(Closed) June 2013 Babies – Part 10!

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 422
562 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@Bichon Frise:  I’m interested to hear your decision, because I have a similar situation.  DH’s best friend is getting married on June 9th, 12 days before my due date.  DH is the best man, so he has to go.  It’s a 3.5 hour car trip.  We’ve told them that I might not be there.  I asked my OB what she thought and she said it all depends, and that if I’ve been having Braxton Hicks a lot, or if I’m not feeling up to it that I shouldn’t go, but if I’m feeling ok that she didn’t see why not.  I think I’m going to schedule my Dr. appt for that week on the day before we would leave, and if I’m dilated at all or showing any kind of worrisome symptoms then I just won’t go.

Post # 423
625 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Bichon Frise:  I say bow out gracefully by blaming it on your OB. I’m pretty sure if you asked  him/her they would tell you that 4 hours away is too great of distance that far along in your pregnancy anyways. Good luck!

Post # 424
3260 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Bichon Frise:  That’s a tough call, the likelihood of going in to labour is fairly low.. but the odds of you being incredibly uncomfortable are almost 100%. I would say it depends how close you are with the cousin, but truly if you need to ask us I think you’ve made your decision.. sometimes we need to miss things like this. Actually, I will be missing one of my closest cousin’s graduation as well because it’s the day before my due date and it would be about 5 hours drive away. If you do decide you’re going to go, map out a few hospitals on your route, just in case. A guy that I work with was heading out to visit family 5 hours away with his wife who was about 35 weeks and she suddenly had a placental abruption and starting bleeding heavily so they detoured to the nearest hospital where they were able to keep the baby in for 2 more days but she ultimately had to deliver early. Everyhting turned out ok and it’s clearly a VERY rare thing to happen but always good to know where nearby hospitals are :).

View original reply
@saltybalty:  You being so organized totally kicked my butt into gear, I did a major shop for pretty much everything I was missing for my hospital bag/after care. I went on a pad, granny panty, witch hazel, breast pad, nipple cream etc… shopping spree today and I’m starting to feel much better :). Also, awesome that you’ve started dilating! At least your body is taking a step in the right direction.

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  So glad the baby turned for you!! What a good little boy.

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  Love your pictures!! Makes me jealous and thinking we should of done some mat photos hehe.. I had to save my money for newborn photos.

View original reply
@araneidae:  Hope your baby gets spinning in there!

It’s been a busy week already and it’s just going to get crazier! I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and then my cousin is coming in to town because my shower is on Saturday! Then on Sunday I have to attend a bridal shower.. I’m going to be pooped come monday (I’m tired just thinking about it). It’s starting to get really warm here which I’m happy about but I already break a sweat on my own, I don’t need the weather to help me with that one lol.. I’m just glad I won’t be pregnant into the hottest parts of summer at least. I’m glad my shower is finally here, then at least we can know what we need to purchase on our own and get it done. Starting to get anxious about having everything ready for our little one.

And can I say.. I can’t wait to find out if I’ve been carrying a boy or a girl this whole time! Holy cow team green can be hard hehe. Everyone (and I mean everyone, even neighbors and coworkers.. and the odd stranger) thinks I’m having a girl. Only my mom and I thinking it might be a little boy.

Post # 425
1218 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Bichon Frise:  No way would I go. My dr doesn’t want me traveling further than an hour away from the hospital after 36 weeks, not to mention I swell up and my back , legs, and feet kill me when  I sit for too long. I’d say you have the perfect reason to bow out. 

Post # 426
1218 posts
Bumble bee

Double post.

Post # 427
1218 posts
Bumble bee

We bit the bullet and hired a doula. We met with her tonight and I am REALLY excited! 

Post # 428
776 posts
Busy bee

@ellebeerob:  awesome, good for you! I totally wanted a doula but between my husband feeling kind of slighted like a doula would take ‘his’ role, and the midwives wanting permission to bring along their student midwives, I started to figure it was not worth pushing it. I’m excited to hear about it though, does she just come when you are in labour or do you guys meet up again beforehand? Glad to hear your baby turned, I sure hope mine does soon!! What do you think it was that turned him? I’m going to start swimming every day I think. I’m 33 weeks today… clock is ticking!

Post # 429
215 posts
Helper bee

@MrsSawyer:  Ha ha, glad I could be a good influence! Doesn’t having all of those last minute “extras” feel like a big deal or like you’re that much closer? It did for me. I hope you have a great shower and get to rest up a little after this weekend!

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  Excited to hear about your experience with your doula! Now your husband will have some extra support and hopefully won’t want your Mother-In-Law in the room!

Post # 430
444 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

@Bichon Frise:  I have to agree with everyone here… I wouldn’t go. I mean, I’m only at 32 weeks and I’m pretty uncomfortable now. I can’t imagine trying to go on a long car trip at 37 weeks. Yikes! I think blaming it on your doctor is a perfect solution that no one will be able to reasonably argue with. I would totally do that in your place.

I am oddly totally overwhelmed by the idea of packing a hospital bag. I mean, what do you even put in there? I know I need some clothes (no idea how to figure out what though), toiletries, my breast pump, pillow, maybe a breastfeeding pillow, and a couple of outfits in different sizes for bringing home the baby. And I know Mr Lox needs clothes and toiletries too. And of course, our phones/gadgets and chargers. But do we need other stuff? I haven’t really researched it yet. I’m in complete denial that this baby is ever coming out! Ha! ๐Ÿ˜‰

(I’m not crazy… obviously we want this child. I’m just so suddenly overwhelmed by the fact that we’re going to be PARENTS. I mean….. yeah. That’s huge. And of course it was the goal all along, but right now it seems so huge and scary! I can’t be the only one feeling this way sometimes.)

Post # 431
304 posts
Helper bee

@Mrs. Lox:  There are a ton of packing lists out there, a lot of which seem to be overkill to me. Our doctor gave us a list (which originally came from the hospital) that says what you definitely need (and what they don’t supply…we have to bring our own diapers, wipes and pads for example), what would be nice to have, and what you should refrain from bringing (nothing scented, nothing that needs to be plugged in, no need to bring a sitz bath as they will provide it if necessary, etc.). That was the most helpful to me. So maybe check to see if your hospital has something similar? They also went over what to pack in our pre-natal class…I already knew most of it at that point, but they gave suggestions for things to bring for comfort during labour that I wouldn’t have thought of.

And you’re not the only one…I get overwhelmed sometimes too! I just try to keep checking things off my list because that makes it seem more manageable!

Post # 432
1534 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

*cries* I woke up this morning only to find out that Ju Ju Be bags were on baby steals last night for 50% off. And I missed them! I’m so sad ๐Ÿ™ I desperately want one of these diaper bags, but I can’t justify the $120 price tag that comes along with them. they were 50% off.

boo.

Post # 433
3260 posts
Sugar bee

@anotherbee:  It looks like there’s still one print available in the archive. Were you looking for a specific one?

Post # 434
1691 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@bwaychick:  In your case, I would not go. That wedding is very close to your due date, even closer than the graduation is to mine. It just seems too risky.

View original reply
@Sweethart:  
View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  
View original reply
@ellebeerob: 
View original reply
@Mrs. Lox: Thanks for your responses! I’m planning to stay home. That was my original decision, but I just started questioning it since everyone really wants me to go. However, I need to do what is best for me and the baby.

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  I hired a doula a couple months ago. I think it was one of the best decisions I made regarding my pregnancy! Just knowing she’ll be there to comfort and motivate me during my labor makes me feel more at ease. DH and I have no idea what we’re doing, but she has lots of experience. I know she’ll be very helpful when the time comes. 

Post # 435
1534 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@MrsSawyer:  oh! you gave me hope! Unfortunately, that’s a little too girly for a baby boy diaper bag. Thanks for pointing it out though! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 436
3260 posts
Sugar bee

@anotherbee:  Well you’re a girl and you’re the one carrying it ๐Ÿ™‚ haha. I don’t think a diaper bag needs to match the gender of the baby but in any case, glad I could point it out in case it was an option!

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies – Part 10!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors