(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 62
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

How far along are you? 10w2d

Total weight gain: 3 lbs down from my initial appointment at the dr on 10/22. 

Maternity clothes: yes!! Shopping mainly at Old Navy because of the pricing. Bought a few things from Motherhood Maternity but they just seem so expensive at this point in my pregnancy when I’m so sure of how large ill get. Still fitting into old shirts, a pair of “fat jeans”, and work pants thanks to my new Bella Bands.

Best moment this weekSeeing our lil gummy bear on the dating ultrasound! And telling our families on Thanksgiving. It’s great to finally be out ๐Ÿ™‚

Food cravings: It changes a lot! By the time I decide I’m hungry for something until the time it’s done cooking I’m no longer hungry for it. But if I hear or see a commercial for something suddenly I crave that and must have it. Seriously craving a sub… Just don’t want it warm ๐Ÿ™

Food aversions: Meat.

What I’m looking forward to: Annual family picture with Santa (we are wearing the color we want baby to be…), My 12 week ultrasound in 2 weeks. Coming out on facebook. Gender screening in Feb (planning on bribing the dr to do it early!)… A lot to be excited for this month! Most excited for my ex/bff beating his cancer by early January if everything goes right. 

Symptoms: Tired!! And really sore boobs. My nausea is getting under control finally.

My inlaws want to gift us a YMCA membership for Christmas. I feel like a jerk for saying no (I like my gym better). But does anyone know the perks to daycare there?  I really want to ask our families for baby stuff for Christmas but its hard not knowing the gender yet. 

Post # 63
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@araneidae: Thanks for the clarification! I just realized that this is another case where I got confused by the different names being flung around for different tests. We actually were offered a first trimester screening (my ob-gyn called it a quad test with an ultrasound) – which we decided against at the time for several reasons (our insurance only covers second trimester screenings, we just wanted to enjoy the pregnancy at that point and not start worrying yet, etc). We’ll probably get the second trimester screening (the triple test?) instead, which I know may not be as accurate.

Post # 64
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  eeek!! Good luck at the scan!!

Post # 65
1301 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@saltybalty:  that could be a great choice. I know a lot of people who have gotten stressful 1st trimester screening results. I thought long and hard about if we should even have the testing because I don’t know what we would do with the results… My DH wanted to do them so we are having them done. I just hope the resuts don’t show up anything too terrible/stressful/ambigious… 

Post # 66
1301 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  thank you! I am like counting down the seconds! I feel like I have mentioned the scan in every single post this last week! Hah! Sorry ladies! 

Post # 67
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  An encouraging thought- some women find that they gain weight differently. Perhaps you’re gaining it up front early-on? I’ve heard stories from women who’ve gotten to their third trimester without much weight gain until the very end- and others who grew fast but it slowed by the 2nd or third tri. Here’s hoping! I think it’s possible you may be just gaining it all at the beginning as I’ve read it’s happened more than once. 

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  jealous! ๐Ÿ™‚ Good luck. 

I will be off and on for the next few weeks. I had a meltdown yesterday after my senior capstone paper was rejected. Not all of it, but the entire study guide I made along with it and turned in months ago. I now have two weeks to write another 4 page essay and to have it approved before my long-distance graduation time expries…. I technically graduated in May of this year just had my senior capstone to do and have been working since August. My project so far too me over three months and I thought I was done before I got my BFP. D: Soooo…. back to the drawing board for me and I’m praying my pregnancy brain and symptoms subside so I can super-charge my way through this assignment. Life sucks! This past year has been ridiculous and I’m so ready for this to be over. 

Post # 68
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  NT scan right? Just remember there are quite a few false positives. I’m sure everything will be ok! 

Post # 69
1301 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  yikes! Good luck getting that done, you poor thing! 

Post # 70
1301 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Yep NT scan and bloodwork so I wont know the combined number for a few days yet.. Hoping its all ok… 

Post # 71
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

Thanks! I certainly don’t recommend pushing the limits of pregnancy forgetfullness. All my sources are back at the university library since I’ve moved since I did the other parts of my project. Sucks. D: Totally swamped today and trying to survive the time crunch 

Post # 72
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  I’m sure it will be! Fingers crossed ๐Ÿ˜€ 

Post # 73
1301 posts
Bumble bee

Just got back from the scan and all the measurements were good (I think?) NT fold was 1.4. We are still waiting for the bloods to come back so we dont have the overall risk yet. 

However we got to see our little darling jumping and waving on screen. IT WAS AMAZING!
Now just sitting here and hoping that the blood results come back fine.. We will know tomorrow.

Post # 74
602 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

just commenting to follow the new thread

Post # 75
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  That is a GREAT measurement! Woohoo! Wasn’t it cool to see a real live BABY on the screen rather than the blinky-blob of past weeks? ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, and did you cry? I always bawl at my ultrasounds haha! I’m sure the tech thinks I’m crazy.

Post # 76
1301 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  It was incredible… I certainly shed a little tear. It was so amazing to see such human movements. Jumping and waving… Amazing…. 

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors