(Closed) June 2013 Babies Part 12- They are being born :)

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 257
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@Cwoodward:  I’m definitely getting anxious at the thought of L and D, and then the thought of the postpartum recovery is just terrifying!  Add on top of that, the life changing event of having an actual person to keep alive, and it’s a whole lot.  I’m just trying to take things one day at a time.  I’m telling myself, there’s no reason to panic, because it’s all inevitable, right?

Post # 258
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  hubby was adopted from a town a half hour to an hour away from his parents. They knew they were selected and getting him. Met with the mom and dad a few times and were called when he was born and showed up about 2 hours later. So maybe they just don’t know what’s expected or normal? I don’t know. Kind of makes me happy that they won’t be in my business but sad that we won’t get a super early newborn shot with them. 

Post # 259
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  That’s great news!

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  Glad you got your breast pump! Sounds like you have everything ready for the baby.

View original reply
@MyFavouriteChords:  I really have no feelings about when I’ll go into labor. I don’t even like to think about it, because I don’t want to be disappointed if it doesn’t happen that day. It’s completely out of my control.

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I would feel down if my in-laws didn’t seem excited about seeing the baby. Maybe they are trying not to step on anyone’s toes. Everyone has different ways of showing they care. 

View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  Glad you got some more clothes! I know I have a ton of clothes that people have been giving me. Unfortunately all of it is 0-6 month, so I’ll need to go shopping for the larger sizes later.

View original reply
@Cwoodward:  I try not to think about L&D too much, because the thought of it does freak me out. I have a supportive husband and a doula who will be helping me through it, so hopefully it won’t be too bad.

Post # 260
2849 posts
Sugar bee

I had my weekly appointment today. I’m 37 weeks and 3 days, and my fundal height is measuring at 38, so I’m no longer measuring far ahead! I’m really happy that the measurement went down, since I didn’t want to go for an ultrasound. I know they can be really off as far as predicting a baby’s weight.

I also found out I’m negative for group B strep, so that’s good news! I can continue with my no IV at the hospital plan.

Post # 261
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Yeah at about 7 AM today I actually emailed the doctor who sent me to the hospital yesterday. I wanted her to know that I’d been released and was still running high, and get her to tell me if there was anything I should do. She called me less than 2 hours later and put me on modified bed rest. As it turns out, while I didn’t have pre-eclampsia, I’m right on the border. So there is a call for something to be done. And no one ever would have done it if I hadn’t asked. Sometimes I really hate doctors.

Post # 262
409 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Some of us have posted update Q&A’s, hope more people do. 

I’m sure a lot of us will post more updates when our little ones arrive. 

Post # 263
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  they seem excited when its just us. His parents couldn’t stop buying things for him for their house and ours. I don’t get why they would want to show up hour(s) late. But whatever I guess. Yay for a good dr appointment!!  

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  SimplyChic and I are talking about bad dr’s who don’t listen to the new moms instinct. 🙁 I’m glad you let your dr know and they did something though! 

Post # 264
394 posts
Helper bee

I have been having the best day today! First (as I mentioned before) a co-worker dropped off a bunch of hand-me-down clothes for me, then a big group of co-workers took me out for lunch (I still have a week of work left, but next week will be really busy so they wanted to do it a bit early). As if that weren’t enough, they also all signed a really sweet card and chipped in for a BRU giftcard. I was so touched, I really didn’t expect anything as I work with almost entirely guys! One of the ladies gave me some Burt’s Bees baby bath products too, as they were her favorites when her boys were little. It was so nice of all of them!

So now I need to figure out how to thank them all! (it was people from various departments/roles, and not everyone who signed the card made it out to lunch) I’m thinking I’ll bring in some baked treats next week and leave some at my desk and some at my manager’s desk, then send out a thank you email to everyone directing them to the treats!

Post # 265
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  awww how sweet of your coworkers!

Post # 266
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Exciting news!!!  Ellebeerob updated us on the facebook group.  She is currently in labor and expecting baby C to come tonight or tomorrow!!

Post # 267
2849 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MissChanandlerBong:  That’s so nice of your coworkers! I think your idea of thanking them sounds good.

View original reply
@MrsDW:  That is exciting! I can’t wait for an update!

Post # 268
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

Yesterday may have been a false alarm but today isn’t. I’m checking in for my induction now. 

Post # 269
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  eek!!! Exciting!!good luck momma!

Post # 270
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  Good luck momma!! Keep us updated when you can! 🙂

Post # 271
887 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  Good luck, and good for you for making it this far! Sending positive vibes your way. 

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies Part 12- They are being born :)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors