(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 152
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  I got so excited when I read that!

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  I’m sorry DH is being such a turd! I don’t know if you keep a budget, but when I told DH to start pulling his weight with the housework or a housekeeper would come out of his pocket money for the month, he got it together quick!

Ladies, I need advice. I finally snapped yesterday and told a friend to stop touching my belly. She walks up to me several times every time I see her and goes “AWWWWWW” while rubbing it in a circular motion over and over. I’m sorry, but I’m constipated, bloated, sick, throwing up, and self conscious about my ‘baby bump’ that looks more like a beer gut. She started in yesterday in front of a group of people and I very gently pushed her hand away and backed up and said “No no no… My stomach is so nauseated all the time and my stomach hurts so badly I really don’t like to be touched.” I said it in a nice voice, and she backed away and continued talking to me but she completely avoided me after church when she and I usually talk for about 15-20 minutes with some other friends. Was I too harsh? ๐Ÿ™ I feel bad but I’m so tired of the touching and rubbing.

Post # 153
2259 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  

would this be good? haha I seriously kinda want this shirt. 

Post # 154
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  Hahahaha! I want it! I asked one of our other friends if I was too mean and she said I was very sweet about it, but I saw another girl we go to church with kind of roll her eyes when I told my friend to stop touching, like I was making a big deal out of it and everybody touches.

5 people rubbed on my belly yesterday at church. 2 were strangers. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! ha! I think people think they ‘know’ me since DH is on our church’s staff and everyone knows/recognizes him, so I guess they feel like they have the right to molest my uterus.

Post # 155
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  I’d be tempted to try to touch the belly of the next lady who touches yours. But then, I’m mean and you seem very nice. So maybe not. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’m just saying, most women don’t like their stomach touched, pregnant or not. It’s certainly one way to make a point.

Post # 156
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

To add insult to the injury the touchers inflict, I’d joke and say…. “Um… what makes you think I’m pregnant?” lol Out or not, I feel touching without asking is just rude. D: I’d probably be really awkward and say, oh that… that’s just poop. XD You can totally try to communicate with it, if you want but I wouldn’t try to. 

Post # 157
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  I’m very mean inside my head but on the outside I’m non-confrontational haha…This pretty much sums it up.

Post # 158
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

holy moly PART 3!!! i have missed so much! 

Ive been very MIA as we have seen 348934 Dr’s regarding my hemoglobin levels and anemia. All in all, all the dr’s made me stress/worry for weeks over nothing. They put me on an iron pill… which i should have been on from the beginning!! O well, Im still signed off work for this week and have been busy with my masters classes online. 

Ive got to read through most of the post and i am so excited for everyone! we had our 12 week scan and baby T is looking good! that was a nerve racking scan though and being in Germany and the language barrier is a little hard, at least we ve been lucky with english speaking doctors. It was so nice to finally announce it on facebook and was overwhelmed by all the responses and warm wishes! 

Hope everyone is doing well!

Post # 159
4499 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  Totally hire someone to clean your place if you can… I think this is a big marriage-saver! My DH and I are talking about hiring somebody, maybe just once every 2 weeks. DH actually IS really good about doing domestic chores, but our ideas of what’s clean aren’t the same. 

View original reply
@MrsDW: I’m craving alcohol! I hardly ever drink, but now that I know I can’t have it, I’m obsessed. I want a frozen margarita, dang it!  

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  Sorry your MS is getting worse. It’s not supposed to happen this way! All the books I read are like, “Now that you’re in your 14th week, you’re likely feeling great and your MS has gone away.” HA! Nice one. No one ever tells you it might get WORSE as you near the end of the first trimester… ๐Ÿ™ Hope you feel better soon. 

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  You handled this perfectly, I think. Ugh, if people start touching my belly I’m going to freak, especially now, while it’s just a squishy, gurgliy, barfy mess.

View original reply
@chelseaRichard:  Yay to a healthy 12 week scan! I have my 14 week scan on Weds and I’m excited but also nervous… 

Post # 160
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@stillme:  Thanks for your encouragement! It’s true… I’ve always found other moms to be more accurate than any book. Crackers and ginger ale? My @ss lol! I had a pharmacist tell me that’s the ‘only thing that works’…. generic Zofran is the only way I can sleep through the night without throwing up. 

I was reading on other mommy sites and many women say MS gets worse between weeks 10-15 or so and had little relief until into the 2nd tri. 

Post # 161
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  Yeah, crackers and ginger ale my hiney! Crackers tasted like a big dry blob of sawdust in my mouth and made me want to hurl. Hopefully you’ll round the corner soon and start to feel human again. Its weird how it comes on so slowly you don’t realize it! I only realized today at 14w1d that I could eat most foods again. So its coming! Hang in there!

Post # 162
887 posts
Busy bee

Those of you who have had your 12 week ultrasound / NT scan – did you go alone, or did you have your husband or someone else with you? I scheduled my NT ultrasound without really checking with my husband’s schedule first unfortunately – I just automatically made it for the ‘optimal’ day – and he is going to be out of town for work. The scan is the day after tomorrow and I am kind of anxious about it. Other than DH and myself, my best friend is the only one to know about the pregnancy (I told her for wedding logistics reasons, and because I 100% trust her), but she lives 6 hours away so there’s no way she can come with me. I’m considering telling another one of my close friends who lives in the same city as me, and having her come with me to the US. But that totally goes against my ‘don’t tell ANYONE until after the scan; then tell parents first.’ rule. It just seems like I should have somebody with me for this I guess. 

I suppose everyone is different in terms of how they would rather deal with bad news… to be honest I don’t even know if I’d rather be alone or with someone else if I got bad news. This is starting to seem like a really pointless post! I’m all over the place :/ I don’t even know why I’m being so pessimistic about this. Probably everything will be fine.

Post # 163
80 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@araneidae:  Sorry this doesn’t help much, but I have my NT scan tomorrow and my husband is planning to come with.  But do we actually receive any results on the day of our NT scan?  I was under the impression that it was just an ultrasound (I did the blood test last week), but that I’d have to wait for my appointment with my OB to find out the probability of any DS, trisomy, etc?? . . . I’m also very anxious about it though, and am also not sure if I would prefer to be by myself during it.  I’m sure everything will be ok! =)

Post # 164
1474 posts
Bumble bee

@Aranidae – it won’t let me tag you for some reason. My DH came with me but it was really a waste. You don’t get any results that day and my ultrasound wasn’t even two minutes long. The tech measured, let me see the baby hiccup, measured again, took the heartbeat, let me see the baby wave, then done. Then to the lab for bloodwork, which also took only 90 seconds or so. My dr only talked to me for like 2 minutes. I think it’ll be just fine to go on your own if you feel up to it! It was the quickest appointment I’ve had thus far, honestly.

Post # 165
887 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@legalese:  I think it depends on the tech – they can’t talk to you about exactly what is going on with the baby or anything, like a midwife or doctor would, but they do the measurement right there on the screen and I think a lot of techs will tell you what the measurement is if you ask (and/or you can probably just look at what they write). At my 8 week ultrasound the tech was very open about everything she was finding – she told me the heart rate, and the length of the baby, and exactly how far along the baby was measuring. I’m going to the same clinic for my NT scan so I am pretty sure I will get a good idea of what is going on once I’m there. Maybe not though.     Does anyone else know how it tends to go?   Good luck on your scan!  

Post # 166
887 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  Hmm, ok. Maybe it won’t be such a big deal then. I’m going to try the orange juice wake-up trick, drink a tall glass beforehand and hopefully the baby will be moving around more ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors