 3
3799 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Is it crazy that I don’t want one? I’m planning on not having one and not asking anyone to plan it. I am terrified to get gifts – Fiance and I recently cleaned out a house after a family member passed away and we have absolutely everything we could ever want or need.

Maybe mid-January email your Future Mother-In-Law and ask her if she wants help planning? I know you don’t want to be too involved but maybe you could just ask her and see what she says. If she is somewhat traditional she might not want you to really help anyhow, but might give you an idea as to what she is thinking. I would give her a few weeks, though, since she wanted to wait until after the holidays and I know some people are nutty with ‘omg holiday season’ stuff!!

Post # 4
4284 posts
Honey bee

My Future Sister-In-Law offered to throw my shower. I brought it up after a couple months by saying when do you need my list of guests? Also my wedding is June 9th and the shower is in April. Mostly due to the Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties being in May due to Memorial Day… etc.

Post # 5
306 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

My wedding is June 2, 2012 and I know that my Maid/Matron of Honor is planning to have my shower the first weekend in April. 🙂

Post # 6
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

My Maid/Matron of Honor is planning mine for the wednesday before my friday wedding so as many of the out of towners can make it as possible, and because she’s an ER RN so she can only get so many days off. :o)

Post # 7
2714 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Mine is at the end of April. We haven’t planned much yet…. We just picked a location. Everything else is going to get done after the holidays. I think you have plenty of time!

Post # 8
2750 posts
Sugar bee

I don’t know if I’m getting a shower, but I know my ladies have been whispering about a bachelorette LOL

Post # 9
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Yes my Maid/Matron of Honor is planning my shower, the venue has been booked and I’ll get the invites this week although they wont be posted till mid January.

Post # 10
10714 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I want one but I doubt I’ll be able to afford to throw one. My bridesmaids are younger siblings and they don’t even care about the wedding so I’m alone in everything and already extremely broke.

Post # 11
2554 posts
Sugar bee

I was worried I wouldn’t get a shower. I want the whole wedding experience! 🙂 I don’t think any of my friends have thought about it, but my mom is throwing one for sure. We just don’t know when though since I will be living in Victoria next month and getting married in St. John’s and don’t know how soon I can get there.

Post # 12
378 posts
Helper bee

My sister is my Maid/Matron of Honor and my mother is close to both of us (I only have 1 sis), and I asked her to let me know around when she would throw the shower (she had mentioned already that she wanted to throw me one with my sister) and she mentioned sometime in April (and that’s the only piece of info I wanted to know!) But IDK where it is in the planning stages…

Post # 13
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I don’t think it’s too early – you can maybe ask her if she had a tentitive date so that you can make sure you’re free that day (or something?)  Then that will get the ball rolling.  I’m sort of winging it with a timeline for my wedding, but this is what I’m doing (feel free to modify with what works for you!)  My shower is 6 weeks before my wedding, the invites are going out about 4 weeks before the shower (giving people time to RSVP), and then we’re going to register about 2ish weeks before the invites go out. 

You by no means need to have your shower 6 weeks before your wedding (I’ve been to showers months and months before the wedding and I’ve been to showers 2 weeks before the wedding).  It’s just what works best for you.  Good luck and have fun!

Post # 14
2425 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

We are in the initial stages of planning showers. I am having 2 (one in my hometown, and one where both sides of my extended family live). We are currectly trying to figure out dates for both of them. We are leaning towards the out of town one April 7th, and the hometown one April 22nd. They are 1.5-2 months out from the wedding, but since I am not living in either of those areas, it takes some coordinating to arrange trips!

Post # 15
39 posts
Newbee

My sister is my Maid/Matron of Honor and she is planning everything =)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Post # 16
156 posts
Blushing bee

Looks like mine is going to be on April 14th. 

The topic ‘June 2012 — showers?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors