(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 92
2259 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@stillme:  glad it helped! If we can’t laugh anymore- what do we have left?? Feel better, dear!! <3

Post # 93
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  Your link was hilarious and much needed this morning! I don’t know if this will make you feel better or not, but I’m on the other end of the spectrum – I’m a college prof (at an art school) and have had several meltdowns after work in the last week due to students. Usually, seniors who I’m going to have to fail. I hate failing students and try to give as many warnings, let them know their standing, etc. but have had several this semester who’ve exceeded absences and not turned in work even with all of the warnings, emails, and meetings I could possibly give them. And then I have to deal with their anger (and sometimes their parents’ as well) when I let them know that they are going to fail, even though everything has been documented. I just get so frustrated that so much of my time and consideration, even when I’m home and off the clock, gets put toward the students who aren’t putting the same into my classes, when I’d love to be devoting that energy to the students who are doing everything right.**I’m NOT saying this is your situation. Your situation sounds much, much different and your professors may not have been the most professional dealing with it. Just thought it might cheer you up to know that professors get shit on, too:)

Post # 94
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Ugh! 3rd headache day in a row at work. πŸ™ not wanting to use sick time… So I’m suffering through. The magnesium better kick in fast and I’m pondering a Starbucks run πŸ™

Post # 95
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

Out of curiosity: has anyone else gotten comments from friends/family about having MORE kids in the future/hinting at future pregnancies? I’m talking about people you have either told you want one kid or either haven’t told anything to and it’s an assumption you want more. Anyone? 

No matter how many times I tell my family we only want one kid, they always assume we want more/should be buying and planning for more kids. I need to get more baby things for future babies…. you can make one room work for two little ones! etc. It’s driving me nuts. 

1. this pregnancy has already been a strain and I knew with prior health problems (type one diabetes) it would be. 

2. due to the above factor and also the fact DH and I are not planning on moving and have little space- we have only room for one kid realistically speaking and financially. 

and 3… we don’t want more than one. DH and I both are middle children and hated growing up with little attention from parents as we both have many siblings. Nothing’s wrong at all with people who want large families- we simply do not. I’d much rather be able to focus all my time on just one child and having a small family sounds amazing to me. 

To all June bees… is this your first and last pregnancy? If so, what made you decide that? Just curious. 

Post # 96
887 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  that suuuuucks πŸ™   

what program are you in? I’m in a PhD program in science, I totally now how you feel. I’ve been through a Masters with a supervisor who is a mysoginistic prick who has been written up numerous times for human rights complaints. I quit one PhD program and moved onto another. My program is good now but I still spent 2 years as what essentially amounts to slave labour. I’ve gotten dicked around in practically evey way possible due to being a grad student. Just power through, it’s all you can do. You are so close to the finish line. Hopefully the extra hoops they are making you jump through will be enough for these sadistic F***s and you can just be free already!! 

Post # 97
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@araneidae:  Gosh I know… never want to see the school or anyone there again. The past year has been academic hell of people dropping the ball and not responding to my questions or not giving them thought before replying so I get no information whatsoever. :/ Frustrating. I am in a performing arts degree and had to complete my last semester away from school since we moved, which means nearly all research and capstone-paper frustration without the aid of being on campus to hound people in person! It’s so much easier, I find, to annoy the hell out of people when you NEED answers in person than via email or phone. 

View original reply
@saltybalty:  Just saw this now! I really do appreciate it and you sound like a great teacher!! Hubby taught high school chemistry and physics a few years back and would come home with horror stories like yours lol. Some of them are really ridiculous and most of them came from parents mad at the teacher their kid was failing due to skipping class….. ummm yeah, that would make total sense. πŸ˜‰ The reason I vent on here or to my best friend or hubby about school is because I know they’re trying and don’t want to crap all over it. πŸ˜› it’s hard not to when the ball gets dropped big time and I’m left in the dark. Thankful this is the very last thing I have to do to get my diploma and run far, far away! All that work for a little slip of paper. 

tmi- but the only positive thing that’s happened from all this stress is the ability it’s given me to go to the bathroom without an enema for the first time in three weeks due to Zofran. XD I guess it’s the little things that make it better, right? lol 

Post # 98
1577 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  My hubby sometimes hints at wanting this to be our only child, but before that he was ALL about having 2, so that was what always stuck in my head. I was thinking ideally, I’d have another when this one is between 4 and 6. It is a little odd for people to be assuming you want more, though! Everyone has a different idea of what their perfect family would be like, and it seems like a lot of people just take it one child at a time and if they want more later, so be it, haha. I was a middle child too, and I hated it, but thenagain I loved having siblings to play with. My only worry if I have more than one kid is if I end up with a “favorite” D: that scares me.

Post # 99
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@dreamocracy:  I understand, I liked having siblings- but then sometimes it just plain sucked and I wanted alone time. I guess it depends on the kid. I wouldn’t worry about favorites, though! My parents felt that way when they were pregnant with me after my older sibling- if they could love me just as much. But I was born and they did πŸ™‚ My mom said it’s kinda like your love only grows in different ways, even when you think it’s impossible after loving your first child so much. 

Post # 100
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  I haven’t had anyone mention more kids yet, however we’re not really out yet, so it might come. I think DH would be happy with one, but has agreed on two. I used to want three. Then my sister had her third. HA! Two is enough for me!!!

Post # 101
4354 posts
Honey bee

Feeling awful and having a pitty party over here. I’m so so sick :(. Thankfully I have the day off tomorrow and my scan isn’t until 1:15pm so I can sleep in before. I hope I get relief soon!

Post # 102
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  hubby has talked about only having 1 kid. If this is a boy I think we would try for a girl after. But honestly it’s all going to depend on how this pregnancy and baby are. I don’t know if we would actively try or just “let things happen” after this baby. I always wanted 2 or 3 kids. But I might be ok with 1.

Post # 103
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  πŸ™ I hope you feel better fast! Hope the scan goes well too!

Post # 104
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I’m worried about my pregnancy. I woke up last night at 4:30am with a strong abdominal cramp that lasted for 45 minutes. It wasn’t just a mild cramp, because it woke me out of my deep sleep and caused me to pace around in pain. I didn’t have any bleeding or spotting, so I figured I would wait until the morning to call my OB/GYN office. I called and spoke to a nurse who seemed to think it was no big deal. She said as long as there was no bleeding or spotting, they have no reason to see me. She just told me to drink more water (in case I’m dehydrated) and to let them know if it happens again.

Should I be concerned at all, or should I just assume it’s nothing major? It’s hard to relax without any real reassurance. Plus, I’m leaving on Sunday to go on a cruise. I can’t cancel without losing the money spent on it (plus airfare). Has anyone else experienced cramping?

Post # 105
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  I had horrible cramps the other day… Figured out it was from dinner, constipation and not enough water. I would think you’re ok. Watch for more pain today. But try relaxing and drinking more water if you can. Let us know! 

As a side note… Im super excited that there is an august thread started now! It means we’re that much closer to being mommies! πŸ™‚

Post # 106
4354 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Thank you! πŸ™‚ How is your headache situation today?

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  I’ve definitely heard of cramping due to dehydration. I agree that if there is no bleeding everything is probably ok. I’ve had terrible gas pains that start off feeling like a horrible cramp too. And it could possibly be round ligament pain too, have you had that yet?

Either way, just keep up with your fluids and if it happens again then urge your doctor to check it out. Good luck!!

I think I’m feeling a slight bit better today, I got some good sleep yesterday and I’m hoping the worst is behind me. Unfotunately I’ve lost about 4 lbs in the last day or two because I’m pretty much on a liquid diet. My appetite seems back a little this morning so I’m not really worried, especially since I’ve still been taking my vitamins and everything. Hope I don’t get sick like this again for the rest of my pregnancy. On a happier note, 3 hours until we get to see our little chickadee again!

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors