• poll: We are Team

Blue :)

Pink :)

Green :)

• Post # 107
    1577 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @ellebeerob:  I was one of the ppl who sees a chiropractor. Did he suggest foot levelers? Is it your leg that is shorter or your hips tilted? I know my chiropractor fits and sells foot levellers and lots of the people swear by them! Also, don’t feel bad about getting bigger scrubs, I already bought bigger scrub tops haha. I had a feeling that one day I would put the top on and not be able to get out of it at night!

View original reply
    @SimplyChic11:  I hear that as long as the hardware on the crib is in good condition, it is fine to have a used one. πŸ™‚ Also, I tend to get EVERYTHING on amazon because of the free 2-day shipping with prime and the fact that I can find just about everything there cheaper than in a store except for a few exceptions.

Post # 108
    1577 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MrsDW:  I have that thought just about every day haha! I flip flop between being OMG yayyy baby and OMG what are we gonna doooo. Haha. I have also been feeling sad about being over halfway done with pregnancy – I feel like I will really miss being pregnant. Not the bad parts of course, but I like that I don’t have to worry about what my belly looks like πŸ˜› I used to be pretty self-conscious about belly rolls when I sit down and stupid stuff like that.

Post # 109
    1577 posts
    Bumble bee

It really blows my mind how strong this little fetus is o.o I will be holding my arms crossed on my belly, and she kicks me so hard it makes my arms move… it seems impossible for something so small to be that strong!

Post # 110
    1760 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
    @MissChanandlerBong:  I was seriously just sitting on my couch and my foot cramped up… twice!  It was so annoying!  And haven’t felt too dizzy lately.  I did in the first trimester from going up and down stairs too many times.  

View original reply
    @anotherbee:  Haha mine’s not so much “omg they’re letting me take home a baby thats only a day or 2 old” its more “:( it won’t ever be just me and hubby for any holidays”.  I’m happy we’ll have a little one to be with us on holidays and whatnot.  Just kind of sad that we’re not a family of 2 at the same time.  Odd huh?  

View original reply
    @ellebeerob:  Lol see mines not really about bringing home a little person… its the not being a family of 2 anymore sadness.  I’m odd I know.  Stick to your guns on MIL!!!  And yes isn’t it sad that when the il’s are quiet for awhile you know something big is brewing?!  We have the same thing here, thats usually when they call us over for dinner ‘because they miss us’ and we get the lecture on spending/saving/baby…etc.  But no, don’t host 30+ people, don’t even have them in the hospital!  They can meet your son when you go to the next family reunion since they have them twice a year.  If it helps, I’m sure you could find a dr connection to write a note that your baby cannot be around people for a few weeks post birth πŸ˜‰ Or have Mother-In-Law take pictures to show everyone.  

View original reply
    @stillme:  I seriously lol’d at work about “we’re not getting a ficus tree”!  I will forever think of that lol.  But seriously, its weird to think we’re going to have a little human to care for for the rest of our lives.  Granted they should move on and out of the house at some point, but still they are in your life forever. 

View original reply
    @SimplyChic11:  Hahaha thats exactly what I was thinking.  Like omg am I ready to be a mom forever?!  And excited but sad about not having “A table for 2” for awhile.  I have family that will let us go out alone… but its still that we’ll be coming home to a baby/little boy/boy and he’ll always be there.  I’m super excited to see your nursery come together.  Growing up I wanted vintage winnie the pooh stuff for a kids room but now just couldn’t do it.  

View original reply
    @bwaychick:  exactly!  It hit me because even though hubby has been out of his parents house for 12 years, his mom still gets him (and now us) valentines day / st patricks day / sweetest day / …etc presents.  It’s that he’s always on her mind which made me realize even when baby boy turns 18 and hopefully goes off to college and eventually gets married he won’t be gone.  Im afraid I’ll miss just being a family of 2 and only having to worry about each other.  Super selfish I know.  But I think its his mom that made me realize it yesterday.  And I haven’t noticed my shoes getting tighter.  I bought a new pair and they fit in the store, but didn’t fit at home when I went to wear them to work the other day.  I think they’re going back πŸ™

View original reply
    @dreamocracy:  I’m glad I’m not alone.  Super excited but at the same time like omg are we ready?!  But I don’t know if i’ll miss being pregnant… I’m still in the “i feel mostly the same/look the same” camp so I almost forget i’m pregnant sometimes except for the hip pain and lack of decent medicine for my headaches lol  I’m super jealous over your baby movement.  My movement slowed back down which has me worried, but dr said not to worry for another week or 2.  

Thanks everyone for the feedback on my “omg we’re no longer going to be just us” syndrome lol.  I feel weird saying I’m going to miss being just us… but I honestly think I will.  Don’t yell at me!  It’s hard to explain.  Maybe its fear?  A lady at work today mentioned that she can’t remember who picked up her youngest kid & his neighbor friend (both 4 years old) yesterday but she’s pretty sure she was supposed too, but she didn’t and he was at dinner so he made it home some how.  I feel like that will be me.  Forgetful and worrysome.  I’m beyond thrilled for our baby to get here (we were ttc he’s not at all a surprise)… but its probably the fear of the new lifestyle & change, and all the work that needs to be done before he gets here in 4 months.  And like @stillme said “it’s not just a ficus tree”, if something happens it impacts our lives way more than just a tree temporarily in our lives.  lol!  Seriously I’m not a bad mom, just in a weird scared funk.  Hope some of you can relate! :-/

And I’m totally blaming my blah mood on my ex (hs bf and still my bff) giving me bad news about his cancer again yesterday, while asking me for dating advice… and extreme work stress and drama upsetting me today.  I will snap out of this soon! 

Post # 111
    695 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
    @MrsDW:  I totally get your worries- don’t feel like a bad mom!  I have the same fears.  I think it just means that your bond with your DH is so strong that you don’t want that to be threatened when the baby comes.  I like to think that after a few years things will get easier and we will be able to nurture our marriages more and more, the older the kid(s) get.

Post # 112
    1760 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @bwaychick:  thanks dear! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 113
    1474 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
    @dreamocracy:  The leg is shorter and it tips my hips and pelvis lower on one side, but the chiro thinks its caused by spinal misalignment rather than my leg truly being shorter. He showed DH before and after my adjustments, and each adjustment makes them closer to the same length. Its crazy! I feel SO much better though. 

View original reply
    @MrsDW:  I totally get it too. Part of my bittersweet feeling comes from the fact that we’ve never had time to just ‘be’ since we’ve been engaged and married. We’ve always been gearing up for (and PAYING for!) a big event. We got a puppy, got engaged, built a house during our engagement, got married 3 months after we got engaged, started building a fence/buying furniture/etc for the house, saved for our honeymoon in Aruba, went on our honeymoon, paid off more house stuff, then BAM. Pregnant. Part of me wishes we’d had a year or two to just get our head above water…We were NTNP since I have endometriosis and were told our odds of ever conceiving were slim. We are thrilled to death to be having a baby but I totally get the sadness that it won’t ever be just ‘us’ again. I’m also missing my sister’s wedding in Florida so that adds to the ache a little. We only got one vacation/trip as a married couple before kids. 

Post # 114
    1760 posts
    Buzzing bee

Finally getting to announce what gender the baby is to my family this evening.  Maybe that will perk me up since we can hopefully finish registering at Babies R Us tomorrow. πŸ™‚

Post # 115
    1474 posts
    Bumble bee

We went to the ILs last night and it took every shred of my being not to kill them. From my Father-In-Law criticizing me for going to the chiropractor to my Mother-In-Law criticizing my hospital choice and trying to get me to change it, I don’t know how I’m going to survive them after the baby is born. Poor DH has been around them his whole life so he doesn’t realize just how annoying and critical they are. Is it wrong of me to hope this baby is six days late so they’re in another state 8 hours away when he’s born? 

Post # 116
    1474 posts
    Bumble bee

View original reply
    @MrsDW:  Awww, fun! I bet they’re excited! You’ve had to hold it in so long waiting to see them! 

Post # 117
    1760 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @ellebeerob:  Thanks hun!  You can totally relate πŸ™‚  Hubby & I have been together forever (celebrating 6 years in 5 days), but since the engagement (Jan 2011) things just went soo fast, that we didn’t have time to just be married and together in our house (which is silly since we lived together almost our whole relationship).  We were ttc but thought it would take awhile since I was on bc for over 15 years of my life.  I think I’m sad because we had to put off our honeymoon this past December because of hubby starting a new job during the vacation and they wouldn’t let him have off, and now we could go… but I can’t see spending the money when we have the baby coming.  Maybe we should just plan something cheaper and fly to the coast for a few days and spend some time alone.  I wanted a grand relaxing “once in a life time” vacation – we were headed to Costa Rica.  He wanted to just be with me.  But now that I bring up a vacation within the states he gets crazy ideas which makes it almost as expensive as our trip to Costa Rica would have been.  I know our familys will let us vacation after the baby is here (and leave the country), but something about that feels odd.  Maybe i’ll check out cheap flights and groupon to get a great cheap vacation planned for this spring.  

I think my other issue is that there is so much to be done that I feel like I’m drowning and wont get it all done before he comes in June.  In a frustrated emotional crying fit last night I explained that I have little time to do things because i’m exhausted just working my normal desk job now (dr explained it to us as due to my weightloss and lack of nutrition for me since baby is getting it all first).  So we decided that I can make lists and we will work on checking them off.  So I’m off to go do that now too.  It’s just been a rough few days emotionally and the pregnancy hormones aren’t helping.  πŸ™‚  

Thanks for listening to me vent everyone! 

Post # 118
    2259 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @MrsDW:  Ah let me know how it went! I know a LOT of people were hoping for a boy for you guys – FB posts I saw. D: It’s taking a lot not to tell my mom the gender until we’re ready. Still haven’t told anyone but my best friend. 

It’s weird referring to the baby as an ‘it’ or just ‘baby’ to others when we both know it’s a he/him. 

Post # 119
    2259 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @MrsDW:  Do it! Hubby and I never had a honeymoon either. Well- we did three days near Tampa bay area when I was there on a business trip this past June. πŸ˜› Didn’t really count though since I was so exhausted from 18 hr days during the trip I only slept and ate and lay on the beach for the three days lol still- it was nice. I’d love to plan a just the two of us vacation sometime in the next few years. 

Post # 120
    1760 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @SimplyChic11:  Why aren’t you telling your family yet?  I almost caved a few times except I wanted them all together so they heard it at the same time.  All of my family besides my nephew were hoping for a girl.  So this is going to be tough telling them its another grandson for my parents.  All my friends were hoping for a boy since they all either have boys or just like baby boys better.  Have you noticed the nice collection of names on my facebook?  My sister and a friend were calling him Feivel back in December (and still are to this day without knowing his gender yet), a friend is calling him #48 (he’s decided my boy is playing hockey and that’s going to be his number lol), my ex bf is calling him seamus because he hates all my baby names, I use “junior” with a lot of people lately… we’ve been using ‘code’ names i guess for people that know.  At work people are calling him AJ, Parker, and Kevlar (lol!).  It is hard to refer to him as baby or little one… I really want to get a name down so I can start calling him that around the boards and in real life.  

We’re wrapping up the same onesies for my mom and stepdad that we gave hubby’s family, and got my sister a bib for the baby that says “my aunt is hot and single”.  I wanted them to keep the outfits for “emergency” ones at their houses or for when they have him over.  

Post # 121
    1760 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @SimplyChic11:  Honestly I think the trip might be able to be cheap using spirit airlines and groupon… now I just have to get hubby to figure out his vacation days and hopefully I can surprise him.  I’ll be eating up some of my vacation days but I really want to do this.  Even if its just for a long weekend Fri-Mon somewhere.  Eeek!  Getting excited! 

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies-Part 7!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors