(Closed) June 2013 babies, part 13!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 482
80 posts
Worker bee

@chelseaRichard:  @MrsDW:  @stillme:  congrats on your babies! So glad things went well! 

My update: Started pitocin at 7am, dr broke my water at 8ish (that and the cervical checks hurt soooo badly that dr ordered the epidural even though the contractions weren’t hurting or painful). The epi didn’t hurt at all compared to the cervical checks. But everything is great now ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m at 6cm and 80% effaced, so hopefully not much longer!

Post # 483
409 posts
Helper bee

Oooh, i see you June Mama’s are in the middle of another baby boom, how exciting!!

Post # 484
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I’m back! Typing one-handed as I have a beautiful baby boy sleeping on me named Benjamin. He arrived on Monday after a long and difficult labor/delivery, weighing in at 8lbs13oz. I didn’t make it through naturally, but I’m just happy that I (very narrowly) avoided an emergency c-section. It did unfortunately mean forceps and episiotomy to get him out in time. Very scary experience at the end, he was stunned from the process so took a while to recover. I don’t know that I’ll be able to post my full birth story because it’s still very upsetting to me, but we’ll see how things go. The important part is that we’re both doing great now. We arrived home last night, exhausted but happy!

I’m way behind on the thread, but too busy at the moment to catch up! Congrats to all the other June mamas who have given birth!

Post # 485
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

My precious Patrick Duncan was born on June 12th at 9:44 AM. Weighing 6 lbs 12 oz and 20 1.4 inches long.  I was admitted on that Tuesday afternoon because my water broke but I was only 1 centimeter dialated so they told me it would be a long night. I almost had to have a csection becasue his heart rate dropped a few times but then it stablized but they did give me an epidural in case I did have to have an emergency csection. The actual delivey and pushing was a piece of cake becasue of the epidural. I’m in more pain now becasue I’ve thrown out my back (most likely due to my large breasts and my poor postioning while trying to breast feed….be careful mamas)!

Post # 486
4354 posts
Honey bee

Getting ready to go to the hospital soon, Darling Husband is packing up all our last minute things. We went to the zoo today to walk around and hopefully induce labor. After 4 hours straight of walking and having contractions here and there (and more bloody show) we came home and contractions just got more painful, closer together and have been steadily increasing for the last 4 hours. 

They are about 4-5 minutes apart, lasting 1-1.5mins and getting more intense and painful but I’m still able to breathe through them. I will update when I can. 

Post # 487
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

I promise to get back and comment when I can. Thanks for all the well wishes, things have been interesting the last 24 hours. They became super concerned about his blood sugar numbers because of my GD. But he’s all cleared for that. We are being discharged today and on our own until my mom comes out on Saturday. Kind of freaked out about that, but we’ll do since he has been soooo sleepy (watch me jinx myself here). And I had to share a picture we took yesterday before he hit 1 day old… 

We learned he is ready for his 1 year birthday cake smash. ๐Ÿ™‚ we were all laughing too hard to get pictures of his hand covered in blue frosting. 

Post # 488
1404 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

July mama popping in …. Wow you June mamas have been busy! So many beautiful babies – a big congratulations to all of you!!

Post # 489
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Popping in to say a quick hi and congrats to all the new mamas! We are getting discharged today, and my mom flies in this morning. I’m excited to go home. Will post some pics and my birth story when I get to my computer at home. I’m guessing there might be a new thread by then? Oh, and if anyone is updating the final list before the new thread, Lena was born on the 18th at 7am! 

Post # 490
695 posts
Busy bee

I’m gonna try posting a pic from my phone… Don’t know if it’ll work…

Post # 491
695 posts
Busy bee

Sideways! But you get the gist! 

Post # 492
80 posts
Worker bee

@bwaychick:  yay congrats!

@MrsSawyer:  good luck! Sending good vibes your way!

@MissChanandlerBong:  sorry about the long and difficult delivery, but congrats on baby boy! I also had forceps and an episiotomy (with third degree tear), but it was quick and only the recovery has been sort of painful. Hopefully it heals quick for both of us!

As for my update, we had our baby girl at 5:21pm yesterday, June 19. She weighed 8lbs, 1 oz and was 21 in long. Super beautiful and already in love! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 493
820 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m so excited to seE all these beautiful babies being born! Congrats to all you new mamas! Enjoy every minute with your new little ones, they grow way too fast. Luke is already almost 3 weeks old and the changes I see in him are remarkable. Can’t wait to see the rest of our June babies arrive ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 494
827 posts
Busy bee

It just amazes me that I have one of these cute little babies sitting an inch under my skin.  So close, yet so far.

All of these babies are gorgeous!  Congrats to all of the new moms!

Post # 495
820 posts
Busy bee

So for you ladies who are breastfeeding I’ve been using this resource http://www.breastfeedinginc.ca and I have found it super helpful! The videos about different latch’s are amazing because it provides a great visual, and there are some super informative links too. Also the website http://www.biologicalnurturing.com provides a good video about a breastfeeding position called Instinctive Latch (under the For Mothers, heading). A lot of us mom’s on the FB group have used it and find it really comfortable. 

Hope this is helpful to some of you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 496
2849 posts
Sugar bee

Wow, looks like a lot of babies have been born this week! I haven’t been on Weddingbee for a couple days, because I was actually giving birth too! I’m too tired to write out my birth story at the moment, but it was a very long and difficult labor. However, Oliver is a healthy and happy little boy! I’m so happy to finally meet him and hold him in my arms! He was born Thursday, June 20 at 6:30pm and weighs 8 pounds 15 ounces.

The topic ‘June 2013 babies, part 13!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors