(Closed) June 2013 babies, part 13!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 512
277 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@MyFavouriteChords: 

I had a very similar story as you.  I also almost had to have a csection because Patrick’s heart rate kept dropping anytime I moved (the cord was wrapped around his neck). Then it stabilized. I was admitted because my water broke but I was only 1 centimeter dilated. I didn’t dilate any for the next 24 hours. Finally they realize that only 1 layer of my amniotic sac broke so once they broke the other layer I went from 1 centimeter to 10 in 1 hour and pushed for 20 minutes.  I ended up with a grade 2 tear.  We are  having a hard time breast feeding and he lost 10% of his birth weight and almost did not let us leave also because he was not giving us enough wet diapers. I had to rent a pump to help him out and ended up giving him a little bit of formula the night came home because I was so worried that after 12 hours of being home he still hadn’t had a wet diaper. He is doing much better now and his weight has gone up quite a bit. I got a nipple shield which has helped with the breast feeding but he still not doing great with it so I’ve continued to pump.

Post # 513
394 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@MrsDW:  Me too! I`ve just been too overwhelmed to come on and comment.

@kelly105:  @MrsDW:  Back labour is the worst! It combined with back to back oxytocin-induced contractions is what made me break and go for the pain meds (although it probably would have happened eventually anyways, no way i would have lasted 18 hours without some relief).

For those mamas with outside babies…how is sleep going? We havent been able to get Ben to sleep alone on his back yet, hes only slept in someone`s arms. Really hoping that changes soon! Any tips?

Post # 514
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

@MissChanandlerBong:  do you have a sleepsack? Max still punches and kicks that he startles himself and wakes up… The halo sleepsack is seriously our best friend. 

We’re headed to the lab at the hospital for day 5 of jaundice testing. :-/ the dr on call yesterday ordered us to come in this morning after hearing his test results were elevated again. I’m hoping to finally get something figured out for treatment… excessive feeding and supplementing formula bottles to top him off isn’t working apparently. 

I know there are some June mommas left to give birth… but I’m thinking we’ll get yelled at to make a new thread soon since we’re over 500 posts. Are we movin to the Babies board? I’m all for it 🙂

Post # 515
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@MrsDW:   I’m down for a Babies thread!

Post # 516
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi everyone. We are home with Hunter and everyone is learning their new roles. Got about 4 hours of broken sleep last night, one hour at a time, but we’re managing. Hunter and I are hanging out watching movies today while daddy plays base ball. 

Post # 517
887 posts
Busy bee

@bwaychick:  Thanks for sharing your story! Holy crap I can’t believe you had to get an epidural AFTER. What a piss-off! Amazing that you handled everything so well though. 

@kelly105:  Good luck, I hope you go into labour soon!

@MrsSawyer:  Congrats on your boy! I hope your recovery goes smoothly. 

@KatieLu:  what a darling sweetheart! Congrats 🙂

Post # 518
277 posts
Helper bee

Congrats everyone! These babies are beautiful!

Post # 519
1577 posts
Bumble bee

@KatieLu:  wow 1 to 10 in one hour is crazy fast!

@MissChanandlerBong:  Luna prefers sleeping in peoples’ arms too. I try to replicate that feeling for her by swaddling her and sometimes tucking another blanket around her as well to feel like arms or something. 

Post # 520
277 posts
Helper bee

@dreamocracy:  I know and I didn’t even feel too much of it since I had the epidural. I had been on pitocen and something else for well over 15 hours and it didn’t do anything until they broke that second layer of my sac and then that is all it took.

Post # 521
827 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Now that I’m 39 weeks pregnant I am constantly looking for signs and symptoms that labor is imminent.  Then I have to stop and remind myself. hey, you’re 39 weeks pregnant.  Labor IS imminent.  Is that enought of a sign for ya?

Post # 522
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@kelly105:  I feel ya! I started at 38 weeks analyzing every twinge! Hope it’s not too much longer for you!

Post # 523
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@kelly105:  I told myself the same thing at 39 weeks, lol.

Post # 524
2853 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@anotherbee:  Congratulations lovey!!! Hunter is beautiful!!! How are you feeling?? XOXOX

@MrsSawyer:  Congratulations on baby boy! Can’t wait to see pics and learn his name!! XOX

Post # 525
4354 posts
Honey bee

@MrsPuddingface:  Thanks love! We named him Owen Martin and I just posted my birth story which includes a photo :). Hope you’ve been feeling well!

Post # 526
1577 posts
Bumble bee

I made a babies thread for us 🙂 Hope we can continue keeping on touch there!  

Will edit with the link.. for some reason I cant paste here from my phone!

The topic ‘June 2013 babies, part 13!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors