(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 4
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Continued from Part 2:

@Dreamocracy – Thank you! Bennett is my fav boy name also. I LOVE Luna Claire… Like the other PP, I play piano and it reminds me of Clair de Lune which is absolutely beautiful.

@SeaBass – I’m counting it the way my doctor does, 13 weeks 3 days. Its so confusing! Each of my pregnancy apps on my phone and all the pregnancy books start it at a different time. I guess on Saturday I will be officially in my second trimester by every account! haha

Post # 5
1301 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ellebeerob:  I’m glad I’m not alone at being confused! How exciting for you!! Times flying by..  I might count my first trimester as over when I stop feeling so tired. Honestly, I could be made out of cement these days… 

Post # 7
1301 posts
Bumble bee

@Sweethart:  yep that’s all we can hope for!!!! 

Post # 8
1474 posts
Bumble bee

Should we do a roll call to kick off this thread? πŸ™‚

Post # 10
1474 posts
Bumble bee

I’ll start one!

How far along are you? 13 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain: 4 pounds.

Maternity clothes: I totally broke down and bought two pairs of maternity jeans. They are pretty much life changing. And adorable. Color me surprised! 

Best moment this week: Seeing my parents and grandparents in person to show them the bump πŸ™‚ 

Food cravings: Reuben sandwiches with spicy mustard

Food aversions: Pretty much everything. Chicken is my mortal enemy.

What I’m looking forward to: I am counting down til the 19/20 week mark when we can find out the gender of our sweet baby! I  believe it will be January 7!

Post # 11
4518 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’ll join in!

How far along are you? 12 weeks 3 days

Total weight gain: I’m still down about 4 pounds. 

Maternity clothes: Despite weighing less, my stomach is kind of poking out. I haven’t bought any maternity clothes, but I did buy a few cute dresses (in my normal size) this week that I can wear with tights for a while… more comfy than pants!

Best moment this week: Part 1 of 3 of the “sequential screening” (anyone else doing this?) yesterday — in-depth ultrasound checking that everything’s on track, and it was. 

Food cravings: Eggs, but only when I’m feeling good. And pancakes. 

Food aversions: Everything else, especially vegetables and ESPECIALLY pumpkin & squash & beets & brussels sprouts — all my old favorites. My nausea has gotten worse and I’m vomiting even more now. I keep reminding myself it’s a good sign…

What I’m looking forward to: Finding out the sex, getting a bigger belly, and (dare I hope?) reduced nausea/vomiting! 

Post # 12
1301 posts
Bumble bee

How far along are you? 11 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain: 5 pounds.. I am afraid! 

Maternity clothes: Nothing yet. I wanted to hold out a bit more but I am not sure if I will be able to. I can’t fit in my jeans πŸ™ 

Best moment this week: Well, I hope it will be tomorrow when we have our NT scan. Excited about seeing baby again, but nervous about results.. 

Food cravings: Tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes. YUM! 

Food aversions: Anything that’s good for me. Basically any forms of protiens. I still can’t eat meat, fish or eggs. Oh and dairy. I feel terrible for baby. I need to try harder. 

What I’m looking forward to: The NT scan tomorrow. Scared, but excited.. 

Post # 13
1301 posts
Bumble bee

@stillme:  what is “sequential screening”? I have not heard of this. Great that everything is on track! 

Post # 15
4518 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@Sea_bass:  It’s just the basic non-invasive screening for any genetic abnormalities that my doctor said she recommends for all her patients…. it probably has another really common name that I just don’t know! Basically I’m going in once at 12 weeks for an ultrasound and blood test, then again around 17 weeks for a basic anatomy scan, and then again around 21 weeks for another anatomy scan. If anything looks abnormal, then I can decide whether I want to risk more invasive testing or not.

ETA: Just saw your post — it’s the NT scan! That’s the one I had yesterday. πŸ™‚ My doctor calls the whole sequence “sequential screening.”

Post # 16
1301 posts
Bumble bee

@Sweethart:  Oh god. SALT! Me too. I crave salt on everything. I am so terrible! 

@stillme:  Ah it sounds like the “Combined Test” which is the NT scan and bloodtest for PAPP-A and beta-hCG levels. That’s what I am having tomorrow. 

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors