(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 107
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  Good luck at your scan today! Exciting!

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  We plan on trying for our second one as soon as my OB allows it. Sounds crazy, but we both want to get the ridiculous, sleepless diaper days behind us in one fell swoop instead of starting it all over again from scratch each time. We want 2-3.

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  I’ve had BAD cramps the entire time…so much so that I dread sneezing. I went to see my OB about it at 7.5 weeks, and all was well! She said first time moms have a lot of ligament stretching going on and that you can cramp/feel pain your entire pregnancy. Neat. I can’t wait.

I am so sick right now. I have a sinus infection and a double ear infection…And my doctor basically couldn’t find anything I could take that is safe for pregnancy that I’m not allergic to. My throat feels like its on fire.

On a brighter note, do any of you know a time-frame of when you will find out the gender? I think we will be having an elective u/s a few days before Christmas so we can tell my family in person! I’m so excited!

Post # 108
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  Hey Lady- I had a lot of bad middle-of-the-night cramping at first, but I hadn’t had any in a while.  However, the last few days I have had some cramping again. No spotting at all though.  Hopefully for you,it was a one time thing, and if there was no spotting or bleeding, I wouldn’t worry, especially if the doctor didn’t call you in.  They usually err on the side of precaution. Have a great time on your cruise- this is a great time of year to get away!

Post # 109
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  my headaches are getting better. Caffeine helped yesterday. But i felt one looming because of the rain/snow mix we’re getting it doesn’t surprise me. I just want them gone, it was a glorious 9 weeks without one. Im so glad you’re starting to feel better! Just about 2 hours until you can see the chickadee! 

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  I really hope you can feel better fast! We won’t get to find out the gender until well after Christmas. Our 20 week appointment/gender scan is 2/4/13. I’m hoping the dr can tell something on our 16w4d appointment on 1/10/13 with her bedside ultrasound machine but I doubt it since it will just be “a simple obgyn visit” for 10 min tops. πŸ™ My sister told us we need to have a gender reveal party for the families. Our wedding cupcake lady was having a sale last week on gift certificates. So she’ll end up making our gender cupcakes or cake. I just don’t know how to go about that without giving the answer to family before she’s done making our cake/cupcakes and we get a free day to host the party. 

Ive seriously reached a point of frustration with clothes. I have some mat wear. But it’s getting pricey to keep buying it this soon. I’m plus size as it is, and now my normal plus size clothes from my favorite store have apparently shrunk on the shelf. I was trying to find a sweater dress to wear to work and I was trying on one 3 sizes bigger than I normally wear and it was still tight. Maybe because it was just plus size and not mat wear made the difference. But at Old Navy I can buy regular sweaters in my normal size and not have an issue. Blah!

Post # 110
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Thanks everyone for making me feel better! As long as there’s no blood, I’m going to try to relax and assume everything is okay. 

I hope all you ladies struggling with sickness/general not feeling well start feeling better soon!

Post # 111
1301 posts
Bumble bee

@SimplyChic11: We plan on having a few kids. We will see how we go. I would ideally like to have 3-4. My husband would probably like 2-3. Who knows how many we will have. We will see how we go with number 1! Like 

View original reply
@ellebeerob: we would like to have ours in close succession. I would ideally like to try for our second when we are cleared to. (That might totally change!).

I got the results from the combined NT scan and bloodwork back and it came back as 1:14000 for risks of downs syndrome/adnormalities. We are pleased but accept that its only screening, so things could still happen. 

It was so incredible to see our baby again. S/he was waving and jumping all over the place and then rolled around. It was so special. I feel very blessed. 

Otherwise, I am feeling sick as a dog today. But very happy πŸ™‚ 

Post # 112
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

anyone else’s gag reflex crazy sensitive? I never really had much of one before getting preggers but no it’s INSANE!

Like seriously, even the thought of having something stuck in my throat makes me dry heave violently!

In the morning after I brush my teeth is usually the worst! The flegm that is there after I brush completely sends me over the top. I actually threw up a little in the sink the morning because of it. It’s GROSS!

This isn’t upset stomach/nausia, it’s completed the gag reflex alone…ugh.

Post # 113
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@anotherbee:  YES! DH laughs and laughs when I try to use Chloraseptic spray for my sore throat because each teensy spray is followed by a violent and dramatic gag. I also gag when I brush my back teeth. SO awful! No nausea. Just gagging. ha!

Post # 114
4354 posts
Honey bee

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  Your results are wonderful!!

We had our screening ultrasound today and our nuchal measurement was 0.91mm, which is nice and low. Unfortunately I won’t get any results until a week after my second blood draw which isn’t until 15 weeks. Baby looked great though, measured a bit ahead at 13w (I’m 12w2d). Heartbeat was 169 bpm but baby was STUBBORN as heck and wouldn’t sit still for measurements. I had just eaten a candy cane a little before my appointment, that may have been why. The tech made me get up and walk for a bit to try and get baby into the right position. Luckily in the end we got all the measurements. Over the moon and making a plan now to let the world in on our secret πŸ™‚

Post # 115
29 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I just wanted to say, they can definitely tell on the portable ultrasounds the doctors sometimes use in the exam room.  My last pregnancy I had bleeding at 16 weeks exactly and my doctor used the little ultrasound to check out the baby (everything was fine, just unexplained bleeding).  I asked him if he could tell the sex and he said sure, went looking and told us it was a boy.  He said not to go buy anything “blue” before the official, big 20 week ultrasound with the big machine, but he would bet a chocolate bar on it…he was right.

Post # 116
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Sea_bass:  Yay! Great results!! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@MrsSawyer:  Glad your ultrasound numbers turned out well! Can’t wait to hear the numbers in a few weeks. 

View original reply
@SBMT:  hmm maybe I can convince the dr to bust out her portable ultrasound machine at 16w. I’m her 2nd to last appointment so I doubt it. πŸ™

Post # 117
2259 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@anotherbee:  YES. I was looking at Pinterest today, recipe boards and totally gagged at some of the ideas. Usually weird meat/fruit combinations. πŸ™ The very thought of food can make me come close to throwing up, I’ve never been so miserable. 

Post # 118
254 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@SimplyChic11:  We’ve always said we wanted two kids, but I think we’re waiting to see how this pregnancy/baby turns out before we decide to expand beyond that. If so, we probably won’t start trying immediately after, but maybe wait until the baby is at least 1 or 2. Luckily, no one’s been asking about more kids or making assumptions with us so far!

View original reply
@MrsSawyer: 
View original reply
@Sea_bass:  sorry you’re both feeling so ill but congrats on the great screening results!

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  Yesterday morning, I had bad cramping, too, that I was worried about. First a sharp cramp on the right side of the lower pelvis, then later a sharp cramp on the left side. I started worrying immediately, but I had no bleeding and the cramps stopped pretty soon after. I might have tried to do too much the day before, exercise-wise, so I’m taking it easy today and hoping everything’s alright. I think we’re just at a point with our pregnancies where the baby and uterous is growing so much and pushing our organs around so much that we should expect a little more cramping than usual. At least that’s what I’m telling myself.

In other news, our next doctor’s appointment is next Thursday (a little less than a week away). It will four weeks from our last appointment at that point and I really hope that all has been going well! I don’t have any definite reason to worry – no bleeding, my belly’s been growing, everything seems fine otherwise, but I can’t help myself when it’s been this long between appointments. We’ll be 14w5d by that point and I’m really looking forward to seeing the baby again on the ultrasound!

Post # 119
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@saltybalty:  wow 14w5d at your next appointment! That seams so far away for me. Are you planning on finding out the gender? I think you might be the first one due in June. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  Did your cramps stop? When do you leave for the cruise… Tomorrow right?

My exhaustion is back in full force. I really hope I don’t just recycle my “symptoms” over and over. All of my free time this week was spent sleeping… Off tomorrow and I have a list of cleaning to do… But I’m sure ill be napping on the couch. 

Post # 120
173 posts
Blushing bee

Hi June moms! I am so out of the loop. I blame it on grad school, but I still want to play! 

How far along are you? 13 weeks, 3 days

Total weight gain: gained around 5 lbs 

Maternity clothes: One pair of work pants, and two pairs of jeans. I don’t really need them yet…although I probably will need the work ones come next week. My Bella band has been coming in handy!

Best moment this week: Having the time to reflect on the last two months and think about planning a nursery for our little one!

Food cravings: Carbs…well, maybe that’s not a craving, it’s just all I am not averse to.

Food aversions: Any kind of meat. So hungry but in general, nothing sounds appetizing.

What I’m looking forward to: Feeling the baby move!

Hope all you ladies still feeling sick start to feel better soon. I am not really nauseous like I was, but no food sounds good to me at this point. 

Has anyone looked into day care options yet? People keep warning me it will be expensive, but I have no idea what the prices are in my area. Guess it’s time to start calling around. I’d love to say either my husband or I would be able to stay home but I don’t know how realistic that is at this point.

Post # 121
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Hi bees! I told my boss on Friday and she was so excited!!! It’s so nice to be able to start tellingpeople. I went shopping with a friend who works with me and told her, and turns out she’s pregnant too!!! It’s so nice to have afriend to go through this with! She’s about 5 weeks behind me!!

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 3!!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors