(Closed) June 2013 babies, part 13!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 497
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Its funny to see how posts have withered down as more and more of us go!  Max was born 6/19 clocking in at 8lbs and 13ounces.  I took well to the induction intially,  followed by some hiccups where they thought I’d need a c-section b/c he was staying at negative 2,  followed by it escalating and pushing him out in 20 minutes!  Because of the fast paced pushing I have a nasty 2.5 degree tear– i totalled 1.5 hours of stitches.  I think the pain is OK until I try spacing out pain meds… so I guess I’m still healing.  Breast feeding has by far been the hardest,  he wasn’t putting out enough urine so now I’m feeding every 2 hours which is wiping me out.  I supplemented with 15ml of formula today and he reached his pee goal,  so maybe we can work on longer sessions further apart eventually.  Congrats to everyone that has made it thus far… the home stretch is here for the rest of you!  Of course little man (or big man at almost 9 pounds!) is worth all the pain and feedings,  it is obviously just a lot right now.

Post # 498
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Just a quick update, I will post more details when I’m more awake. After 37.5 hours of back labor without meds and another 13 hours with an epidural (which I think saved my life because I’ve never been in so much pain before. We pushed for an hour but baby never turned from posterior and was trying to be born with the side of it’s head and has bruising to prove it:( so I ended up needing a non emergency c-section. 

We have a gorgeous baby BOY who doesn’t have a name just yet but weighed 8 lbs 5 oz, 22 inches long, with apgar scores of 9 and 9. He is totally gorgeous and we are beyond smitten. Breast feeding has been a bit of a challenge so but we are working on if. I’ll update again when I’ve slept some more!

Post # 499
409 posts
Helper bee

Congratulations to each and every single one of you. You June Mama’s have been busy. What an adorable group, loving all the photo’s. 

Can’t wait to see an updated roll call, there can’t be many off you left after this second boom.

Post # 500
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hey all. Typing on my iPhone so please excuse typos! Will post a birth story in a few days. Hunter Allan was born on Wednesday June 19 at 1:54 pm after a little over 12 hrs of labour. We  are headed home from the hospital today. 

Post # 501
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

@MrsSawyer:  my boy got stuck tofed rom having his head turned the wrong way as well!!

Post # 502
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

I feel horrible about complaining that ill be the last one on the boards and no one will be around to talk to me… And here I stopped commenting. πŸ™

I realized we never officially said his name here. It’s Maxwell James (we’re calling him Max for short).  There was almost 2 days worth of debating over his middle name. I had originally wanted my maiden name as a 2nd middle name, but after he was born I suddenly became ok with not using it. 

We had a bad first night home with Max so we spent most of yesterday sleeping. My mom is coming today to help for awhile so hopefully I can be on the bee more. 

Who is all left here? How are things going? Talk of inductions? 

Post # 503
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@MrsDW:  I’m still here.  But I’m not due for another week.  Just a couple of days ago I started to get uncomfortable.  I get this lower back pain right above my right butt cheek when I stand/walk.  It comes and goes.  And then I have this nagging upper back pain – assumingly just from carrying this big belly around.

I’ve been taking evening primrose oil every day and also drinking red raspberry leaf tea every day.  I dread having the back labor.  I hear that is terrible.

Only 5 more days of work and I’m officially on maternity leave.

Post # 504
827 posts
Busy bee

I just used the bathroom and noticed some blood on the toilet paper!!  Yay!  The first sign of *something*!

Post # 505
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@kelly105:  Are you taking the EPO orally? I’ve heard it works better if you insert it in your vagina. SimplyChic (not sure if you remember her, she used to post here) had her water break after 2 days. I really hope you don’t have back labor, I did towards the end because Max was determined to come out sideways. Hopefully you’re pain is just sciatic nerve pain. I’m crossing my fingers that you get to have that baby soon!!

Post # 506
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@kelly105:  omg yay! Can’t believe I’m this happy to hear about someone else’s bloody show. But woo! Can’t wait to hear more updates πŸ™‚

Post # 507
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

@kelly105:  woo! That’s exciting!! When I had my bloody show after getting the gel on Tuesday night, I freaked out a bit cause it ment things were happening! Fingers crossed its not much longer for you!

Post # 508
827 posts
Busy bee

@MrsDW:  I take 1000mg orally and 1000mg vaginally.  I’ve been doing that for the past week.

I don’t think the blood was the mucus plug.  It was just a tinge of red.  I had sex this morning at my husband’s request. πŸ™‚  So maybe that just irritated my cervix.  It was nice to see something though.  I’m only a week from my due date so obviously I thinking that everything is a symptom.  I haven’t seen blood come out of my vagina since Sept. ’12!  πŸ™‚

@anotherbee:  Thank you!  πŸ™‚  I’m so anxious.  It feels like “going into labor” is something that is never going to happen. 

Post # 509
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@kelly105:  Good luck to you!  At least you’re not overdue yet.

I’m loving all of these baby pics and labor stories!  So I guess I’ll post mine if anyone is still around:

On Monday morning, June 17 I started having contractions every 10 minutes for about an hour.  But then they went away when I got up, so I assumed it was false labor and went on with my day.  I went to my friend’s house for lunch, and we were going to go for a walk after, but I didnt feel like it so I went home.  Then later in the day I thought, I should do something active, so I started my prenatal yoga dvd.  Soon after I started the contractions started coming about every ten minutes, and I finished the dvd and thought, well if I sit down and they stop, I’ll know it’s false labor, but they didn’t stop.  So I told Darling Husband and we started getting stuff ready in case we really had to go to the hospital.  So we went for a few walks off and on, and they contractions were coming longer and stronger and closer together. About 7 hours later we called the doc and went to the hospital.  I waited in triage for 2 hours before getting a bed and getting hooked up to a fetal monitor.  Then, after an hour or so an intern came to check my dilation.  I was 6 cm.  So she inserted some tool and broke my water, and then I saw the bloody show and mucus plug.  We told them that I wanted an epidural, but they said they were really busy, and they’d get to me.  I started to see the writing on the wall then- there was serious baby boom happening, and they were short staffed.  But anyway, I was in my triage bed for two hours, and then at 3:45 they finally took me to my labor room.  There I met my nurse, (who was Awesome) and the contractions continued.  It was agonizing, and they kept telling me I was next in line for an epi, but no one was coming.  Then a resident checked me and I was 8 cm, and the nurse told me I was already in transition, so I knew I wasn’t going to get my epi.  The doctor came in, and I started pushing at around 5:45.  After pushing for a while, I wasn’t progressing fast enough, and her heart rate started dropping, so the doctor decided to do a vaccuum assist.  So they called a pediatrician in, and he inserted the vaccuum to attach it to her head (which was excruciating, but I didn’t even care because I knew I needed help getting her out) and then we did two more sets of pushes and she was born at 6:58am.  6 pounds 7oz, 20 inches long.  Of course we are so in love with her.  The crazy part was, about a half hour after I started pushing we get a knock on the door, and this doctor walks in and is like- I’m here for the epidural.  Uhhhh TOO LATE LADY!!!  RUDE!!!!  lol.  And then, the other crazy part was that I had a 2 degree tear, but after my Dr. started sewing it up he realized that it went up more into my cervix, so he said, I hate to tell you this, but we’re going to have to give you an epidural so I can fix this tear.  Can you imagine??  So I got it about 30 minutes after she was born, and they fixed the tear.  All in all, I’m proud of myself that I did it naturally, because I really didn’t want to.  DH was the best coach ever, I wouldn’t have made it without him.  The Dr. and nurse kept saying how awesome he was.  For number two, I’m not sure if I would get the epidural or not- I thought that I was being so low key by saying that I didn’t have a birth plan, all I knew was that I wanted an epidural.  Just goes to show, the best laid plans….  So there it is!  So long, and I”m sure no one cares because you’ve all had your own story happen.  I just wanted to get it out there!  

Post # 510
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Omg! So many babies!  Hope the supermoon brings on some more for you gals! I just realized I never posted my stats on here! Only on the FB!

Jackson Joshua born June 12th at 12:30!! 7lbs 9oz 20 inches long and perfect perfection in my book! Are we starting a baby group on the baby pages? 

Post # 511
1577 posts
Bumble bee

@bwaychick:  Wow what a crazy story! Never heard of someone getting an epi after the birth! You should feel super proud πŸ™‚

@Cwoodward:  I do hope we start a baby board πŸ™‚ I’m sure it will be active after everyone is finished birth/recovery. 

@MrsSawyer:  Congrats on your boy!! 

@kelly105:  I think the blood is a good sign! At least something is going on haha.

@Bichon Frise:  Congrats! Oliver is a cutie

The topic ‘June 2013 babies, part 13!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors