(Closed) June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)

posted 8 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 347
2849 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

View original reply
@MrsDW:  She could be like my in-laws who don’t like spending money. They invited their friends to our wedding, because they knew they weren’t paying for it. But when it came to the shower, they tried to keep it small. I think that could be what’s happening in your scenario. I know my Mother-In-Law gave me a number of people I could invite to the baby shower and said to keep it under that. 

Post # 348
1949 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

View original reply
@MrsDW:  yes, the months are definately flying! Esp with baby related things picking up on the weekends now! DH and I have this weekend and next, and then the baby stuff starts!

we’ve got prenatal class and his diaper party the weekend of the 27th, then his birthday is the 5th, mat pictures/mothers day the weekend of the 11th, my shower the weekend of the 18th, L& D tour on the 22nd, and then I’m done work and it’s baby month!

Post # 349
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@MrsDW:  hmmm well since she didn’t expressly “forbid” it, maybe it wouldn’t hurt to send out 5 or so extra invites to the people that have really expressed an interest in the baby.  I almost feel like it might be rude Not to invite them.  But you know the situation better than I do, so I’m sure you’ll do what’s acceptable!  Oh, and good luck with your doctor’s appt!

Post # 350
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

so, I’m looking to order a name decal for baby boy’s wall, but I’m having a hard time chooseing colours. This is the esty sample: http://www.etsy.com/listing/78129332/personalized-name-with-squares-and

but I’m hoping to avoid blue (since our walls are a blue/grey colour). What do you think about this colour combo? I’m not 100% sure on the yellow. Do you have any other colour suggestions for me?

Post # 352
622 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011 - Vandiver Inn

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I don’t know your Mother-In-Law so this is just my wild guess. But some folks feel really anxious about inviting people to showers because they’re mandatory gift giving events. While it’s true that most folks will also bring a gift to a wedding, you can forgo the gift and still be polite. But not bringing a ngift to a shower is really a no-no. So maybe she just feels awkward demanding that her friends and family give you guys gifts?

For what it’s worth, I actually failed to invite some folks that should have been invited to my shower. Solely because I hate being grabby. I need the help, but it just feels like I’m ordering folks to bring me stuff, which makes me all nervous. Anyway, my husband had to clean up behind my mistake. That’s the moral of the story.

And YES on time going so fast now! I feel like I’ve lost a few weeks because we know I’m being induced early so I’m actually a little panicky about getting it all done now. I want to get the nursery mostly set up before our shower (it’s at our house so I want to be able to show people), and then I feel like we’ll be in super high gear trying to finish everything up after the shower. Last minute buysing, putting things away, etc. I’m afraid it somehow won’t all get done, which I guess is silly. But that’s just how I roll.

Post # 353
1760 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  the inlaws paid for a big portion of the wedding because they wanted to invite so many people. My bridal shower was thrown by mil, mom, sis and bridemaid, this shower is being thrown by mom, sis and mil. She has to do little besides have a clean house and let my family in to decorate. My family is bringing everything, she offered her house instead of stressing us out and having it at my house or a restaurant. 

View original reply
@bwaychick:  I think I might ask her if she wants any to go out to her family once I’m done addressing them for mine. :-/

Post # 354
2849 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Hmm, in that case, I would go with what Mrs. Lox said. Hopefully, you can talk her into inviting some of her family. 

Post # 355
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  maybe you’re right. But they LOVE going to showers which makes me think they would love having people at one. I don’t know. Ill try to talk to her or have hubby if she won’t respond. 

Post # 356
1760 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  hoping I can. Otherwise I might have hubby talk to her. 

View original reply
@anotherbee:  the yellow pops out to me. Might look odd if you don’t have a ton of yellow in your room. 

Post # 357
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@Bichon Frise:  thanks for the link. We are sold on this decal. I’m not doing animals/theme, etc, just colours so I think this best fits what I want to accomplish.

View original reply
@MrsDW:  I agree. The yellow is what’s throwing me off. I did another version with more of a butter yellow. It’s called maize. I like it better. blends in more. And we won’t be having any other yellow in the nursery. The only other things I’m putting on the wall will be maternity/newborn photos once I’ve got them done.

Post # 358
695 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

View original reply
@MrsDW:  Well good luck.  Such an odd situation, it’s like if she thinks they’ll send you something anyway, it seems like it would be nice to give them the option of enjoying the party.  But I’ll let it go!  I’m sure it will be a wonderful event no matter what, and it might be nice to only have people there that you really know and love.  My shower is in 11 days, and I just tried on my dress.  It’s actually a hand me down from a friend, but I Love it.  I hope it still fits for the shower!  It’s like a baby doll dress, but it’s short, so I’m just worried that if my belly grows too much more, it’ll be too short.

Post # 359
1474 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

View original reply
@Mrs. Lox:  The nursery is BEAUTIFUL! Our house is done in very beachy blues, whites, and creams and I looked at both those paints colors. Love them! So sweet and calming.

Post # 360
2849 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@anotherbee:  I agree with MrsDW that the yellow sticks out a lot in that decal. I like your idea of toning it down a bit. I think it’s a cute design!

Post # 361
1949 posts
Buzzing bee

How about this yellow? does this look better?

The topic ‘June 2013 Babies- Part 9!!! (closed)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors