(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 137
4354 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@MrsDW:  That’s my number one “can’t have” craving too!! I would seriously kill for a huge deli meat sub, or a plain old deli meat platter, hell I’m sure I’d eat some oven roasted turkey right out of the package haha.. MMM!! I’m with you on the warm thing, totally ruins it. And alcohol hasn’t been too bad of a craving yet but around the holidays I’m sure a glass of wine will make me a little jealous.

Post # 138
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  I seriously don’t know how to overcome this! Watching football and I’m used to snacking on cheese, crackers and meat! It’s just not the same lol. Wine is going to bother me when we go to Olive Garden after our family Christmas picture. And slush at our family Christmas. But probably not as bad as my lack of deli meat!

Post # 139
875 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I’ve been eating deli meat! Honestly I’m more concerned with listeria coming from unwashed raw veggies or bag salad. 

I would LOVE a glass of wine! Or better yet…sangria! We were NTNP when I got pregnant and the night that I’m pretty sure it happened we went to this bar and I had the BEST sangria I had ever tasted. I told DH we needed to start going there all the time for that sangria and 2 weeks later…BFP haha. I’ll be back in July for some more I guess. Although I want to EBF so I’ll have to figure out how pumping and dumping works and if its worth it. 

As far as child care I will become a Stay-At-Home Mom and work 2 days (10 total hours) per week to stay with my current company and avoid a resume gap. My mom will babysit on those days. She lives 15 minutes away and is wonderful!

Post # 140
887 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I’ve been eating lunchmeat, but usually I warm it up first and I prefer sandwiches toasted open-face anyway so that works out for me. I don’t really get it though – if you just warm it up for like 8 seconds and then let it cool, doesn’t it taste exactly the same as if you hadn’t warmed it up at all? Have you tried that? Another idea (I don’t know if this works but maybe worth looking into): would the potential listeria be killed by freezing then thawing the meat? Surely that wouldn’t change the taste much. Honestly I think avoiding lunchmeat is one of those overblown pregnancy suggestions meant to completely eliminate an extremely tiny risk. I bet your risk of food poisoning from eating at restaurants, ever, is way higher than any risk from lunchmeats. I just got back from my honeymoon and of course we were eating out practically every meal. I admit I was a bit paranoid about it and I checked Yelp reviews of almost all the restaurants before we went, trying to see if anybody had given bad reviews due to food poisoning! 

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  Sorry to hear about  your issues with your husband. It sounds like his standards of cleanliness are just much different from yours, i.e. he doesn’t care or doesn’t notice if the house is dirty, at least not enough to clean it. That could cause you guys a lot of problems down the line! He’s going to need to pick up the slack by doing other types of chores (outdoor work? Fixing stuff? Car maintenence?) or seriously step up and start cleaning more or else that’s just not fair, really selfish. The PP who mentioned that you take off for a couple of days might have been onto something. He really needs to get the message that his unsupportive, unhelpful behaviour is a seriously inappropriate way to treat his pregnant wife! And if this is how he is with just a slight increase in your demands of him due to pregnancy, how is he going to react to the exponential increase in chores that come with having a new baby?! With us, it is kind of the reverse – lucky for me my husband is the cleaner of the 2 of us. He has really high standards for how clean and tidy things need to be, I’m not so tidy. So far it works out ok – I try to keep the main living areas up to his standards and I just keep my own mess (i.e., clothes tornado) confined to ‘my’ room… But since my room will turn into the baby’s room one of these days, it might become an issue for us. Eep.

We had a wonderful time on our honeymoon, which we just returned from. However the stress and sleeplessness of spending the night at the airport to get our 6 am flight, followed by a whole day of airports and air travel, and the 3 hour time change, has really gotten to me! I slept 13 hours last night then felt like crap all day today, just totally mentally not there, achey, exhausted, and nauseous πŸ™  I actually came as close as I ever had to throwing up this morning. We were late for a shopping trip with his mom and brother because I was rushing around, starving to the point of almost puking, trying to find something to wear and repeatedly failing to find anything that fit properly and didn’t just feel totally uncomfortable around my middle, or not cover up the giant ‘woman bra’ that is the only one I can comfortably wear these days. So much for no symptoms / no tummy! Looks like my flat-ish stomach days are over for a long while now. I hope this nausea was just a one-time thing related to exhaustion or something. Back to school tomorrow. Yayy….  oh, on the plus side though – I now have a Costco membership! Woohoo!

Post # 141
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I totally want a big ass glass of wine. And egg nog πŸ™ nottogether…

Post # 142
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Ballet513:  I haven’t thought about unwashed veggies. 

View original reply
@araneidae:  maybe I’m weird but I can’t get over warmed up lunch meat. I know it will go back to cold. But something about that bothers me. I don’t know why. 

View original reply
@anotherbee:  Lol that seriously cracked me up! Yummy wine mixed with eggnog *puke* lol

Post # 143
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  So sorry to hear about your husband’s behavior.  To piggyback on what araneidae said, things will only get worse once the baby comes, regarding houshold activities.  I don’t know if I would leave the house for a few days to make a point- I like to work things out ASAP, and it seems like leaving might prolong an inevitable conversation/conflict.  Maybe he would understand things better if you wrote out your feelings in a letter?  Then you can get out everything you want him to hear in a calm, coherent way without it turning into a screaming match.  I know he’s used to you taking care of household chores, and it may be frustrating for him to have to make a change.  However, he was a part of the decision to start a family, so he should have a 50% hand in keeping the house running smoothly and efficiently, no?

As far as as daycare goes, for us, I have no idea what we are doing.  We are both actors, so you never know when one or both of us will be working!  I’m thinking we will just have to use babysitters.  Thankfully for us, when we are working in town, we usually have all day free and performances are at night.  As for working out of town, we are going to have to figure those jobs out as they come.  If only one of us is working, we could all go out of town.  The trouble will be when one of us has a job in town, and the other has a job out of town.  I imagine we will have to get veeery selective on those out of town jobs, and only take them if it’s an Amazing gig.  It’s tough being a gypsy!

Post # 144
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@MrsDW:  

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  My doctor actually told me that it was okay to eat lunch meat cold as long as it was freshly sliced.  So meat from the deli at the supermarket is okay if you have it sliced there as long as you eat it within 2-3 days.  Also sub shops that slice the meat fresh are okay too, so we’ve been having a lot of jersey mikes lately!  But of course the thing I want the most is a turkey sandwich from jimmy johns with sprouts on it, which is a no-go.  :(.  I also had sushi on Friday night, but only the cooked stuff.   It wasn’t quite the same, but it was a good compromise because of course I was craving that as well. 

Post # 145
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@faye0314:  Good to know ill ask my dr about that! And if it makes you feel any better… Jimmy Johns I doesn’t have sprouts yet. At least mine didn’t. πŸ™‚

Post # 146
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Maybe I’m imagining that.  It’s possible.   But I still want jimmy johns and it’s not a good idea either way.   Lol.   

Post # 147
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

OMGOSH! All I want is a hot dog, and I know I’m not suppose to eat them but we were out yesterday at a Christmas market and they had them there BBQing and dang it sure smelt good!

Post # 148
1301 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MrsDW: 
View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  
View original reply
@araneidae:
View original reply
@bwaychick: thanks girls. I am feeling less like killing my DH today. He has been very understanding but as you all say he ust has different standards to me and so wasn’t getting how much things were upsetting me in the house. I am trying to remember this and not be so hard on him. I will also try to speak to him about what will happen when baby arrives. I think I just have to accept that we might have to get a cleaner because even when he does try, its just not up to scratch! Sigh. 

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Not really craving anything I can’t have. All the things I cant have are things that make me want to puke. I suppose I could go a glass of champagne…

View original reply
@Ballet513:  Oh how great your Mom can babysit for you. My Mom is close by too but works full time with crazy long hours. I am hoping we will get to use her on the weekend though! 

I am feeling like puking today. I keep getting bile in my mouth. Its so gross. Also have this background headache. We have a dinner on this week where we are supposed to be telling people. I am getting so anxious about it. I would love to be able to keep it to myself, erm, forever! 

How is everyone eating? I am trying to be more diligent about tracking my food on my fitness pal. I can’t seem to get near the recommened 1,800 cals a day but I am more focused on trying to get enough protien/calcium/iron. Particulalry as I still can’t eat meat or fish. 

Otherwise my main challenge seems to be staying hydrated. I think I need about 3 litres to be hydrated and I struggle to keep down 1.5. Water seems to make me so vomity. I was wondering how you all are doing? 

I am getting so excited about Christmas. This time last year I wasn’t even engaged and now I am married with a baby on the way. Feeling very blessed. 

Hope you all are having a good day!  

Post # 149
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  (( HUGE HUGS )) I am so sorry you had a rough few days. πŸ™ This time last year, DH and I were preparing for our wedding, six months before that we were just engaged. Two Junes later we’re going to be having a little love bug in the house. πŸ™‚ It seems so fast but it feels right for us and I am so excited. Also planning on staying home with baby, too and planning on getting back to work when our kid is old enough to be at school for the day. I know it’s not something everyone is able to do but for us, it was much much cheaper than paying for daycare and I’ve always wanted to stay home. 

I haven’t been on the bee due to having morning sickenss return with a burning revenge the past weekend. From Saturday evening onwards I was a puking mess. D: I am even on Zofran, why my MS should be so bad nearing 12 weeks, I have NO idea. I did have a very stressful week last week with school graduation papers and all that going on. Could this have made it worse?? To be safe, I did nothing yesterday and it was still pretty bad. I’ve had morning sickness ever since about week two but I feel it’s gotten worse instead of better. I finally broke down and started taking a larger dose of Zofran, the dr had me on 3 pills a day but I found I could take up to six as many pregnant women have to. Yesterday, I found 4-5 was a good number for me and I’ve started taking it preventatively as it hits every day around 3 pm and lasts all night. 

‘safe’ foods of the week- lol the list is short. Grilled cheese, wonton soup and scrambled eggs. Only things I can keep down. D: 

I’m craving alcohol!!!! It’s terrible! Virgin drinks suck and I’m seriously craving the buzz from a good glass of white wine or margarita. 

Hope you are all doing well! It seems I’m not the only one feeling absolutely under the weather !

Post # 150
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20586343

WOAH! yes πŸ˜€ I wonder if she is going to be an honorary June baby member! Poor thing!!!! D: I’m probably not the first to find out but I’m excited for them. πŸ˜€ 

Post # 151
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

The palace announced that Wills and KAte are expecting a baby! They haven’t given a due date, but I would assume she’s 12 weeks so it looks like they’ll be having a June baby too!

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors