• Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  
View original reply
@dreamocracy:  
View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  
View original reply
@araneidae:  Another show-er over here! And it also feels like my stomach is up under my ribs already, I think it’s just the adjusting of organs and guts moving upwards. I know my stomach is not actually that high yet but I think it just feels extra sensitive now.

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  Congrats! That’s a great number. I have mine on friday, crossing my fingers I get a nice number like yours!

Well I welcomed in my 12 week milestone by tossing and turning all night with congestion and waking up with a full on cold. Currently cuddled on the couch with my puppy and a tea with honey. Chicken noodle soup is on the menu for dinner. I hope to kick this soon, I hate being sick πŸ™

Post # 78
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Did you all get scans with your Nt screening? Why is it that it seems my city is the only city in the world that only does the blood test for NT screening? Its not fair!*stamps feet* I ended up canceling my blood tests cause it won’t mske a difference to us either way, but why is it only a blood test for me πŸ™

Post # 79
1577 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  Aww sorrry to hear about that, EDD twin! My week 12 milestone had me puking the first time in a week and having a migraine all day. D: Hopefully it gets better from here on out!

I’m not doing a NT screen/test, but best of luck to all of you~! Super jealous though I kindof wish I went through with it, just to see an active little baby. :3

Post # 80
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@anotherbee:  are you positive you weren’t getting the scan with the bloodwork? Although my annoying/psycho coworker is older and got only bloodwork no scan which I was shocked at. She said her dr said that was the best way to tell anything. And she’s the person who told all our coworkers not to get too attached to the baby, because they were going to abort if it wast healthy at the 12 week appointment. So I’m surprised she didn’t opt in for a scan but i guess it wasn’t offered. 

Post # 81
4354 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  We are doing the NT strictly to see peanut an extra time :). Although it’s now causing me stres anyway! Thanks for the well wishes, I’m starting to feel more like I got hit by a train. Going to take a hot shower and head to bed super early.

Post # 82
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  Congrats on the great scan! Thanks for the kind words. I’m not sure if we made the right decision or not, but it felt right for us at the time. Oh, and you asked on the earlier page if DH and I were Scottish or English (because I mentioned DH’s trad. Scottish last name and our love of trad. English first names). We’re both American mutts ancestry-wise, but DH’s family is very proud of their Scottish heritage and still have a very traditional Scottish last name (and even have a tartan to go with it), even though they’ve been in America for a while. Although each of us have a little bit of English blood, not enough to really claim it. We just like the sound of traditional English names!

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  Good luck on your essay!

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  So sorry about your cold. I caught a cold during the first 8 weeks of my pregnancy and it made me feel horrible so I feel for you now! Try to get lots of sleep, keep taking your vitamins, eat lots of soup and if you start to get a high temperature, call your Ob-Gyn. Hope your cold passes quickly!

Post # 83
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Yep, I watched thir fill out the paper work for it and I had the bookinappeaser work with prep instructions and it all referenced only a blood test. And no one I know who has been pregnant has gotten a 12 week scan. It’s just so weird that it seems like a common occurrence for everyone else (evenit he Canadian group I’m in) gets a scan, but not me πŸ™

@ mrssawyer. Good luck with your paper. Sucks that you found out that so late that it wasn’t accepted πŸ™

Post # 84
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

Hey ladies!  Just saying hi.  I just did that old wives’ test- the tie your wedding ring to a 12 inch piece of string and hold it over your belly button test.   I just lied down and held it over my belly button.   According to that, it’s a girl.  They say if the ring goes in a circular motion, it’s a boy, and if it goes side to side or back and forth it’s a girl.  Has anyone tried it?

Post # 85
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2012

View original reply
@araneidae:  Hey there month twin! Yes, the date up there is correct. I was married on the 17th. I turned 10 weeks the Sunday after my wedding. I wasn’t showing, but I could definitely feel the difference from the last fitting I had for my dress to the actual day of. It didn’t stop me from dancing all night long, though!

The reason we’re waiting until Christmas is because we want to make it a Christmas gift for our family. My entire family is from out of town, so it’ll be nice to have her here to tell her in person. This is my husband’s first baby, so his family has been on us about having a LO. Little do they know … haha. His dad was carrying our 9 month old baby neice the other day and was pretend talking through her saying ‘c’on uncle, I want a baby cousin to play with’. It was too cute.

When are you due? I’m due on Father’s day according to my dr’s calculations. It would be nice to have him/her on that day to make it even more special for my dh.

Post # 86
52 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Lol I have really been out of the loop, I see we have a new thread, yay!!!  This have been so crazy the last few weeks, I havent gotten a chance to check on my fellow bees-to-be!

I had my second appointment and got to hear the heartbeat for the first time which was so great!  Its so fun!

How far along are you? 12 weeks 6 days

Total weight gain: none, I have lost 3 pounds since my first appointment (and I had lost 4 before that)

Maternity clothes: My mother in law took me shopping this weekend at Old Nacy which had 30% all maternity clothes so we stocked up.  But I dont need them yet.

Best moment this week:  Hearing the heartbeat today!

Food cravings: None so much.

Food aversions: Hmmm the idea of fish makes me ill, although I do miss sushi.

What I’m looking forward to: Not vomiting anymore and having the nausea end.  And feeling the baby move!

Post # 87
887 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Mstomrs29:  Wild! My wedding was also on the 17th and I turned 10 weeks the Wednesday after the wedding! So I’m like 4 days behind you πŸ™‚ I’m due June 20th. We are practically wedding AND due date twins.

My dress was pretty tight :/   I was really bloated and I’ve gained a few pounds from always being hungry (aka “hangry”…haha). But, I fit into it (and I could even breathe – bonus!), and everything went great! I had another, short wedding dress that I changed into for dancing. 

Christmas is a great idea… now I am contemplating it. 

Post # 88
887 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  (and others) – ok, interesting – so it is totally possible to be showing before the 2nd trimester. Might just be an issue of semantics though – for some people ‘showing’ might mean ‘pregnancy-related stuff is making my abdomen larger and/or pushing things around’ vs. ‘there is a baby sticking out the front of me’. 

I can’t feel any baby-related hardness above my pubic bone at all yet so the fact that when I look sideways into the mirror and ‘let it all hang out’, I look ridiculously pregnant, I can only really chalk up to bloating and constipation and weight gain and the fact that my ab muscles are getting pretty floppy. I suck in and it’s like going from 5 months pregnant to zero. (ugh, I feel gross :/  )

I posted another thing about this but does anybody know which ab exercises are safe during pregnancy and which aren’t? I’m afraid to do practically anything because of that awful “your abs can literally split apart” thing that can happen if you do too much of certain ab exercises while pregnant… blech.

Post # 89
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@araneidae:  I think during the 1st tri stomach exercises are fine as long as you’re feeling up to it. Yes, muscles are relaxed a bit more than usual due to hormones but it shouldn’t cause any serious damage. As long as you’re feeling up to it, I’d say light exercise is fair game! 

I haven’t been exercising at all πŸ™ walks here and there, light lifting of my hips from the ground to stretch at times. I just don’t feel up to it! 

Feeling a hard baby bump lately that doesn’t go away so I’m assuming at least a little is my actual uterus and not gas, etc. It feels weird to be growing in this way! I’m actually a little scared of what I’m going to feel like in the future months. D: Will it really feel like a bowling ball sitting on my kookah? lol oh the questions that I ask myself at 3 am. 

Thanks to all for the encouragement over the essay/finishing up my grad requirements. it totally sucks that I should have to go back and work again when I thought I was done months ago. Now with only two weeks before my absolute pay another semester or graduate now deadline in December. I’m sick of taking the brunt of it from my professors as well as they all knew I was meant to graduate last spring but for a joint project with another student. She totally screwed up, ended up graduating and I had to complete a separate project this fall while she goes on to her paid internship. At any other college I feel this wouldn’t have happened. She didn’t get her work done, simply put. Which lead me (the married, now pregnant one who moved to another city over the summer for work with hubby)… to finish my entire long distance graduation requirement on my own. The profs paid all attention to the other students completing their senior projects on campus without checking in to make sure I was doing ok. I had absolutely no idea half the time since my project was a made-up requirement and had never been attempted before. 

D: imagine my frazzled mind when I was let known that the research I turned in 2 MONTHS ago wasn’t at all what they expected of me. Now I am facing scrutiny and another paper to be not only turned in… but accepted as sufficient … to complete my degree. 

Throw in an angsty pregnant woman to the mix and I am not one happy camper. πŸ™ I feel so screwed over by everyone I had looked up to and I really don’t need more stress right now. 

*end rant* it’s ok if you didn’t read it, I’m totally not expecting anyone to. πŸ˜› I’m just tired and pretty PO’d at having to do all this the past two days and having to put my own work and home life on hold. 

Post # 91
4499 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  haaaaaa, this is awesome!! I am crying from laughing. I am on my 3rd sick day of the week today and totally needed this.

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors