(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 17
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@anotherbee:  my drink wasn’t that bad either… Until the car ride to the dr. It wanted to come back up lol. And it burned a bit going down at the end but I think that has to do with the lovely heartburn last night and a raw throat. 20 min until my blood draw πŸ™‚

Post # 18
424 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

I’ve been horrible at keeping up with these threads, but I wanted to pop in and say hi and give you a quick update!  Hope everyone is doing well!  

How far along:    30 weeks 6 days

Total weight gain/loss:  About 25 pounds

Stretch marks:    None yet!  Fingers crossed!

Maternity clothes:  I’m still in a combination of maternity / non maternity.  I have a lot of longer tunic flowy type tops that are non maternity that still amazingly fit which is great because I don’t want to spend much on maternity clothes.  I work from home, so I basically wear yoga pants and a top all day which really helps.  I can’t imagine all the stuff you would have to buy working in an office!  I have a few maternity things that I can wear on weekends or if I have to leave the house.

Sleep:  Not too bad!  I get up once during the night to pee, but other than that I pretty much sleep through.  

Food cravings or aversions:   Nothing really.  Maybe sweets a little, but I’ve always craved sweets, so I don’t think it’s just from the pregnancy.

Gender:  It’s a girl!  We had an extra ultrasound at 28 weeks (she had a little cyst in her brain at 20 weeks that they wanted to make sure cleared up- and it did) so we got to double check the sex just in case.  It’s a good thing because we just a had our first baby shower last weekend and our house is a sea of pink!

Movement:  Lots of movement when I sit / lay down for a period of time.  I’m so busy during the day I don’t notice very much then.

Belly button in/out:  Waaay out.  You can see it in clothes that I wear which is a little annoying.  It’s been out since I started showing since it was almost an outie to begin with.

Diet:  Trying to keep it healthy!  Well except for some sweets.  But I passed my glucose test so I’m not too worried about that anymore!

What I’m loving:  Getting our nursery together (just ordered all the furniture) and all of our gifts from our shower make it so much more real!  And having quiet moments feeling her kick- it’s amazing!

What I’m not loving:  I could write a novel in this category this week.  My husband found out that he is probably losing his job by the end of next month.  Due to an a**hole surgeon who hates new sales reps even though my husband has done nothing wrong.  It’s so frustrating.  So now we might be losing our awesome insurance, or we might have to pay a lot for cobra to continue it until the baby is born.  He’s looking for new jobs and he’s an excellent interviewer, but it’s frustrating that he might have to find something he’s not that excited about just to hold us over.  Plus it will be hard to get something in the same pay scale on short notice, especially since he hasn’t been at his current job for a year yet, which I know looks bad to employers.  But, I know that somehow it will work out.  It’s just hard because it was so exciting to go out and buy things for the baby and prepare, and now we’ll have to be very careful about spending.  It kind of takes the fun out of it. πŸ™  I’m hoping that this will be a blessing in disguise since his schedule with this job was really awful (24/7 on call except 1 weekend per month).  And he was supposed to fly to a week long training about 2 weeks after the baby is going to be born, which was stressing me out.  At least now he probably won’t have to do that.  

What I miss:  St. Paddy’s day was really hard without a guiness!  But mostly I just miss being in control of my own body. 

Favourite moment this week:  Our shower!  We had our first shower that my Mother-In-Law threw for us on Sunday.  We were able to catch up with a lot of family and friends that we don’t see very often and we got a bunch of cute things for our little girl!  

What number thread do you think we will be on come June 1st?!:   I have no idea!  Every time I make it on here I find out I’ve missed 1-2 full threads.  

Post # 19
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

Hey ladies, sice some of you were talking about shower outfits… Old Navy has 30% off online until April 1st. Definitely hitting the website later πŸ™‚

Post # 20
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@MrsDW:  so apparently they pulled some of my blodd in the wrong vial, so I have to go back and have more blood drawn. But the nurse didn’t seem to think that it had anything to do with the glucose test, just random blood.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to do the whole test over again…

Post # 21
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

How far along:   
28weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain/loss:  about 15lbs

Stretch marks:    I thought I saw some the other day, but I think they are gone now.

Maternity clothes: yep – since 10 weeks. Been living in the same 3 pairs of pants…can’t wait for summer to get here!

Sleep: since about last week, it’s been horrible. Tossing all night

Food cravings or aversions: nothing specific that I can think of that I want all the time.

Movement: lots! I’ve definately got a soccer/hockey player/athlete of some sort.

Belly button in/out:  in, but getting shallower by the day!

Diet:  could be better. DH definately made me feel bad about the number of veggies I eat when our student nursers came to visit on Tuesday evening.

What I’m loving:  the movement

What I’m not loving:  the bum in my ribs/lack of sleep

What I miss: WINE. and soft serve ice cream

Favourite moment this week: DH agreeing (and voluntarily telling people) that when he’s not working, he’ll be dealing with the 3am crying while I get to sleep!

What number thread do you think we will be on come June 1st?!: 16

Post # 22
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

How far along:    30 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain/loss:  29 lbs

Stretch marks:    Nope

Maternity clothes: Since last October πŸ™‚

Sleep: Decent. I’m so hot all the time!

Food cravings or aversions: Craving: Everything. Aversions: Nothing. Also refer to – 29 lb weight gain πŸ˜‰

Movement: Starting to lessen. I think he’s running out of room!

Belly button in/out:  Flat

Diet:  I want to eat salads twice a day.

What I’m loving:  Salads. Naps. Decorating baby boy’s room. DH.

What I’m not loving:  Attention. I HATE people asking me questions, giving me advice, stupid comments. The introvert in me is so uncomfortable.

What I miss: Sleeping on my back and belly, my waistline, my wardrobe, white wine.

Favourite moment this week: Unexpectedly got to see little guy on an ultrasound yesterday due to a big blood pressure dip.

What number thread do you think we will be on come June 1st?!: 14?

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/june-2013-babies-part-9#ixzz2Oqj8ZeZi

Post # 23
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  How cool that you got to see him again!  I was just telling my husband, it’s weird to me that we don’t have any more ultrasounds- I want to see her again!  I just saw that your old thread about your sister’s wedding was resurrected. I was APPALLED at the comment that girl made.  But I’m curious- what was the decision, are you going to try to go to the wedding?

Post # 24
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@anotherbee:  how did you feel after your test? I seriously crashed. Jittery, dizzy and weak. :-/  And super odd that your lab messed up the blood draw for some tests! They took 3 vials for me. And I go back at noon tomorrow to hear the results and get rhogam. 

Post # 26
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I felt fine after the test. About 30 mins in, I think I had a sugar high. I felt a little drunk..lol.

the lab just called me again saying that the blood work was in relation to the rogham shot, not the glucose, and it needs to be re-drawn today before 4pm. Thanks. You couldn’t tell me that at 10 am this morning? When I told you that I couldn’t get back today at all?

Ugh.

Either way, as I was tuping this post, my manager told me that I could jsut go home after I’m done at the hospital! Hurray for extra EXTRA long weekend! πŸ™‚

Post # 27
29 posts
Newbee

How far along:    29 weeks, 4 days

Total weight gain/loss:  8 lbs…I know, I know, hardly anything but I expect to put it on now that I am in the 3rd tri.  This pregnancy I just have not been as into sweets as I was with my first.  I actually have to remind myself to eat sometimes.

Stretch marks:    You betcha…still put my Bio Oil on at night but they are certainly still there.

Maternity clothes: Love my leggings from pea in a pod…so comfortable with my uggs and a maternity sweater!  Not loving some of my maternity work clothes in the 3rd trimester that cut me wrong when I sit down at my desk.

Sleep: Awful…up every 1-2 hours.  Some nights I am up from 3-6am with insomnia which really sucks as I know the first couple of months sleeping with baby will be rough so want to get all my sleep in now!

Food cravings or aversions: Craving Dutch Brothers (coffee place on west coast) mocha freezes which I can’t get decaf.  I only splurge on them a couple times a week due to the caffeine, but I crave them constantly.  This is funny as the thought of coffee in my 1st tri was nauseating!

Movement: Oh my gosh, I am with @bwaychick: !  My little girl is so active, I am worried she will never sleep!  She is moving like every 30 minutes and doing somersaults in there.  I have to cover up in meetings at work as you can seriously see my belly roll all the time.  She is way more active constantly than my son was as he had certain times he was active and then he was sleeping.  She is even active when I wake up to go to the bathroom at night!  I am in trouble as she definitely does not appear to be much of a sleeper at all other than little cat naps…

Belly button in/out:  Still in

Diet:  Not too bad as not craving bad stuff.

What I’m loving:  Enjoying our last moments as a family of three.  We are taking a family trip to San Diego in two weeks and looking forward to that as we know it will be our last one, just us three.  Looking forward to seeing my son’s face when he sees the whales at Seaworld.

What I’m not loving:  Feeling like Shamu myself when I roll over in bed…  Not being able to pick my son up as easily or get toys that fall behind the couch for him.

What I miss: I miss sharing wine with my husband.

Favorite moment this week: My almost two year old son putting his head on my belly and saying “Hi baby!”.

What number thread do you think we will be on come June 1st?!: 15

Post # 28
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@bwaychick:  No πŸ™ I want to go so bad, but we know a couple who went to a funeral when she was two weeks away from her due date, and she ended up delivering while they were out of town! They had no carseat, no supplies, and no hospital would take their insurance since they were so far out of network. It cost them $40,000. However, there is a teensy chance that a small independent airline that flies to the town she’s getting married in and back several times a day might let me book a ticket…Its a super short flight and I could fly in and fly out the same day! I’m going to ask my OB on Tuesday and then call them if she says ok. The response on my thread literally made me lol! God forbid I ruin my sister’s pics by having cankles on her wedding day πŸ˜‰

View original reply
@Sweethart:  Its all good now! I was just a little dehydrated so it dipped enough to make me dizzy.

The ultrasound I got yesterday was kinda crazy… I was all excited to see a fully formed baby on there, but he was too big to fit on the screen anymore! All the tech could show me was one part at a time. She printed me off a pic, but it wasn’t even good because he’s just too large at this point. He looks like a real baby, with chub on him and everything. He’s already got some chubby cheeks and a little tummy. Makes me excited! πŸ™‚

Post # 29
373 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

How far along:  30 weeks 2 days πŸ™‚

Total weight gain/loss:  25 pounds, I havent gained weight in a few weeks πŸ™‚

Stretch marks:  I have them on my hips, they are old that have now just turned redish purple hoping I dont get anymore πŸ™

Maternity clothes: I’ve been in them since the beginning, but now since I’m not working I pretty much live in my yoga pants and a tshirt, I’m hoping my maxi dresses still fit since the weather is getting nicer out. I dont want to buy anymore clothes until after the baby comes.

Sleep: Its been ok, I get up once at about 4am to go pee and sometimes I wake up a little later because I’m starving.

Food cravings or aversions: No cravings, I did find a little corner store that sells root beer slurpees so I’ve been living off those πŸ™‚ No aversions, dont really have an apetite either.

Movement: Tons, she is very active, especially in the late evening and when I’m trying to sleep.

Belly button in/out: Out πŸ™ Well its kinda just flat lol  

Diet:  Haha yah right! I eat what I want when I want which isnt often since I’m never hungry but I think hey Ive only got few more months left to just eat whatever before I have to start worrying about getting my pre pregnancy body back!

What I’m loving:  I really do love my baby belly, my DH has made me feel beautiful and I never worry about what I look like anymore lol. I’m loving all the speical attention I have been getting as well, people seem to care so much more now that I’m pregnant lol.

What I’m not loving: I’m not loving these dizzy spells, and nauseua that accompies it. Its just annoying since I’m never sure when I will feel good or not, so I just kinda chill at home and wait for the hubby to get home and hope I feel better by then. 

What I miss: I miss feeling good, and sometimes I miss drinking never was a big drinker before but dang I’d like to go out for a girls night soon!

Favourite moment this week: Hitting the 30 week mark is pretty exciting! That means only 10 left hopefully a little less!

What number thread do you think we will be on come June 1st?!: 15

Post # 30
1577 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@anotherbee:  Glad your experience with the glucose test wasn’t too bad! Hope you don’t have to retake it. My drink just tasted like Orange Drink, made me feel dizzy and off, but nothing too bad.. till I completely crashed a few hours later! Haha Sugar crash. I feel this is relevant: http://crappypictures.com/the-lemonade-blind-spot/ XD

View original reply
@faye0314:  So sorry to hear about your husband’s job! πŸ™ I hope things work out for you

View original reply
@ellebeerob:  What kind of salads have you been making? πŸ™‚ I am in a salad mood lately too, haha. So lucky you got to see your baby again! I secretly hope for another ultrasound, but I don’t want to have any of the issues that would cause me to have one! Haha. Crazy that he doesn’t fit on the screen anymore!

Post # 31
1474 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@dreamocracy: I buy the spring mix greens, and then anything in the fridge is fair game to go on them. Tomatoes, hard boiled eggs, broccoli, bell pepper slices, olives, dried cranberries, pasteurized feta, mozzarella, basil, mushrooms, cucumbers, leftover grilled chicken and/or steak, you name it!

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors